Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 2019-20

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

York looked unfit and out of ideas, no way they were going to score, poor from a full time team and a disappointing send off for Bootham Crescent.

Bootham Crescent is likely to open up the season because the community stadium has yet to have a test event 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, isaidno said:

Boston due to move into their new stadium next season. Now have a play off final as their final game at York street.

Gutted I didn’t get round to going to York Street.Looked a cracking little ground.Driven past it a few times but never watched a game there.

17 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Gutted I didn’t get round to going to York Street.Looked a cracking little ground.Driven past it a few times but never watched a game there.

Lived there for a year in the early 90s and went quite regularly. They've always had a decent support for non league and was always a good atmosphere... The town was ****ing weird though. Cabbage farming families fighting and incest seemed to be the main two pastimes. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Lived there for a year in the early 90s and went quite regularly. They've always had a decent support for non league and was always a good atmosphere... The town was ****ing weird though. Cabbage farming families fighting and incest seemed to be the main two pastimes. 

Worked on a council contract for Boston BC a little later in the nineties.We used to travel it though as it was winter. took the A47 and up.You would get a row of 4/8 houses in the middle of nowhere.Surrounded for miles by cabbage fields and dykes.Utterly freezing.The people living there would often be old and hard as nails.

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Andy Welsh played for us on loan I'm sure.

Yep twice. My one memory is of him running the length of the King Power pitch with the ball, in the perfect position to score what would have been a great solo goal and smashing it over the bar.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Andy Welsh played for us on loan I'm sure.

I stuck it in ex players as well, I'm nothing if not thorough lol

• Haha 1

On 25/07/2020 at 23:03, Brizzle Fox said:

I live half an hour from the place. Great little ground, but the town is a cocktail of incest and Brexit. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Bilo said:

I live half an hour from the place. Great little ground, but the town is a cocktail of incest and Brexit. 

Any fit women? If so they might be stupid from all the incest happenings that i could score  a shag if i told them it would make them smarter.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Any fit women? If so they might be stupid from all the incest happenings that i could score  a shag if i told them it would make them smarter.

Plenty of Polish and Lithuanian ladies around, but they're usually attractive and bright. 😂

Can't believe what I've just seen, Dartford sky all three of their penalties miles over the bar, Weymouth score all three of theirs, and Weymouth are promoted to the national league.

• Like 1