Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Leicester City 2-1 Brighton - Vote Now

Leicester City 2-1 Brighton

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 6.7

Total Average Rating

93 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Harvey Barnes 7.8
  3. Lowest Rated Player

James Maddison 5.7
  4. Manager Confidence 91% +56%

Season: 2018/19
Voting Starts: 26/02/19
Voting Ends: 02/03/19

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Ricardo Pereira
  3. Jonny Evans
  4. Harry Maguire
  5. Ben Chilwell
  6. Youri Tielemans
  7. Wilfred Ndidi
  8. James Maddison
  9. Demarai Gray
  10. Jamie Vardy
  11. Harvey Barnes
  12. Nampalys Mendy (sub)
  13. Shinji Okazaki (sub)
  14. Kelechi Iheanacho (sub)

Kasper Schmeichel - Played excellent today, smashing saves.

Youri Tielemans - Please join our club, lovely lovely assist. 

Wilfred Ndidi - Sometimes i wonder with Ndidi. His awareness and shots are just so - on another planet? (Prefer Hamza to have a chance - or even try out Mendy as partner to Tieleman.) At least try it? 

James Maddison - Probably the worst game ive seen him play :( seemed just off all game. 

Demarai Gray - Great start, petered off but very pleased he opened up the score sheet, should give him more confidence. 

Jamie Vardy - With exception of the goal, something isnt quite right. Hopefully BR can address and sort it as scoring goals is something we have been lacking of late and no better person to fill this void than Jamie. 

Harvey Barnes - Apprehensive to have recalled him from WBA-pleased we did, what a player he is turning out to be. He is finding space that others arnt and doing an amazing job. MotM today

Kasper - 7 - Distribution and shot stopping much improved from Saturday's game.

Ricardo - 5 - Actually thought he was quite poor tonight. Looks absolutely shagged to be fair to him. Got turned too many times but can't fault his effort.

Evans - 6 - His passing is unreal, a proper asset. Couple of shaky moments but otherwise decent.

Maguire - 6 - Similar to Evans. Heading seemed a bit off and I didn't like that Duffy won nearly every header against him from corners. Bonus point for thinking he was Messi.

Chilwell - 6 - Solid without being his usual self.

Ndidi - 7 - Played well tonight. The midfield 3 definitely suits him the most.

Tielemans - 7 - We really should look at getting him tied up. Real class. I love that he's strong and doesn't get bullied like Maddison sometimes does. Great pass for the 1st goal.

Maddison - 6 - He's out of form but his quality is undeniable. Really think Rodgers is the best thing that could have happened to him.

Barnes - 8 - Had Montoya on toast all game. With his quick feet, sheer pace and strength there is a great base for Rodgers to work on. Really pleased with him tonight.

Vardy - 6 - Still very, very quiet but theres no way he's missing a chance like that.

Mendy - 6 - Played well when he came on. Good move from Stowell and Saddler. provided a calming influence in the midfield. Thought he showed some clever play.

Okazaki - N/A - His enthusiasm is utterly infectious. I love the bloke.

Iheanacho - N/A - No time to influence the game.

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Kasper - 7 - Distribution and shot stopping much improved from Saturday's game.

Ricardo - 5 - Actually thought he was quite poor tonight. Looks absolutely shagged to be fair to him. Got turned too many times but can't fault his effort.

Evans - 6 - His passing is unreal, a proper asset. Couple of shaky moments but otherwise decent.

Maguire - 6 - Similar to Evans. Heading seemed a bit off and I didn't like that Duffy won nearly every header against him from corners. Bonus point for thinking he was Messi.

Chilwell - 6 - Solid without being his usual self.

Ndidi - 7 - Played well tonight. The midfield 3 definitely suits him the most.

Tielemans - 7 - We really should look at getting him tied up. Real class. I love that he's strong and doesn't get bullied like Maddison sometimes does. Great pass for the 1st goal.

Maddison - 6 - He's out of form but his quality is undeniable. Really think Rodgers is the best thing that could have happened to him.

Barnes - 8 - Had Montoya on toast all game. With his quick feet, sheer pace and strength there is a great base for Rodgers to work on. Really pleased with him tonight.

Vardy - 6 - Still very, very quiet but theres no way he's missing a chance like that.

Mendy - 6 - Played well when he came on. Good move from Stowell and Saddler. provided a calming influence in the midfield. Thought he showed some clever play.

Okazaki - N/A - His enthusiasm is utterly infectious. I love the bloke.

Iheanacho - N/A - No time to influence the game.

Wot no Gray

I’m not his biggest fan but thought he had one of his better games tonight even not taking account of his goal

1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Wot no Gray

I’m not his biggest fan but thought he had one of his better games tonight even not taking account of his goal

whoops!

Gray - 8 - Worked very hard, took his chance well and showed some very neat touches. Hopefully he and Barnes can flourish under Brendan.

I thought Ricardo was good, better than Chillwell. Lots of good or great performances. I thought Ndidi did well, better than recently. Schmeichel made a brilliant save prevented them from levelling. MotM between Barnes and Tielemans for me, both deserved 8. Maddison 6, poor game but redeemed himself with the assist. Gray 7, very good game. Vards 7 as well. CBs were a bit suspect at times especially during set pieces, but Maguire should get a honorable mention for turning Brighton team into parking cones. One of these runs will end with a worldie someday... 

Edited by Chester Dontlie

Decent performance, and great to get a win. Worth staying up until 5am for! Brighton were a decent side and I hope they don't go down because there are worse teams in the P/L, including Palace, Cardiff, Southampton & Burnley.

