Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

5 minutes ago, MattP said:

That's the worst drop I've ever seen at this level. 

No fight, no keeper, no spinner. What an absolute shambles.

Haven't seen it, but it sounds like an absolute shocker. 

Read Leach was hospitalised with gastroenteritis, but doesn't explain why we had no cover 

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Haven't seen it, but it sounds like an absolute shocker. 

Read Leach was hospitalised with gastroenteritis, but doesn't explain why we had no cover 

Well that tour was pretty worrying. Aside from Sri Lanka I don't think we we capable of taking 20 wickets away.

Huge concern just how poor Archer, Curran and Leach were.

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

We haven't had a world class spinner since Swann, and honestly it really shows in the results abroad since he retired.

But where's the incentive to produce spinners in this country now? The ECB docked Somerset points for producing a turning wicket in a bid to win the Championship this season. Counties must think "what's the point"?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MattP said:

Well that tour was pretty worrying. Aside from Sri Lanka I don't think we we capable of taking 20 wickets away.

Huge concern just how poor Archer, Curran and Leach were.

What's wrong with Archer, he seemed totally disinterested for the entire series. He was averaging around 130kph, the same speed as Curran. They should've just let him sit this test series out and kept him fresh for SA. 

10 minutes ago, sm1 said:

What's wrong with Archer, he seemed totally disinterested for the entire series. He was averaging around 130kph, the same speed as Curran. They should've just let him sit this test series out and kept him fresh for SA. 

Was already moaning about bowling with the kookaburra ball before we got there and didn't seem to even be trying to bowl quickly at times.

Sorry to tell you Jofra but that's it when you step outside England, you've got to learn to use it.

Getting fed up with the tactic of constantly asking the ball to be looked at when we can't take a wicket. How many times do the umpires have to comfortably fit the ball through the object to know there's nothing wrong?

Desperate stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corky said:

Getting fed up with the tactic of constantly asking the ball to be looked at when we can't take a wicket. How many times do the umpires have to comfortably fit the ball through the object to know there's nothing wrong?

Desperate stuff.

And it also gives the oppo the upper hand if they know we're constantly resorting to that.

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

But where's the incentive to produce spinners in this country now? The ECB docked Somerset points for producing a turning wicket in a bid to win the Championship this season. Counties must think "what's the point"?

Yep. It's all a bit paradoxical, really - you need a world-class spinner to be a world-class Test team and yet the ECB are getting in their own way.

Shocked..!!!   One of my Heroes + legends...

At my age One expects Now the passing of famous well known Sports man & women...

This One... Left a Red-cricket-ball- lump in my throat....

belonged to the best group of Sporting pundits one of the best Sports panelists of our time....

One  I believe many of is will say... "He will be missed"  Not Being on Cricket TV..!!

RIP...The goose.......Bob Dylan Willis