Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

35 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Yes, I hate the club.  Pearson is only going to be thrown away anyway.

I get your point, they’re ran in a really s***y way and sack managers for fun but I quite like the Watford fan that posts on here so I’m torn!

39 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Very good point.

Just to let you know that the Villa kit is a disgusting green and black number.

Thanks. Close up I can see a difference, and you're right, Villa's kit is horrible. But at the regular camera position it's just dark versus dark, which is unwatchable.

I've done some work with colourblindawareness.org on this. All proposed PL kits have to go though a colour matching process, to ensure there is always an alternative colour for away teams, but the process does not eliminate contrast clashes. The FA issued guidelines which, if clubs follow them, would pretty much eliminate the problem. But PL clubs consider themselves above the guidelines, and the need to market a kit is always the priority.

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

How come Liverpool get away with so many tactical fouls

They all do. Biggest clubs are the worse for it.

You seen how many Fernandino makes for Man City... Then Pep has the audacity to moan about his players needing "protection".

38 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

Thanks. Close up I can see a difference, and you're right, Villa's kit is horrible. But at the regular camera position it's just dark versus dark, which is unwatchable.

I've done some work with colourblindawareness.org on this. All proposed PL kits have to go though a colour matching process, to ensure there is always an alternative colour for away teams, but the process does not eliminate contrast clashes. The FA issued guidelines which, if clubs follow them, would pretty much eliminate the problem. But PL clubs consider themselves above the guidelines, and the need to market a kit is always the priority.

Call me old fashioned - you wouldn’t be the first! - but I’d love to see the use of away kits when there is no colour clash with that of the home side officially outlawed. Most of them are vulgar commercial cash-in eyesores that owe very little to tradition (Man City and Barcelona are among the worst culprits, but Leicester’s pink definitely falls into that category).

As for colourblindness, your cause is extremely valid and is definitely worth shouting louder to the Premier League about.

• Like 3

Just now, Fox42 said:

Got to give massive credit to Southampton and how they’ve responded to the 0-9. Not many teams would have responded to such a defeat in this way and that’s credit to Hasenhuttl.

If ever BR gets the push or leaves, that man is an option to consider.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Fox42 said:

Got to give massive credit to Southampton and how they’ve responded to the 0-9. Not many teams would have responded to such a defeat in this way and that’s credit to Hasenhuttl.

Apart from Liverpool, they were the best opposition team I've seen at the KP this season. Thought they were outstanding.

Edited by Sunbury Fox