Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

England fighting back. SA batting isn't anything special. 270 is a competitive score. Yes, we should've got minimum 350, but these sides have decent bowling attacks. The media a bit harsh too soon on England. Both sides need to bat before judging.

1 minute ago, STEVIE B said:

England fighting back. SA batting isn't anything special. 270 is a competitive score. Yes, we should've got minimum 350, but these sides have decent bowling attacks. The media a bit harsh too soon on England. Both sides need to bat before judging.

Average first innings score on this pitch is 268 (if I heard correctly yesterday) so you've done pretty much as expected. Apart from Pope and Stokes everyone else should have done better. I think you'll skittle SA out for about 200, ot at least should restrict them to that.

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Average first innings score on this pitch is 268 (if I heard correctly yesterday) so you've done pretty much as expected. Apart from Pope and Stokes everyone else should have done better. I think you'll skittle SA out for about 200, ot at least should restrict them to that.

Yes, would take 200. I think 1st day average score is 268-8. So we're not doing as bad as some making out. These 2 sides are in transition. It's not going to be a run-fest this series. I would be surprised if any of the games go into a 5th day considering the bowling attacks on show.

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Stokes is fantastic at slip isn't he?!

Brilliant catch diving to his right. Similar to earlier but was able to hold on to this one to get Van Der Dussen out. 

He is similar to Botham. Always in the game. New ball is crucial. Any lead will be good here. As l said earlier SA batting isn't any better than ours.

Strong first session for England there. Finish the innings off quick and not a bad total to get before Lunch. 

Gonna be tough in overcast conditions by looks of it to get a strong lead. Will be difficult! Need Root and Stokes to stick around if/when they come in today. I think a lead of 275 will be enough too on this wicket.

• Like 1

Great day for England. Piled on the runs at a steady rate without the loss of many wickets. Paves the way for Stokes and Buttler to do what they want with little amount of caution. Can't imagine they'll hold back too much. Already a lead of 264 so only need another 50-75 runs realistically.

Hopefully Sibley gets his ton. Batted well so far this innings.

• Like 2