Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Premier League Thread 2019/20

7 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Simply an observation, but since football returned has anybody seen a match where there hasn't been a BAME pundit?

Also, I didn't recognise the co-commentator yesterday and heard at HT it was Efan Ekoku. Now I don't recall ever hearing him on do commentary/punditry for Sky, but even if he has what relevance does he have to either team? Or is it only Liverpool and Man Utd that get fans on co-commentary?

Atleast Jamie Redknapp is involved in a variety of matches and clearly has an understanding of all teams, he's good to listen to. You know there's a top 6 clash when Sky drag out Neville/Carragher/Souness/Roy Keane (who is an absolutely pathetic pundit, his rant at Maguire/De Gea the other week was embarrasing). I doubt those four (maybe discluding Carragher) could even name all 20 PL clubs.

Yes, Sky, like many other media outlets, have felt obliged to swing the pendulum in the ‘other’ direction as a demonstrable show of switched-on virtue. There’ll be a lot of non-black pundits and co-commentators worrying about future commissions, I suspect.

That said, I’ve heard Efan Ekoku on various European games and have always rated him as he knows his stuff.

I, like the vast majority of people, would never judge someone on their skin colour, only on how able and efficient they are at their job. But the intense pressure on the media right now to swell their BAME ranks means that the principles of meritocracy and therefore genuine equal opportunity would appear - at least for the moment - to have been left behind.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Yes, Sky, like many other media outlets, have felt obliged to swing the pendulum in the ‘other’ direction as a demonstrable show of switched-on virtue. There’ll be a lot of non-black pundits and co-commentators worrying about future commissions, I suspect.

That said, I’ve heard Efan Ekoku on various European games and have always rated him as he knows his stuff.

I, like the vast majority of people, would never judge someone on their skin colour, only on how able and efficient they are at their job. But the intense pressure on the media right now to swell their BAME ranks means that the principles of meritocracy and therefore genuine equal opportunity would appear - at least for the moment - to have been left behind.

Not necessarily, you're assuming that those bought in are not to to scratch

17 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Amazing to think of this stays the same and Everton beat Spurs.

Tottenham will be in the bottom half of the league with 5 games to go.

Would be great to see 😂 the amount of spurs fans that will lose their sh*t if arsenal finish above them and they finish bottom half will be delightful to see 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Jack Rodwell lives. The Sunderland documentary made him out to be a proper dickhead

A massive ****. Can’t believe he’s playing in the Premier League again. Wonder what sort of money he’s on now.

Hypothetical question regarding the crazy handball rule: According to the laws of the game if a player was to cross the ball in a similar vein to Chilwell against Everton and the ball strikes the defenders hand, but, no penalty is given.

When the ball is comes back to Chilwell he blasts it back towards Kasper, our defenders let Richarlison run onto the back pass and score for Everton.

Would under the laws as they are currently in place, the goal be disallowed and the handball to us awarded, therefore,  giving us the penalty?

9 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Hypothetical question regarding the crazy handball rule: According to the laws of the game if a player was to cross the ball in a similar vein to Chilwell against Everton and the ball strikes the defenders hand, but, no penalty is given.

When the ball is comes back to Chilwell he blasts it back towards Kasper, our defenders let Richarlison run onto the back pass and score for Everton.

Would under the laws as they are currently in place, the goal be disallowed and the handball to us awarded, therefore,  giving us the penalty?

Been mentioned before this - and they don’t really have an answer. 

1 hour ago, Hammo said:

Meritocracy has never been a criteria for appointing pundits or commentators

• Like 2