Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Tierney

4 hours ago, les-tah said:

Plot twist... Why are Man city not after Tierney?

Probably because 1 has performed in the SPL and the other in the EPL.  Man City might as well sign young and up an coming FB from the National League.  Similar performance scenario may be?

On 13/03/2019 at 13:14, Ric Flair said:

He's better than Chilwell currently, whether that changes in future i'm not sure. Tierney's end product is good.

Tierney 's end product only has to be against teams like the Black Bull or the Tavern in the Town, Chilwell 's has had to perform against teams like Han City and Liverpool. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/03/2019 at 15:46, les-tah said:

Plot twist... Why are Man city not after Tierney?

Probably the same reason why Arsenal never took a gamble on a van Dijk or Wanyama. He’s playing in Scotland and the big 6 have an absolute arrogance when it comes to purchasing players. They’d rather pay £50m for an average premier league player than £30m for an upcoming talent. We won’t sell tierney cheap, don’t think he will leave either but he’s some talent. Best Homegrown talent I’ve ever seen. Only player I can think of who has more talent was Van Dijk, and it’s marginal. 

• Like 2

I doubt Chilwell will leave as these are very exciting times at Leicester City. We've a very young team who will continue to improve and we are going places.

Why would he want to leave unless it was for Real or Barca on a mega contract. Then that might be something he'd have to consider.

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Not a chance we will let 2 key players leave in one year. If anyone goes it’ll be either Big H or Chilly, n that will be it until next summer. 

agreed. if we keep the side we have now, maybe replace ghazal and get a back up to Vardy, id be delighted.

• Like 1

There's no chance Tierney will leave us before the 10 in a row thing is done one way or the other, nor would the board get away with sanctioning it.  There was uproar last year from the fans when it was alleged Rodgers and the board were trying to convince him to go to Everton for £30m.

I've obviously seen loads of Tierney and have seen a fair bit of Chilwell as well and I don't think there is much to separate them, if anything I'd say Tierney is a bit better defensively and I'm not basing that on the SPFL fare he comes up against more his performances against guys like Sterling, Robben, etc in Europe where he has been consistently excellent and more than once named in the Champions league team of the week.  He really is a tremendous talent and the only one I've seen that has looked better than him up here has been Virgil Van Dijk and even then there's not a lot in it.

No offence but if he keeps developing as he has when he does leave I reckon it will be for a club in the top reaches of one of Europe's big leagues, Juventus for example are rumoured to have a long standing interest in him.

3 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

There's no chance Tierney will leave us before the 10 in a row thing is done one way or the other, nor would the board get away with sanctioning it.  There was uproar last year from the fans when it was alleged Rodgers and the board were trying to convince him to go to Everton for £30m.

I've obviously seen loads of Tierney and have seen a fair bit of Chilwell as well and I don't think there is much to separate them, if anything I'd say Tierney is a bit better defensively and I'm not basing that on the SPFL fare he comes up against more his performances against guys like Sterling, Robben, etc in Europe where he has been consistently excellent and more than once named in the Champions league team of the week.  He really is a tremendous talent and the only one I've seen that has looked better than him up here has been Virgil Van Dijk and even then there's not a lot in it.

No offence but if he keeps developing as he has when he does leave I reckon it will be for a club in the top reaches of one of Europe's big leagues, Juventus for example are rumoured to have a long standing interest in him.

I think we’d only buy Tierney if someone offered us silly money for Chilwell, and by silly money I’m thinking 80million+ as we have no reason to sell. Then we would look at bidding 40million+ for Tierney and just go all out for him. 

Even if tierney is better I think we’d sooner stick with Chilwell just because he’s one of our own and all that.

3 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

I think we’d only buy Tierney if someone offered us silly money for Chilwell, and by silly money I’m thinking 80million+ as we have no reason to sell. Then we would look at bidding 40million+ for Tierney and just go all out for him. 

Even if tierney is better I think we’d sooner stick with Chilwell just because he’s one of our own and all that.

I'd never want to lose Tierney for the same reasons you mention about not wanting to lose Chilwell but to get £80m for Chilwell and replace him with Tierney for £40m would be a terrific piece of business.

All that said I'd like to see Leicester keep the promising young players they have for a few seasons anyway as will be interesting to see how far they could go.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Chilwell is different gravy to Tierney. 

He's not really, I've watched lots of both, I'd wager you've hardly seen Tierney.  Chilwell is a fantastic talent however Tierney is also and it's hard to split them, if and when Tierney moves on that will become obvious.

22 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

There's no chance Tierney will leave us before the 10 in a row thing is done one way or the other

To be fair, we heard the same before Rodgers left. Players don't tend to turn down huge pay rises and pitting themselves against better players. No disrespect, the same goes for our players if Man City etc come sniffing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

To be fair, we heard the same before Rodgers left. Players don't tend to turn down huge pay rises and pitting themselves against better players. No disrespect, the same goes for our players if Man City etc come sniffing. 

I get your point but he is a slightly different case in that he's a massive fan of the club, genuinely, a lot of it in hindsight with Rodgers was spin to endear himself initially, I think his family were bigger and more genuine fans than he was.

Also the fact the club accepted £30m for him in the summer and Rodgers and the board tried to convince him to go and he dug his heels in and wouldn't leave despite being offered £100k a week to do so, that was a £75k per week increase on what he is on just now.

Edited by henrik_62

2 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

He's not really, I've watched lots of both, I'd wager you've hardly seen Tierney.  Chilwell is a fantastic talent however Tierney is also and it's hard to split them, if and when Tierney moves on that will become obvious.

I’ve watched an awful lot of Celtic, both domestically and in Europe. Chilwell is miles better and until Tierney moves to a better league and proves himself, it’s tricky to compare the two. 

Edited by TJB-fox

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SO1

Just read that he's having a Double Hernia operation at the end of the season. Damn that must hurt. And he's been playing through that. Talk about commitment.

Hope he heals up properly and is back to his normal high energy self in time for Champions League Group Stages in the autumn. :scarf: