Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

Guest bennytwohats

It's hard not to feel frustrated at the dropped points against the likes of Watford given how easily others seem to be dispatching them right now. Still in our hands, but we need to win some tough games to get top 4, and we could have left ourselves with a lot more wiggle room than we have now.

Still, all in all it's been a really good day for us.

23 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Can you imagine big nige rifling through the Watford shop for some gear and finds that gilet, trys it on and admiring himself in the mirror 😂 

Never thought he'd be a gilet man in all honesty

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Bruno Fernandes gets better by the week, he's one player and he's completely transformed them.

He has been brilliant for that side and really pulled them all together.

But, I find all the almost the 'surprise' of Man United playing well from some pundits fairly odd.

Edited by UniFox21

1 hour ago, irishfoxkev said:

Wtf Watfords  Danny Welbeck laughing and smiling as he embraces Chelsea’s  Olivier Giiroud at end of match......

hmmmm maybe it’s something players do when they meet their friends 

Welbeck to Chelsea confirmed 

• Haha 2

Our owners are winners when it has come to business and they’ve brought that mentality and nouse to football management and success. They will make LCFC into a top 4 club year in year out you watch. I’d love to know more behind the scenes but it’s actually great that they can keep business matters close to their chest so our competitors are always left guessing.

• Like 1

Guest SO1
17 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This has to be the most frustrating thing about the Premier League, you can just buy your way back to the top. Not faulting Fernandes, he's the real deal and it's hilarious to think now Man U were squabbling over an extra 10m at the start of the season, when if they had him from the start, they would most likely be clear in 3rd. But it's just so galling that teams like ourselves and Wolves can have great seasons but you are just so up against it with the financial firepower the top teams have. Even if we wanted to buy Fernandes with the Maguire money, we still wouldn't be able to do it either. Chelsea are bringing in Ziyech and Werner minimum next season too, so will likely be uncatchable too.

That's why it's important to have some perspective as to where we are as a club. If we did miss out on the Champions League it would feel like a massively wasted opportunity, but look at Man United who this season alone brought Maguire, Fernandes, James and Ighalo. Chelsea with their transfer ban still got Pullisic and Kovacic in alongside having an already strong squad. To be 3rd with our resources is phenomenal. Only one club in the last 10 seasons that isn't Man United, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs has made it to the Champions League, and that is us. And we might even pull it off a second time too! We are punching massively above our weight, especially when you look at the sort of money clubs like Everton and West Ham have spent in the same period.

For me the thing we should all feel optimistic about is that the club is improving year on year. Vichai (and now Top) had a long-term strategy and it's working. I think it's being proved in front of our eyes that slow and steady really does win the race. It wouldn't surprise me for example if in Top's plan, he has it down for us to regularly compete for the title in 20 years time or something like that, such is the sort of planning the King Power group do. Slowly improve the infrastructure, the brand, the commercial deals, etc. You need it all to truly compete consistently at the very top of the game.

Big changes are coming for everyone in the world. Especially here in the US. I won't make predictions but I seriously expect the football world will be touched financially. Auto companies are getting hammered here with the exception of government welfare. Something is going to give.

8 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

This has to be the most frustrating thing about the Premier League, you can just buy your way back to the top. Not faulting Fernandes, he's the real deal and it's hilarious to think now Man U were squabbling over an extra 10m at the start of the season, when if they had him from the start, they would most likely be clear in 3rd. But it's just so galling that teams like ourselves and Wolves can have great seasons but you are just so up against it with the financial firepower the top teams have. Even if we wanted to buy Fernandes with the Maguire money, we still wouldn't be able to do it either. Chelsea are bringing in Ziyech and Werner minimum next season too, so will likely be uncatchable too.

That's why it's important to have some perspective as to where we are as a club. If we did miss out on the Champions League it would feel like a massively wasted opportunity, but look at Man United who this season alone brought Maguire, Fernandes, James and Ighalo. Chelsea with their transfer ban still got Pullisic and Kovacic in alongside having an already strong squad. To be 3rd with our resources is phenomenal. Only one club in the last 10 seasons that isn't Man United, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea or Spurs has made it to the Champions League, and that is us. And we might even pull it off a second time too! We are punching massively above our weight, especially when you look at the sort of money clubs like Everton and West Ham have spent in the same period.

For me the thing we should all feel optimistic about is that the club is improving year on year. Vichai (and now Top) had a long-term strategy and it's working. I think it's being proved in front of our eyes that slow and steady really does win the race. It wouldn't surprise me for example if in Top's plan, he has it down for us to regularly compete for the title in 20 years time or something like that, such is the sort of planning the King Power group do. Slowly improve the infrastructure, the brand, the commercial deals, etc. You need it all to truly compete consistently at the very top of the game.

This particular issue was one reason FFP was brought in place, to stop the big clubs buying their way back to success. But as we've seen, it's almost done the exact opposite with the big clubs able to spend that money almost freely.

You're right to highlight how well we're doing in contrast, Top and co have continued to implement a brilliant infrastructure. Hopefully that continues to let us build.

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

This particular issue was one reason FFP was brought in place, to stop the big clubs buying their way back to success. But as we've seen, it's almost done the exact opposite with the big clubs able to spend that money almost freely.

You're right to highlight how well we're doing in contrast, Top and co have continued to implement a brilliant infrastructure. Hopefully that continues to let us build.

FFP wasn't bought in to stop big clubs. It was bought in to stop small clubs getting very rich owners and threatening big clubs.

• Like 4