Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silva Fox

Mbwana Samatta

13 hours ago, ramadaone said:

BS story 

Does this mean are after someone of more note, or we just don’t need someone in that position? :dry:

On 06/07/2019 at 11:11, Blue ROI said:

If Slim and Nachoman leave then maybe this fella is worth a go.

Mind you our track record with African players has been mediocre bar Mahrez and N'Didi.

Tbf Genk's recent international recruitment has picked up some blinders. 

Ndidi, Bailey, Berge, Koulibaly and Milinkovic Savic are all Genk finds. 

Yannick Carasco, Kevin de Bruyne, Thibault Courtois and Divock Origi all came out of their academy too. 

If you're going to pinch off anyone they're not a bad lot. Although we should probably be stealing their scouts and youth coaches for considerably less than they'd want for Samatta! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Tbf Genk's recent international recruitment has picked up some blinders. 

Ndidi, Bailey, Berge, Koulibaly and Milinkovic Savic are all Genk finds. 

Yannick Carasco, Kevin de Bruyne, Thibault Courtois and Divock Origi all came out of their academy too. 

If you're going to pinch off anyone they're not a bad lot. Although we should probably be stealing their scouts and youth coaches for considerably less than they'd want for Samatta! 

I genuinely think that's a reason we've invested in OHL. 

UK has strict work permit regulations, whereas Belgium is more relaxed at allowing movement from Africa. 

There has to be a correlation between OHL having one of the best academys in Belgian (check what's been said on the OHL thread by Lizhang) and our investment. 

Looking at the success of Genk etc as you mentioned, if OHL can be promoted and secured as a top league side, their academy becomes even more attractive. OHL can develop the talent, benefit from their success and then sell on to ourselves or other teams for a hefty profit. 

It allows OHL to become self sufficient. But obviously that's a while down the pipeline

2 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Brexit might muck up this plan though?

I'll be amazed if Brexit has much impact on the Premier League. 

1. It'll be awful for public relations for any government to impose damaging restrictions to the league. 

2. The Premier League brings a silly amount of money in to the country. 

3. The clubs are ****ing massive, they're all owned by immensely powerful billionaires, nobody is going to upset them by saying they can't sign foreign players anymore. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I genuinely think that's a reason we've invested in OHL. 

UK has strict work permit regulations, whereas Belgium is more relaxed at allowing movement from Africa. 

There has to be a correlation between OHL having one of the best academys in Belgian (check what's been said on the OHL thread by Lizhang) and our investment. 

Looking at the success of Genk etc as you mentioned, if OHL can be promoted and secured as a top league side, their academy becomes even more attractive. OHL can develop the talent, benefit from their success and then sell on to ourselves or other teams for a hefty profit. 

It allows OHL to become self sufficient. But obviously that's a while down the pipeline

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'll be amazed if Brexit has much impact on the Premier League. 

1. It'll be awful for public relations for any government to impose damaging restrictions to the league. 

2. The Premier League brings a silly amount of money in to the country. 

3. The clubs are ****ing massive, they're all owned by immensely powerful billionaires, nobody is going to upset them by saying they can't sign foreign players anymore. 

Sorry I quoted the wrong post. I’ve removed it and requoted the correct one, though your thoughts are probably relevant anyway.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Why would it?

Movement of players into Belgium wouldn't be impacted allowing for the movement to continue. If not to the UK, plenty of other top leagues around.

At the same time, the points system used could be followed still. OHL getting to Europe, playing internationally all gives points. May make it harder to move them to the UK, but certainly doesnt ruin the plan 

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Why would it?

Movement of players into Belgium wouldn't be impacted allowing for the movement to continue. If not to the UK, plenty of other top leagues around.

At the same time, the points system used could be followed still. OHL getting to Europe, playing internationally all gives points. May make it harder to move them to the UK, but certainly doesnt ruin the plan 

I thought you meant as a pipeline to LCFC, but yes, as a general business plan it makes sense.

Just now, WigstonWanderer said:

I thought you meant as a pipeline to LCFC, but yes, as a general business plan it makes sense.

Would be disrespectful and naive off the owners to think OHL could be just a pipeline. 

The amount of talent in Belgium means they can make a decent business plan out of it whilst also potentially allowing for a movement of talent to Leicester.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Would be disrespectful and naive off the owners to think OHL could be just a pipeline. 

The amount of talent in Belgium means they can make a decent business plan out of it whilst also potentially allowing for a movement of talent to Leicester.

That’s the bit it thought might be impacted by Brexit.