Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 2019-20

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Went down to AFC Hinckley yesterday, have to say quality was a lot better than expected. Great set up they have

Be nice when they return to Hinckley though, that Greene King Stadium was a fantastic little ground they had know owned by Leicester Road. 

Went to Notts County yesterday watched them hammer Eastleigh 4-0! good game tbf. Quite sad at final whistle... thinking this could be last football match we see in a while... lets hope the non league fixtures still contuine. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Went down to AFC Hinckley yesterday, have to say quality was a lot better than expected. Great set up they have

Sad history for Hinckley.  Lost out on a possible Conference place due to a last minute penalty.  Getting large crowds (2,000) in a new stadium....then it all went downhill.

Now they find themselves 4 divisions lower playing in front of 100 or so.  The other Hincley split  into Leicester Road FC who play in the old stadium that holds over 4000 also get about 100 per game.

Strangely Hinckley AFC play in Ibstock on.. Leicester road.

2 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Sad history for Hinckley.  Lost out on a possible Conference place due to a last minute penalty.  Getting large crowds (2,000) in a new stadium....then it all went downhill.

Now they find themselves 4 divisions lower playing in front of 100 or so.  The other Hincley split  into Leicester Road FC who play in the old stadium that holds over 4000 also get about 100 per game.

Yeah they have an unfortunate recent history to say the least. And a messy separation to for AFC and Leicester Road doesn't cover half of what happened. 

5 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I remember play off final they had against Farsley Celtic they should have gone up they a good squad that season, they 3-1 up with ten minutes to go and ended up losing 3-4! Things really started to go downhill from summer onwards they lost a lot of players and they started to tumble down the league table as the years went on along with attendances. Such a shame really a good town for football that should be playing higher up.  It's pity they never made much money from the Andre Gray deal considering where he is now.

Edited by Leicesterpool

2 hours ago, spacemunky said:

So now it looks like all the non league football is also suspended.

Fancy a kickabout round a local park? We can stream it. Me in my city top, you in your jail...i mean county  top. Think we can make a few dollars on this. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Fancy a kickabout round a local park? We can stream it. Me in my city top, you in your jail...i mean county  top. Think we can make a few dollars on this. 

Join OZbet now for a free $10 bet on this game.

Not that important, but I dreamt last night that I was at a Notts match with my dad(he passed away 9 years ago).

To say it was a soggy pitch would be a huge understatement. After one of our goals(I think it was Shola Ameobi) he swam back to the centre circle.

Lost 2-5 to someone.

Yes, I miss football.

Edited by spacemunky
  • Haha 1

Doesn't seem fair on the likes of South Shields (12 points clear) wheras Bradford Park Avenue (12 points adrift at the bottom of the NLN and have been down since last year) get to retain their place.

Not fair at all.

Every league should be complete, even if that means cancelling next season.

You can't rip it up half way through. The whole point of a league is to determine the best and worse sides.

• Like 1

I feel sorry for clubs like Harrogate and Barrow, both waited a long time to get into the football league to have it suddenly taken away from them. I notice once again the fans never get there say on these decisions... the people who spend alot of money on attending these games.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I feel sorry for clubs like Harrogate and Barrow, both waited a long time to get into the football league to have it suddenly taken away from them. I notice once again the fans never get there say on these decisions... the people who spend alot of money on attending these games.

No decision on National League yet, it's the leagues below that have ended the season.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Not fair at all.

Every league should be complete, even if that means cancelling next season.

You can't rip it up half way through. The whole point of a league is to determine the best and worse sides.

And within hours South Shields are already talking about legal action over an "appalling" decision".

Something that will only  intensify the higher up you go with clubs losing revenues/promotion etc of all the leagues are cancelled.  

12 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

And within hours South Shields are already talking about legal action over an "appalling" decision".

Something that will only  intensify the higher up you go with clubs losing revenues/promotion etc of all the leagues are cancelled.  

Definitely. We've already got clubs asking for their players to take a defer from salaries, I know Leeds players have agreed to it. Trouble with all the money in the game.

• Like 1

Incredibly unfair and downright disrespectful decision. It's such a rash thing to do when we need to just be patient and see how things pan out with this. What is the point in cancelling a season when we don't even know if we'll have a next season?

At the moment it's quite likely football won't be able to resume until September and that's if we get things correct.

The way people behave in this stupid country I'll be amazed if we get it sorted anytime soon.

• Like 1