Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Non League Football 2019-20

Nuneaton Boro have already been busy this summer, former Reading striker Leroy Lita has signed for the club and apparently isn't been paid a penny, he's apparently living nearby and is wanting to gain his coaching badges and got into contact with the club over a player coaching role. Be interesting to see how he does at this level.

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Nuneaton Boro have already been busy this summer, former Reading striker Leroy Lita has signed for the club and apparently isn't been paid a penny, he's apparently living nearby and is wanting to gain his coaching badges and got into contact with the club over a player coaching role. Be interesting to see how he does at this level.

Signed another decent non league player this week from Banbury - for a club who set up a go fund me page in early April, they are annoying a few 

5 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Gutted for the Chorley fan I know but reckon they were doomed anyway.

Love the irony of Barrow going up on a technicality like this given the way they were kicked out of the league.

I see several playoff winning players have left including the captain who has gone to Lancaster, will be a big rebuilding job whichever league they are in.

On 14/06/2020 at 21:50, Cardiff_Fox said:

Signed another decent non league player this week from Banbury - for a club who set up a go fund me page in early April, they are annoying a few 

Yeah a bit strange but I have noticed a lot recent sponsorship deals been agreed for next season of late, also got some sort shared academy agreement with West Brom at the moment so they maybe getting some sort of funding from them somehow and sounds like the club are doing okay for once. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

8 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Yeah a bit strange but I have noticed a lot recent sponsorship deals been agreed for next season of late, also got some sort shared academy agreement with West Brom at the moment so they maybe getting some sort of funding from them somehow and sounds like the club are doing okay for once. 

Tbf I’m surprised at how many non league clubs are signing players - Worcester announced three players for step 5 who can play step 3 easy. 

Pre season with non league players at the best of time, it’s never secure you’ve signed a player until opening day. Expecting them to wait until September/October from here is going to be a task

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Tbf I’m surprised at how many non league clubs are signing players - Worcester announced three players for step 5 who can play step 3 easy. 

Pre season with non league players at the best of time, it’s never secure you’ve signed a player until opening day. Expecting them to wait until September/October from here is going to be a task

This, no one knows when seasons going to start so not sure why teams announcing players already! Pre season could start as normal at the beginning of July though?

10 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Speaking of Worcester sad to see what's happened to them, once one of the bigger names of non league now playing so low and out of town. Shame St Georges Lane was a good old traditional ground, I surprised Worcester Warriors rugby club haven't come into help at least then they could still be able to play within the city.

9 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Speaking of Worcester sad to see what's happened to them, once one of the bigger names of non league now playing so low and out of town. Shame St Georges Lane was a good old traditional ground, I surprised Worcester Warriors rugby club haven't come into help at least then they could still be able to play within the city.

The rugby club is actually a decent way out of the centre. They have a new ground on the way. Same with Gloucester too

10 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Barrow promoted to the EFL, Wealdstone and King's Lynn Town promoted to the National League.

Playoffs to take place.

York not gone up then. Take it they're in play offs?

25 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

York not gone up then. Take it they're in play offs?

Yes, with Boston United, Altrincham and presumably Brackley Town, Chester and Gateshead (York, Boston and Alty all confirmed they'd compete in the playoffs not heard about the others but they surely will).

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

The number of clubs to be relegated from the Vanarama National League will be determined so as to maintain a National Division of 24 clubs after any relegation from EFL League Two, promotion to EFL League Two and promotion from the National League North and National League South divisions. There shall be no relegation from Vanarama National League North and Vanarama National League South.

So if it's 3 down from the national league it will be Ebbsfleet, Fylde and Chorley as it stands.

Edited by Tuna

• 3 weeks later...

Finally we have the dates!

From NottsCountyFC.com:

Our Vanarama National League play-off semi-final will kick-off at 5pm on Saturday 25 July.

We'll host the winners of Yeovil Town v Barnet, who lock horns in the quarter-finals on Saturday 18 July, for a chance to compete in the Wembley final on Sunday 2 August (kick-off 3pm).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...