Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Cricket 2019

35 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Always an advantage batting second as you know what you need to get but as you say if the opposition go big scoreboard pressure can make teams crumble, batting under lights is not the problem it used to be as the lights generally are amazing nowadays plus it doesn’t get properly dark until after the game finishes.

I was partly influenced by hearing Nico's comments in light of some Leicestershire cricket. He was mainly talking about the longer format of the game though and I do agree, LCCC have had a bit of rotten luck in terms of when they've had to bat at times this season.

10 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

I was partly influenced by hearing Nico's comments in light of some Leicestershire cricket. He was mainly talking about the longer format of the game though and I do agree, LCCC have had a bit of rotten luck in terms of when they've had to bat at times this season.

Definitely been on the wrong end of the weather, the 2 games against Middlesex being good examples 

5 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Definitely been on the wrong end of the weather, the 2 games against Middlesex being good examples 

Do you go to Grace Road?

I'm needing to spend some time in Leicester soon for work and was wondering about manipulating the dates a bit to get a bit of county cricket in.

Any advice? 

6 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Do you go to Grace Road?

I'm needing to spend some time in Leicester soon for work and was wondering about manipulating the dates a bit to get a bit of county cricket in.

Any advice? 

Only 1 home championship game now before September! That’s Durham in a couple of weeks unfortunately I’m away for that, then it’s T20

56 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Do you go to Grace Road?

Any advice? 

I'd opt for the 20/20. I'm going to a few games at lords. Have been doing it for a few years. Great evening out - drinking cans in the sun (or rain)

Edited by Chiltern Fox

5 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

This is everything that is wrong with the sport of cricket, hoping for weather to affect the results so your team can benefit...

Anyway, sorry to disappoint but the weather is looking favourable for the next week or so.

I imagine if a semi or the final was rained off it would just get moved until they can play?

I was being both facetious and sarcastic...Plus maybe others things....

WHoever wins....will have deserved it!!  All sorry in that Top 6 have their own hard stories,of how they bad to Rebuild and develope.

Maybe only  India & England have had 90% of their present BBone of their players..

Only Englands Major players have Not delivered,when it mattered,   against the maybes potential of others Teams who have turned up!!!!

And..ist eben frustrating to see...Bit

1). We have missed Roy,und how poor Vince has performed. Ridiculous !! 2) the Revered English tail,including Butler havent yet lived up to their hype.

3) this includes Moen Ali,who has Not Held his bat!!

All our get out clauses, have so far in those Close games,und against the Aussies,failed.......Even yesterday with some decent disciplined batting we could of

won  got over the line....But yesterday...a certain MR Starc delivered the Dream yorker..!!!

No I Dont the Weather to decide,I am still hoping,that we can turn ground our luck,and the no1 Team can Show the World they are still no1..!!!

win the Next 4 games....2 qualifyers...The semifinal..the final.!!...  The Most important games in their sporting lives...

The question is do they themselves realise it..!!!

I believe 2 changes do it..!!!  Roy..Plunkett.    Any extra spin,we have Root..!!

1 minute ago, fuchsntf said:

I was being both facetious and sarcastic...Plus maybe others things....

WHoever wins....will have deserved it!!  All sorry in that Top 6 have their own hard stories,of how they bad to Rebuild and develope.

Maybe only  India & England have had 90% of their present BBone of their players..

Only Englands Major players have Not delivered,when it mattered,   against the maybes potential of others Teams who have turned up!!!!

And..ist eben frustrating to see...Bit

1). We have missed Roy,und how poor Vince has performed. Ridiculous !! 2) the Revered English tail,including Butler havent yet lived up to their hype.

3) this includes Moen Ali,who has Not Held his bat!!

All our get out clauses, have so far in those Close games,und against the Aussies,failed.......Even yesterday with some decent disciplined batting we could of

won  got over the line....But yesterday...a certain MR Starc delivered the Dream yorker..!!!

No I Dont the Weather to decide,I am still hoping,that we can turn ground our luck,and the no1 Team can Show the World they are still no1..!!!

win the Next 4 games....2 qualifyers...The semifinal..the final.!!...  The Most important games in their sporting lives...

The question is do they themselves realise it..!!!

I believe 2 changes do it..!!!  Roy..Plunkett.    Any extra spin,we have Root..!!

random thoughts :thumbup:

Denly would have been a much better selection than Vince  (but then so would I) . In todays match NZ have shown all the fighting  qualities I would like to see from England although ( somewhat unfairly)  I associate all NZ international sporting teams as being  of  joyless, miserable demeanour  and sucking every shred of enjoyment out of contests. ( Gutted that the W Indies fell short against them the other day)

Very good total from NZ considering the position they were in (80 for 5?).

Fancy them to defend it as well given their attack of Boult and Ferguson. 

Pakistan might feel a bit low on the other hand as they were in such a strong position. 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Very good total from NZ considering the position they were in (80 for 5?).

Fancy them to defend it as well given their attack of Boult and Ferguson. 

Pakistan might feel a bit low on the other hand as they were in such a strong position. 

Agree, teams have struggled to chase any total recently 237 gives them a real chance.

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

State of the pitch at the start, weather conditions later on in the game or days if test match, how the pitch might change over course of the day(s), whether your team is stronger setting target or chasing depending on players in team... 

I think the captain or coach also said we prefer chasing and are willing to chase any total.