Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Leicester City champions mural could be painted over - but it won't be the end of the fairy tale

• 2 months later...
54 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You will be ....... probably forever .... perhaps it could be recreated in the new stadium extension??

Wasn't it suggested that it will be recreated on a prominent route into the city ??

Did I dream that we actually won the Premier League and the world loved us ?? Seems that it's something that should swept under the carpet. Sad.

You would probably need to get in touch with the council directly to find anything out about this. I don't think it was a concrete decision that it was going to be re-done. Councils as always will need pushing to get things like this done. Peter is too busy spending money on stuff for his mates to worry about football fans. 

• Like 1

They could've done a 'Banksy' with this iconic art design; in carefully taking down the mural (and build a replacement bricked-wall) and locate it somewhere else in a location where more people would be able to have seen it (perhaps near to where the old stadium used to be, where the area there is wasted with debris, but there's plenty of other graffiti done nearby and would've been a relevant location for it with a two-minute walk down the King Power Stadium).

Edited by Wymeswold fox

45 minutes ago, TK95 said:

I can see it being held off until the expansion is underway. it would be nice for our ground to have some character on the outside 

Totally agree the stadium needs character. Our city also needs some recognition and celebration of that momentous period in our history. Our football club has put our city on the world map. Where's the pride?? 

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, davieG said:

I'm about halfway through completing the first prototype of the Kate Street model. The back scene needs a lot of alterations so the buildings look more realistic. Leicester City FC have commissioned one to be on display at the King Power. Micky Bates

Image may contain: 6 people

Hadn’t heard this really hope it’s true. Great work by the club yet again.

2 hours ago, davieG said:

I'm about halfway through completing the first prototype of the Kate Street model. The back scene needs a lot of alterations so the buildings look more realistic. Leicester City FC have commissioned one to be on display at the King Power. Micky Bates

Image may contain: 6 people

Do you know if they're getting Richard Wilson involved again? 

5 minutes ago, Danizen said:

Do you know if they're getting Richard Wilson involved again? 

This a guy's off Bentley's who creates models so I'd suspect the images are photos. If not apologies to Mick. He did the one of Filbert St.

Just now, davieG said:

It's just a table size model - just in case you hadn't realised

Sorry if that's a tad patronising.

Oh my mistake. I thought you meant the club had commissioned another mural. I feel a bit silly now lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...