Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

1 minute ago, EastAnglianFox said:

How on earth were we made favourites for this tournament?

We can play one way and one way only it seems

When we're good we're brilliant but when we're bad we're fvckin awful.

I fear we're just not consistent enough. My money is on Australia (even though they're nothing special they always seem to find a way to win) 

2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

How on earth were we made favourites for this tournament?

We can play one way and one way only it seems

Because we’ve been fantastic in white ball cricket for the last year/2 years? And we’re playing in our own conditions. One (probable) defeat doesn’t change that.

12 minutes ago, Goober said:

Because we’ve been fantastic in white ball cricket for the last year/2 years? And we’re playing in our own conditions. One (probable) defeat doesn’t change that.

This will be 2 defeats and 3 games left against the top three to play . This doesn’t look like a side capable of winning the tournament 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Maybe in terms of raw power and natural ability we would be champions elect, but unfortunately in terms of combined brain cells we must have the lowest

Sounds like LCFC :D

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, surrifox said:

This will be 2 defeats and 3 games left against the top three to play . This doesn’t look like a side capable of winning the tournament 

Where was this chat before the world cup started then? We were favourites coming into the tournament and rightly so.

Guest MattP

Ali and Archer need shooting for those shots, why would you do it with Stokes at the other end??

We are still a team that isn't great on a slows pitch and you can guarantee that's what we'll get when the I (ndian) CC set those pitches for the SF.

As an aside though how fantastic to see a great low scoring game on a slow pitch, need more of them.

3 minutes ago, Goober said:

Where was this chat before the world cup started then? We were favourites coming into the tournament and rightly so.

Because that was 6 games ago when all we'd done is slap sides about on ECB roads.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Our fabled batting side done up like kippers by Malinga 

Malinga a has been below par in the last few season....England just don't know what to do...

funny thing is...these 2 losses,might spur i us on Against the 3 top sides.....

Sri Lanka this year,have had their final....!!!

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Pathetic really, doubt we will make the semi finals with what games are left... should be thrashing these, two poor defeats. 

Australia is absolutely must-win.

Bangladesh will win on Monday and we need to make sure we don't fold under that pressure.

1 minute ago, Goober said:

We’ve been favourites before and it’s all gone wrong . I hope I’m wrong but the total lack of application (Root and Stokes excepted) in this batting performance reminded me of past England sides going into World Cups as highly fancied only to fall short. India looked like favourites before the tournament started and IMHO remain so