Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Playing at balls that should be left well alone and leaving balls that should be hit, absolutely pathetic display.

Good catch - but Pope’s shot was like a Sunday afternoon 3rd XI player. Bairstow must wonder how he got binned to make room there 

6 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I went to bed at lunch having seen Root's appalling dismissal. Denly and Stokes looked in the right mindset to give survival a good go but I knew that we'd lose that game. All too predictable. Archer's bowling on day 3 was some of the worst I've ever seen. 

Archer needs to get his head on if he's going to be a success - he got about 3/4 bollockings for laziness in the field during the test.

England go into the second Test in Hamilton with an awkward but entirely preventable complication. Days after being on the receiving end of an innings defeat to the number two ranked side in the world, England are likely to field a 21-year-old batsman with a first-class average of 31.27 and a 21-year-old wicketkeeper without a professional stumping to his name who has donned the gloves just five times in his first-class career.

https://www.wisden.com/series-stories/new-zealand-v-england/injured-jos-buttler-doubtful-second-test-ollie-pope-keep-wickets

Cracking.

13 hours ago, Corky said:

Why have they seemingly given up on Foakes?

Because they seem to have the belief that his batting isn't good enough, and that a keeper being a batsman is more important than him being a keeper. I don't get it. He's no mug with a stick in his hand, is the best keeper in the country and he plays for a fashionable county. What more do they want?

8 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Because they seem to have the belief that his batting isn't good enough, and that a keeper being a batsman is more important than him being a keeper. I don't get it. He's no mug with a stick in his hand, is the best keeper in the country and he plays for a fashionable county. What more do they want?

I think he needs to be “anointed” by Capt Root who seems to hold huge sway over selection 

9 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

It's quite odd that a Surrey player isn't selected and even more so in this case, play your best wicketkeeper, we managed ok with Stewart and Jack Russell together, Foakes and Buttler should both play.

52 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Thank christ Paine has pulled the plug. Would have been a stain on the game if Warner passed Lara.

Why did he though? Not like Warner was going at a snails pace and its only day 2.

Is there a bad weather forecast or something?

24 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Why did he though? Not like Warner was going at a snails pace and its only day 2.

Is there a bad weather forecast or something?

I'm wondering that my own self.

Warner needed 65 more runs, you'd have to say he'd be good to get them within 20-25 overs (if that) if he was going to do so. That still leaves 15-20 overs on Day 2 plus all of days 3,4 and 5 (barring inclement weather) to get a result. That would surely be plenty of time.

Root gets out cheaply and there's 10 posts saying how shit he is, scores a double century and no one even mentions it lol Shame its not likely to be enough to force a victory unless New Zealand collapse in the morning but good to see him get some much needed runs for his own confidence.

36 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Root gets out cheaply and there's 10 posts saying how shit he is, scores a double century and no one even mentions it lol Shame its not likely to be enough to force a victory unless New Zealand collapse in the morning but good to see him get some much needed runs for his own confidence.

Was a fine innings - problem is we are going to lose the series. We need to work out what we are trying to do with the team.

No spinner looks ridiculous as well when you see how weak the pace attack is - I think they've given up on Leach already.