Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

5 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

FFP wasn't bought in to stop big clubs. It was bought in to stop small clubs getting very rich owners and threatening big clubs.

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

FFP was never bought in to level the playing field - it was bought in to keep the rich, rich and the poor stay poor.

You look into the rules and it’s soon apparent why, but by calling it ‘financial FAIR PLAY’ it sounds as if it should be a leveller rather than a margin. 

Edit - beaten to it above

Guess I was too optimistic at the world of football trying to level the playing field

20 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

I can in another thread if you want to start one and under the condition I wont be labeled as racist.  I have stopped this discussion elsewhere as there is people out there who think if you dont support the movement then it must mean you are (a) racist and (b) dont believe racism exists.

Apologies for being slow to reply, I have a posting restriction and had met my quota for the day. I don’t recall calling you racist? Anyhoo I’ll maybe take a look in another thread. 

PS @Mark could you please see fit to lifting my restrictions? I have very little life at the best of times but during lockdown I’m even more pathetic and FoxesTalk is a fun outlet. I can’t really see why I have a restriction in the first place? If you could lift my ban that would be great. Sorry for asking in a post but I’ve messaged you three times without reply. X 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

FFP wasn't bought in to stop big clubs. It was bought in to stop small clubs getting very rich owners and threatening big clubs.

Is sadly the correct answer.

Clubs like Bayern, Real Madrid and Barcelona actively sought to seek changes to stop clubs like Chelsea, Man City and PSG from taking over their dominant positions in their respective leagues.

• Like 1

In case anyone missed it Man U beat Bournemouth 5-2 

If you did Sky Sports News are doing an ongoing round the clock rerun of the goals interspersed by adverts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, davieG said:

In case anyone missed it Man U beat Bournemouth 5-2 

If you did Sky Sports News are doing an ongoing round the clock rerun of the goals interspersed by adverts.

Have they edited out Maguire getting destroyed? 

I really feel like Bournemouth were a little hard done by, VAR questionably never showed the lines for two of Man Utds offsides only for BT to show one of them clearly was offside. Also the handball for the penalty was questionable but then again so was Bournemouths. It's a perfect example of a game where VAR was used poorly. 

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Since it meant Leicester, Sheff Utd or Wolves possibly getting extra points.

Just now, foxfanazer said:

An attacker does that and then puts it in the net its disallowed. The rule is a joke

Swung wildly for the ball and its smacked his arm in an unnatural position, I don't understand this damn rule 

Guest An Sionnach
11 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Chelsea are bringing in Ziyech and Werner minimum next season too, so will likely be uncatchable too.

We should be looking at getting Loftus-Cheek as he will be slipping down the pecking order.

42 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Would've loved Sky to have had a Leicester pundit on for the game yesterday, rather than having a Leicester connection for Villa vs Liverpool. 

Simply an observation, but since football returned has anybody seen a match where there hasn't been a BAME pundit?

Also, I didn't recognise the co-commentator yesterday and heard at HT it was Efan Ekoku. Now I don't recall ever hearing him on do commentary/punditry for Sky, but even if he has what connection does he have to either team? Or is it only Liverpool and Man Utd that get fans on co-commentary?

Atleast Jamie Redknapp is involved in a variety of matches and clearly has an understanding of all teams, he's good to listen to. You know there's a top 6 clash when Sky drag out Neville/Carragher/Souness/Roy Keane (who is an absolutely pathetic pundit, his rant at Maguire/De Gea the other week was embarrasing). I doubt those four (maybe discluding Carragher) could even name all 20 PL clubs.

Edited by Walkers
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Simply an observation, but since football returned has anybody seen a match where there hasn't been a BAME pundit?

Also, I didn't recognise the co-commentator yesterday and heard at HT it was Efan Ekoku. Now I don't recall ever hearing him on do commentary/punditry for Sky, but even if he has what relevance does he have to either team? Or is it only Liverpool and Man Utd that get fans on co-commentary?

Atleast Jamie Redknapp is involved in a variety of matches and clearly has an understanding of all teams, he's good to listen to. You know there's a top 6 clash when Sky drag out Neville/Carragher/Souness/Roy Keane (who is an absolutely pathetic pundit, his rant at Maguire/De Gea the other week was embarrasing). I doubt those four (maybe discluding Carragher) could even name all 20 PL clubs.

Ekoku did a reasonable job.  The punditry did get a bit silly when we were told did not how good Perreira was until he got injured.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Since it had to be deliberate 

So the penalty vs Everton was Wilf deliberately handling and not his arm getting caught on Keane? 

4 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Also, I didn't recognise the co-commentator yesterday and heard at HT it was Efan Ekoku. Now I don't recall ever hearing him on do commentary/punditry for Sky, but even if he has what relevance does he have to either team? Or is it only Liverpool and Man Utd that get fans on co-commentary?

I agree with what you're suggesting, minus your point on Redknapp who I genuinely don't think is capable of adding an intelligent word. 

Wasn't a fan of the guy on co-comms, thought a lot of what they added was fairly pointless. 

3 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Dunno.

is it only Liverpool and Man Utd that get fans on co-commentary?

I think you've answered your own question.

5 minutes ago, Walkers said:

I doubt those four (maybe discluding Carragher) could even name all 20 PL clubs.

I like the neologism 'discluding'. 

He has done a few of our games on sky (not the live ones ) and he’s a decent co- commentator 

fwiw, I don’t believe that co comms should have a foot in either camp - it was embarrassing to hear carragher pleading for decisions in Everton’s favour on Wednesday!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

He has done a few of our games on sky (not the live ones ) and he’s a decent co- commentator 

fwiw, I don’t believe that co comms should have a foot in either camp - it was embarrassing to hear carragher pleading for decisions in Everton’s favour on Wednesday!

Oh yeah I didn't have a problem listening to him, didn't Sky sort of promote yesterdays triple header as the Race for the Champions League? Thought they could do better than him..