Our performance was not as good as some of our recent ones, especially Spuds & Liverpool, but we needed the win more than a performance. I bet Claude is cursing his luck today as Brighton were missing the chances which have been going in against us, and opposition goalkeepers have been saving the shots we scored from.

Kasper -7- Two brilliant saves at crucial times. 

Ricardo -7- Really decent performance and never gave up running.

Evans -7- Pretty solid, but would like him to show more leadership as the most senior defender.

Maguire -7- Fantastic run and if he had scored from that dribble it would have been goal of the decade. Defensively a bit sloppy and casual.

Chilwell -7- Great to see him back. Played a decent game and linked up well with Barnes.

Tielemans -7- Lovely assist, some good touches. Ran out of steam and again it was the right decision to sub him.

N'Didi -6- Not as convincing as his last two games, where I thought he was back to his best.

Maddison -6- What has happened to his dead ball delivery? Corners were poor as are his recent free kicks. Not bad otherwise.

Gray -8- Thought one of his best games for us. Never stopped running and hassling opponents. Very well taken goal and decent skill.

Vardy -7- Well taken goal. The glint in his eyes was back. Worked harder than for many a match.

Barnes -8- MOTM but only just. If only that first goal would go in so he can relax. My only complaint of him is he is snatching at chances.

Mendy -6- Thought he did OK when he came on and made us a little more compact.

Nacho & Okazaki On too late to rate.

Puel voted stay, but too late as he's gone!! :whistle:

Rodgers -9- Nice smile, nice teeth, nice suit, nice wave, nice comments, nice posture. Voted stay, but got to improve............:ph34r::scarf:

Kasper 7 One really top save in the first half 

Ricardo 6 Some really dash moments from him. Kept getting turned because he kept going flying in to get to the ball

Evans 7 Steady but struggled with Dunk and Duffy at times 

Maguire 7 As above. That run was hilarious

Chilwell 7 Played well again. So strong in the air

*what was pleasing was that the defenders seemed more inclined to play long balls into the channels than under Puel* 

Gray 8 MOTM He is one who will really thrive under Rodgers. Needs a run of games on the wing and his confidence will improve 

Ndidi 7 Solid game again 

Tielemans 7 Great first half but he tires so quickly 

Maddison 5 His worst game for us. Kept losing the ball and ducked a few challenges 

Barnes 8 Needs a goal but what a player he is. Confident, direct, strong. Love watching him play 

Vardy 6 Really off it at the moment, despite his goal. He’s had spells like this before though and come through them 

Mendy 7 Did really well when he came on

Iheanacho still managed to be useless with a brainless offside despite only being on for 1 minute 

*we lack a physical presence in midfield. Hope Rodgers addresses it* 

Edited by Dickov22

9 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

Kasper 7 One really top save in the first half 

Ricardo 6 Some really dash moments from him. Kept getting turned because he kept going flying in to get to the ball

Evans 7 Steady but struggled with Dunk and Duffy at times 

Maguire 7 As above. That run was hilarious

Chilwell 7 Played well again. So strong in the air

*what was pleasing was that the defenders seemed more inclined to play long balls into the channels than under Puel* 

Gray 8 MOTM He is one who will really thrive under Rodgers. Needs a run of games on the wing and his confidence will improve 

Ndidi 7 Solid game again 

Tielemans 7 Great first half but he tires so quickly 

Maddison 5 His worst game for us. Kept losing the ball and ducked a few challenges 

Barnes 8 Needs a goal but what a player he is. Confident, direct, strong. Love watching him play 

Vardy 6 Really off it at the moment, despite his goal. He’s had spells like this before though and come through them 

Mendy 7 Did really well when he came on

Iheanacho still managed to be useless with a brainless offside despite only being on for 1 minute 

*we lack a physical presence in midfield. Hope Rodgers addresses it* 

:D He just has no awareness whatsoever!

Fingers crossed Rodgers can get something into his brain, otherwise he'll be joining Beckford in League One.

59 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

:D He just has no awareness whatsoever!

Fingers crossed Rodgers can get something into his brain, otherwise he'll be joining Beckford in League One.

Ive given up on him. He’s just not good enough and doesn’t have the right attitude to make it here. 

1 hour ago, Dickov22 said:

Ive given up on him. He’s just not good enough and doesn’t have the right attitude to make it here. 

I'm afraid I have too. My views on him have been fully aired on here several times now.

I hate slating our players, and I will defend them if the try, care and work hard, but I just can't stand this 'couldn't be arsed' attitude from him. 

Many people on here say he has lost all confidence. So if that is the case why is he anywhere near the first team? And why doesn't he at least TRY? For all his faults and months without scoring, you can never criticize Okazaki for that.

I wonder if his team mates are getting annoyed with him too? A few times recently I've noticed players ignoring him and passing to much worse positioned team mates.

Against Liverpool, a game we were playing well and holding on to a decent result, he ran on and then just stood on the half way line pointing his finger for others to cover, close down and chase. Our players looked knackered, but with the freshest legs I can't think of one time he hassled, closed down or did anything to help the team. 

His control is dire for a P/L footballer, his attitude and body language are all sending out the wrong signals, his work rate (what work rate?) is appalling, his positional sense is non existent and his awareness of team mates is terrible.

I was really pleased when we signed him. Now I just groan when he comes on because it's almost like going to 10 men. 

I'd really love him to prove me wrong, but I don't think he will, and I actually think Simpson would have more effect up front!