Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Tierney

On 07/04/2019 at 08:18, Celtic_daft1888 said:

Probably the same reason why Arsenal never took a gamble on a van Dijk or Wanyama. He’s playing in Scotland and the big 6 have an absolute arrogance when it comes to purchasing players. They’d rather pay £50m for an average premier league player than £30m for an upcoming talent. We won’t sell tierney cheap, don’t think he will leave either but he’s some talent. Best Homegrown talent I’ve ever seen. Only player I can think of who has more talent was Van Dijk, and it’s marginal. 

:blink: but liverpool did?

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Won't happen, not this summer anyway, he won't leave until the summer after next.

If any of our major players leave this season it will be McGregor, Forrest or Rogic.

Why out of interest?

Edited by coolhandfox

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Why out of interest?

He's a diehard fan and already a club legend, the ten in a row thing means a lot to him.  If he keeps developing he'll move onto bigger and better things after that with everyone's best wishes.

The board and Rodgers tried to push him out the door last summer (to finance a rebuild) when Everton bid £25m but he dug his heels in and refused to go despite allegedly potentially quadrupling his current wage.

31 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

He's a diehard fan and already a club legend, the ten in a row thing means a lot to him.  If he keeps developing he'll move onto bigger and better things after that with everyone's best wishes.

The board and Rodgers tried to push him out the door last summer (to finance a rebuild) when Everton bid £25m but he dug his heels in and refused to go despite allegedly potentially quadrupling his current wage.

So your saying if Barcelona or Real Madrid came calling he would turn them down.

He'd been gone quick as a flash

40 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

We're not talking about those clubs are we though, we're talking about Leicester in response to the SSN image that was posted.  Could say the same about Vardy, similarly iconic figure, knocked back Arsenal but would be gone in a flash if either of the club's you mentioned come in for him.

If he knocked back Everton he'll knock back Leicester.

A completely moot point in any case as unless Chilwell goes you won't be shopping for a LB.

I just interested not expecting him to come here, but would be surprised to see him stay at Celtic for 10 if he keeps developing.

To be fair I was surprised Vardy turned down Arsenal at the time.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

I just interested not expecting him to come here, but would be surprised to see him stay at Celtic for 10 if he keeps developing.

To be fair I was surprised Vardy turned down Arsenal at the time.

It's only another 2 years and he'll only be 23 should the 10 happen so will still be young enough to go where he likes afterwards.

The only reason he'd leave before the 10 is if it doesn't happen otherwise I'd put my mortgage on him staying.

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

It's only another 2 years and he'll only be 23 should the 10 happen so will still be young enough to go where he likes afterwards.

The only reason he'd leave before the 10 is if it doesn't happen otherwise I'd put my mortgage on him staying.

Maybe not my mortgage but I have a £20 bet with you? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Anyone who would prefer to play Scottish football than get game time in the EPL is an absolute muggins.

Or the fictional apparition of a deluded football fan on the internet. 

If Rodgers wants him, he'll be here in a blink. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Anyone who would prefer to play Scottish football than get game time in the EPL is an absolute muggins.

Or he could be a level headed young guy and be grounded enough to realise that it's key to go when the time is right and he's 100% ready to make an impact and not jump at the first opportunity (like when Everton tried to get him).  No point in going down and coming up the road a year later, not that that would happen tbh but I think you need to realise football still exists outside the realms of the EPL.

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Or the fictional apparition of a deluded football fan on the internet. 

If Rodgers wants him, he'll be here in a blink. 

lol oh to be willfully ill informed.  When Tierney leaves his sights will be set far higher than Leicester be sure of that!

21 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

lol oh to be willfully ill informed.  When Tierney leaves his sights will be set far higher than Leicester be sure of that!

I'll confess to deliberately fishing there, was clearly on the wind up. 

But equally, you're clearly enormously biased and a little defensive and it doesn't take a lot of scratching the surface to get to the "we're massive, our players won't go to little Leicester" underneath. 

We'll see. I highly doubt some Manx kid not even born in Scotland let alone Glasgow is going to turn down repeat offers from solid Premier League clubs if Celtic are happy to cash in, just because he wants "ten in a row."

Rodgers was and is a lifelong Celtic fan chasing the "treble treble" or whatever it was and he still left for "little" Leicester because he recognised the opportunity reflected in the project here. Your boy likely will to. 

We may not even be interested, let's be honest, it's possible Chilwell is staying, it's possible we've got other targets lined up, it's possible the link to Tierney is just lazy reporting because of who our manager is. 

Who knows? 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Do you actually believe that Celtic is a more lucrative club than Leicester?

This is no disrespect but huddersfield has more attraction that Celtic and they have just been relegated to the championship.

We can offer players to play in the best league in the world instead of the 78th best league in the world.

We can offer more money which unfortunately is all that matters in the modern game. Also players who play for Leicester get recognised a million times more than a player that plays for Celtic.

Edited by Fox85

32 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'll confess to deliberately fishing there, was clearly on the wind up. 

But equally, you're clearly enormously biased and a little defensive and it doesn't take a lot of scratching the surface to get to the "we're massive, our players won't go to little Leicester" underneath. 

We'll see. I highly doubt some Manx kid not even born in Scotland let alone Glasgow is going to turn down repeat offers from solid Premier League clubs if Celtic are happy to cash in, just because he wants "ten in a row."

Rodgers was and is a lifelong Celtic fan chasing the "treble treble" or whatever it was and he still left for "little" Leicester because he recognised the opportunity reflected in the project here. Your boy likely will to. 

We may not even be interested, let's be honest, it's possible Chilwell is staying, it's possible we've got other targets lined up, it's possible the link to Tierney is just lazy reporting because of who our manager is. 

Who knows? 

If you look at all my previous posts on here I think nothing of the sort with regards Leicester, in fact I've argued the whole my club is bigger than yours argument is pointless and a misnomer.  I've also been quite forthcoming in that I completely understand why Rodgers left us for Leicester and it really wasn't a surprise, the only surprising factor was the timing.  If I had any axe to grind or harboured any bitterness I wouldn't be actively posting on this forum so much.

I think your slightly paranoid as my reasoning behind not leaving for Leicester isn't any slight on Leicester as a club, I'm talking from an in informed perspective on Tierney, based on what I know, what I've seen, what the player says, how he acts, offers he's declined and clubs allegedly interested in him. I really don't see him leaving Celtic for Leicester, not in the next couple of years anyway.

I'll use the Vardy example again, it's like me standing here saying Vardy will be off if Spurs come in for him or someone like that, you would all argue vociferously against that happening and rightly so as your better informed.  Just because Kante left doesn't mean Vardy would, same way Rodgers leaving doesn't mean Tierney would.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 4