Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 20

7 hours ago, ketteringscott said:

He is awesome, quick, very good dribbling and a decent shot on him. Wins a lot of headers for his size as well. Not that they go anywhere near the goal on this fifa!

Thanks mate! Haha i have literally only scored one header this year on futchamps/rivals... im yet to score from a corner too... crazy

Not sure if anyone has seen that you can lose for scoring own goals, even if still winning?

I was on my last game for an icon swaps objective on rivals (I was struggling big time to get enough wins btw). I thought I hit the jackpot when I matched up against a bronze team (no idea why the guy was using bronze). I go 4-0 up so score 2 own goals messing around as a joke. Then I go 5-2 so score another OG, again, just playing around as I am comfortably winning. 3 own goals and the game makes me forfeit and says I scored too many OGs. Just sat there in a stunned type of silence hahahaha

1 hour ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Not sure if anyone has seen that you can lose for scoring own goals, even if still winning?

I was on my last game for an icon swaps objective on rivals (I was struggling big time to get enough wins btw). I thought I hit the jackpot when I matched up against a bronze team (no idea why the guy was using bronze). I go 4-0 up so score 2 own goals messing around as a joke. Then I go 5-2 so score another OG, again, just playing around as I am comfortably winning. 3 own goals and the game makes me forfeit and says I scored too many OGs. Just sat there in a stunned type of silence hahahaha

Never heard of that before.

Thanks for the heads up though lol

17 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

I can't push this video often enough:

If things don't change with FIFA 21, please let's all be consequential and not waste any more money on this fraud of a franchise.

Agree with that however I havent spent anything on FUT in a long long time. 

Learn how to trade, spot trends look at previous SBCs and you can pretty much tell what's coming next. 

I've played about 40 games this FIFA and I havent missed it that much in all honesty. I have a good team through trading however I'll probably be selling this now to trade with for TOTS and have a few more games with those players. 

Just sat and rinsed pretty much everything I have player wise in my club apart from my PL side and my icons, to do the marquee matchups, fut bdays etc most useful thing I got was the shape shifter, TAA 88 rated midfielder. I guess ratings wise he's an upgrade on my 86 totw,  wilf and doucoure, but I guess it depends how he feels. Now i basically have 60 crap cards listed on the market. If i see 30k back I'd be staggered.

I'm about 3000xp from adding the 89 rated fred as well. Anyone got him is he any good?

On 10/04/2020 at 22:33, Bayfox said:

Just sat and rinsed pretty much everything I have player wise in my club apart from my PL side and my icons, to do the marquee matchups, fut bdays etc most useful thing I got was the shape shifter, TAA 88 rated midfielder. I guess ratings wise he's an upgrade on my 86 totw,  wilf and doucoure, but I guess it depends how he feels. Now i basically have 60 crap cards listed on the market. If i see 30k back I'd be staggered.

I'm about 3000xp from adding the 89 rated fred as well. Anyone got him is he any good?

From what I've heard fred is great, like kante defensively and still offers a lot going forward. 

On 09/04/2020 at 19:05, MC Prussian said:

I can't push this video often enough:

If things don't change with FIFA 21, please let's all be consequential and not waste any more money on this fraud of a franchise.

Agree.. 

I think one of the worst parts is, they run FUT like a free to play game, this year more than ever, and neglect all other game modes. We are paying for a game that has many of the mechanics of a free to play mobile game. 

They know if they overhall career for example, and make it an enjoyable, comprehensive experience, it will distract people from their precious FUT, probably losing them lots of money in the process. It's a joke how poor career mode is compared to what it could be. I'd happily pay for it alone without any online mode if it was comprehensive. I know there is FM, but I like to play the games. 

Anyway this year I've not bought a single pack on FUT and been given lots of free ones through progress and challanges (which is cool) but I also find that I enjoy this fifa less than any before for FUT.

I remember on the older games, you could easily get by with a standard shiny gold team, even later in the game's cycle. 75 agbolhnahor was great for example on FIFA 12. Then you would have those bronze and silver team tournaments which were fun, or themed tournaments like English only players. This literally levelled the playing field, which again, EA doesn't want, as then you have no need to buy packs or grind for hours for better cards. 

What do we have now? Rivals, and weekend league, which are full of high rated special card squads, or squad battles, which is pointless IMO because you don't even play real teams, just strangely put together ultimate teams that aren't fun to play against. Having said all that,  for some reason, I can't deny it's addictive. I quit recently and gave away all my coins about 600k, because I just realised I wasn't enjoying the game, but just playing due to habit. 

All in all, I like how the gameplay is (apart from heading), but I think this will be the last one I get for years. Hadn't bough fifa since 17 before this, and not even sure it was worth it to upgrade. Such a shame Fifa has the monopoly with licenses. Pes offeres a free to play version of FUT, so if I fancy some FUT style gameplay in the future, I'll just get that. 

2 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

From what I've heard fred is great, like kante defensively and still offers a lot going forward. 

I was hoping this, but I've not been impressed so far, also TAA is great for a long range goal threat but they both make my midfield feel a little lightweight. May go back to Wilf in there to add some steel. Managed to get his 87 totwm for 65k.

11 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

I was hoping this, but I've not been impressed so far, also TAA is great for a long range goal threat but they both make my midfield feel a little lightweight. May go back to Wilf in there to add some steel. Managed to get his 87 totwm for 65k.

That's a nice price for wilf. His attacking stats look average but then really high defensively. Some decent lcfc in forms this year. I even like perez's 84 card for dribbling through but felt it was lacking finishing / att position wise. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

That's a nice price for wilf. His attacking stats look average but then really high defensively. Some decent lcfc in forms this year. I even like perez's 84 card for dribbling through but felt it was lacking finishing / att position wise. 

I was using 86 madders over Perez, but packed 91 kaka, untradeable, he's far and away the best CAM I've ever had, so madders is now my sub.

• Like 1

Having a right bad time with fitness at half time my players are going from 95 fitness to the bar basically empty! No I don't have constant pressure on and I swap between two team's every couple of games it's not one or two players it is everyone!!!

1 hour ago, Kyuubi said:

Apparently they are going to release yet another fut birthday bag today!! This time with no winter refresh but apparently future stars instead... 

Wouldn’t mind trying to do one of these if the reward was tradeable so it least if it was crap you would get something back from it.