Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Tierney

He's a cracking player. Could easily be better than Robertson. 21 years old, Plenty of European experience, captained club and country and in comparison to Chilwell... Probably edges it. His end product is superior for sure. 

No point in having him AND Chilwell though so would pass as it is but if the opportunity came up to sell Chilly and replace him with KT for half the price, we would be mad not to. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He's better than Chilwell currently, whether that changes in future i'm not sure. Tierney's end product is good.

Agree. I've only seen two games worth of Chilwell and have this lingering feeling that i'm not sure what all the hype's about. Two games is unfair though and prefer to give Rodgers some time with him.

Looks like it will get sorted this summer. If we could clone Pereira.........Touch of class.

2 hours ago, foxes21 said:

Could we get away with 3 fullbacks next season, particularly if we don’t get into Europe?

Pereira, Chilwell, Tierney.

Pereira can definitely play both RB/LB and Tierney has played at RB for Scotland 

He HAS played there, he's also played CB for Scotland but it's quite obvious he's neither a CB or a RB. It's more a case of us (Scotland) trying to shoe horn him and Robertson into the same team. (Apparently, playing Tierney at CB/RB is a more obvious choice than playing Robertson LM with Tierney behind him)

2 hours ago, SO1 said:

Agree. I've only seen two games worth of Chilwell and have this lingering feeling that i'm not sure what all the hype's about. Two games is unfair though and prefer to give Rodgers some time with him.

Looks like it will get sorted this summer. If we could clone Pereira.........Touch of class.

Chilwell has performed below par for Rodgers so far but he's an amazing athlete that any manager would love to have.

I've seen him work tirelessly all game and in the 90th minute when we were a goal up and down to ten men he's sprinting down the pitch with the ball at his feet taking time out the game. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Chilwell has performed below par for Rodgers so far but he's an amazing athlete that any manager would love to have.

I've seen him work tirelessly all game and in the 90th minute when we were a goal up and down to ten men he's sprinting down the pitch with the ball at his feet taking time out the game. 

That's what I wanted to hear. Saw what you described in a youtube clip. I didn't want to be too critical as I heard he had just come off an injury. No way Rodgers goes after Tierney unless he leaves.

Looking forward to seeing some of the youth players get a opportunity.  

Just been reading about Tierney on the Celtic blog 'Kerrydale St.' It looks as if he still hasn't recovered from his hip issue. Lots of comments about him not running comfortably. He needs to shut it down now and heal properly

or he's not going to have a career left. Left and right back are the most brutal positions on the pitch. I wish him well. He gives everything.

On 13/03/2019 at 14:53, turtmcfly said:

Hmmm. I'm not so sure I'm keen on all the goaly-assisty stuff;

My grandad scored 228 goals and got 435 assists in that pathetic league :ph34r:

Edited by Beechey

2 hours ago, Beechey said:

My grandad scored 228 goals and got 435 assists in that pathetic league :ph34r:

You edited that. Given the words were surely a cut and paste job... come on, how did you **** the emoji up?

2 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

You edited that. Given the words were surely a cut and paste job... come on, how did you **** the emoji up?

Stop! I had to add the emoji! You happy now I'm humiliated?!

Edited by Beechey