Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

I really shouldn’t let it get to me, but I hate these big numbers on the back of test jerseys.

They don’t make any sense and looking at a huge ‘58’ on Curran’s back as he steams in is just a distraction.

Names on them is bad enough but stupid numbers can get right in the bin for me.

And when they wear jumpers you can’t see the numbers anyway. What’s the point?

Edited by Izzy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

I really shouldn’t let it get to me, but I hate these big numbers on the back of test jerseys.

They don’t make any sense and looking at a huge ‘58’ on Curran’s back as he steams in is just a distraction.

Names on them is bad enough but stupid numbers can get right in the bin for me.

And when they wear jumpers you can’t see the numbers anyway. What’s the point?

Why does it bug you? It doesn't make any difference to how a player plays or the performance?

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Why does it bug you? It doesn't make any difference to how a player plays or the performance?

I just think it's unnecessary and cheapens test cricket. Although it doesn't make any difference to how they play, I don't think it enhances test cricket either.

I'm a traditionalist when it comes to test cricket and I don't mind them fvcking about with the one day game and T20 but wish they'd just leave test cricket alone.

And if you insist on numbers on backs of shirts, why not 1-11 in batting order? What's with all this Root 66 and Stokes 55 nonsense? The numbers are made up bollux and THEY'RE SO FVCKIN BIG they're an eye sore.

I mean I get the number on the front showing their place on the list of appearances, so why not just leave it at that? 

Just my opinion. Rant over. As you were...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

I find it pretty horrible as well. The whites are special, smacking huge number on the back doesn't really feel in keeping with Test Cricket.

More dumbing down to be honest, cricket fans could usually work out who was who, now people just don't have the attention span for that.

7 hours ago, Izzy said:

I just think it's unnecessary and cheapens test cricket. Although it doesn't make any difference to how they play, I don't think it enhances test cricket either.

I'm a traditionalist when it comes to test cricket and I don't mind them fvcking about with the one day game and T20 but wish they'd just leave test cricket alone.

And if you insist on numbers on backs of shirts, why not 1-11 in batting order? What's with all this Root 66 and Stokes 55 nonsense? The numbers are made up bollux and THEY'RE SO FVCKIN BIG they're an eye sore.

I mean I get the number on the front showing their place on the list of appearances, so why not just leave it at that? 

You don't say...:D

• Haha 1

Hours of battling from South Africa yesterday undone in a few overs this morning.  Now they have to start battling again.  If rain wasn't forecast they'd have little chance of saving the Test but as the next two days will probably be rain affected that should give them hope.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lionator said:

England are better but South Africa really are dreadful. Would be a tougher series against Bangladesh currently.

They are really poor, must be the worst team they have produced for half a century.

Will be even worse next test as well as with Rabada banned if Ngidi is still injured they'll have to bring in a black batsman/white bowler and will probably have to drop Van Der Dussan instead of Zubyr Hamza.

23 minutes ago, MattP said:

They are really poor, must be the worst team they have produced for half a century.

Will be even worse next test as well as with Rabada banned if Ngidi is still injured they'll have to bring in a black batsman/white bowler and will probably have to drop Van Der Dussan instead of Zubyr Hamza.

Root getting 4 wickets is embarrassing. I think he’d even struggle for that against Leicestershire. 

It’s encouraging for us though, Silverwood is a great coach and there will be a huge improvement over time in this team, especially now some of the young talent is getting a chance. 

On 18/01/2020 at 18:12, Izzy said:

I agree..ist just One of those things,thats wrong But you cant explain..

like People going out for that special night,wearing jeans und then taking the Girl into a restaurant,and Keeping the fking Baseball cap on through the whole meal...

it just proves to me the Aliens have landed..and wander through our society....but Real humans,Don t Care anymore..

Because their leaders, Marketting leaders,Management  & Business consultants have brainwashed them,supported by IT- consultants.

.Any trace of .Normal life und traditional ways has dissapeared and lost forever lost..David Vincent knew..!!!

:unsure:

• Like 1

Difficult choice for the team in the final test, as it seems Archer will be fit. My choice would be for an unchanged team. If Archer returns who does he replace? It would have to be one of a) Wood - who had a really good performance on his return b) Bess - He has shown he can hold up an end (and take wickets); playing without a regular spinner rarely works or c) Curran - weakening the batting, probably leaving too many players capable of geting a decent score? I would leave Archer out, not having played any cricket for many weeks, and expensive in first test - the one we lost.

On 19/01/2020 at 21:50, MattP said:

Ridiculous rule, should just be able to play their best team, probably getting into something I don’t really want to here I guess.

5 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Ridiculous rule, should just be able to play their best team, probably getting into something I don’t really want to here I guess.

This regime appears to be trying to ignore it abit.

Zubyr can be dropped though as they are currently ok for "non whites" quota - but there is a separate quota for blacks so Bavuma will come in for him.

No wonder half the decent players on the fringes are jacking it all in for a Kolpak contract instead.

Sky did a good piece with Ntini and he's against the system as well, it seems to be politicians rather than cricketers forcing it upon them.