Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Silva Fox

Mbwana Samatta

39 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Captain Obvious

Clipboard01

Ha!

Earlier in the thread there was lots of talk about whether he was a 9 or a 10 and one of the conclusions drawn was that he was a 9.5 which smacked of Nacho no mans land territory.

27 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Captain of his national team. Top scorer in the Belgian first. Massive head. Sounds alright.

I think if we could loan or sell Kelechi and get this lad in then we should do. Got a good feeling about this lad, think he'd do well in the Prem.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

If he signs, can we at least give him a chance. Vardy, Mahrez, Albrighton, Fuchs, Kante were pretty underwhelming at the time. You never know, he might turn out to be a real bargain. I appreciate that there have also been other underwhelming signings that have turned out to be just that. Conversely, there have been big money signings that have had this forum go ballistic and have turned out to be flops. Slimani, Musa, Inler, Silva, Nacho.

Great post. I don’t think anybody is writing him off, he’s just quite simply a bit unheard of and inexpensive by modern standards in comparison to a few other big names being mooted about. You are right though, nobody had really heard of Mahrez, Kante, Vardy et al so of course we shouldn’t be making any snap judgements and give the man time to be a bloody legend!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Great post. I don’t think anybody is writing him off, he’s just quite simply a bit unheard of and inexpensive by modern standards in comparison to a few other big names being mooted about. You are right though, nobody had really heard of Mahrez, Kante, Vardy et al so of course we shouldn’t be making any snap judgements and give the man time to be a bloody legend!

I still remember everyone saying " Muzzy who" 

• Like 2

This lad has experience playing wide on the right, and I suspect that would be his main role with us.  I don't think he'd be signing as a squad player - I think the intent would be to have him be a primary starter in a front 3.

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Ha!

Earlier in the thread there was lots of talk about whether he was a 9 or a 10 and one of the conclusions drawn was that he was a 9.5 which smacked of Nacho no mans land territory.

I'm aware that you were talking about his position on the pitch, and this more often than not will not be the same as the number of a player's shirt. Indeed there is a potential comedic tension in this dichotomy, and more importantly an opportunity to utilise my nascent image editing skills.

I hope you don't think I'm being self-congratulatory, but I'm really pleased with this attempt as I've managed to achieve the requisite look of slightly irritated surprise, while at the same time using a lo-res brush technique on his eyes* that I feel is a fitting homage to his Youtube video posters

* look closely

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

I'm aware that your were talking about his position on the pitch, and this more often than not will not be the same as the number of a player's shirt. Indeed there is a potentlal comedic tension in this dichotomy, and more importantly an opportunity to utilise my nascent image editing skills.

I hope you don't think I'm being self-congratulatory, but I'm really pleased with this attempt as I've managed to achieve the requisite look of slightly irritated surprise, while at the same time using a lo-res brush technique on his eyes* that I feel is a fitting homage to his Youtube video posters

* look closely

:appl:

We need an option for those teams who will park the bus and stop us playing nice football.. it will happen... it semi-regularly will happen. So having a plan B player is definitely needed.  The whole game dynamic can be changed when you bring on a player who is dangerous in the air, defenders are suddenly worried about sitting too deep and inviting crosses. 

For this price, I can see why we'd be considering it. 

Aston Villa are getting all excited about their big money signing in the Belgian league and this guy pulled his pants down

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

We need an option for those teams who will park the bus and stop us playing nice football.. it will happen... it semi-regularly will happen. So having a plan B player is definitely needed.  The whole game dynamic can be changed when you bring on a player who is dangerous in the air, defenders are suddenly worried about sitting too deep and inviting crosses. 

For this price, I can see why we'd be considering it. 

Aston Villa are getting all excited about their big money signing in the Belgian league and this guy pulled his pants down

Thought Villa were in for this guy too

22 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Thought Villa were in for this guy too

and Middlesborough and Cardiff apparently so I definitely don't see him as a starter like some our suggesting. Very much a back-up striker to cover for Iheanacho maybe being absolutely turd even under Rodgers! 

• Like 1

Guest SO1

The more attacking talent we have the better. Let them all fight it out in training and lets see who comes out on top. Not good enough then goodbye.

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

The more attacking talent we have the better. Let them all fight it out in training and lets see who comes out on top. Not good enough then goodbye.

Sounds a costly way of doing things... Slimani, Musa and Iheanacho ring any bells? I'd prefer to do our homework and buy much more wisely. Quality not quantity! 

• Like 1

He's so full of (couldn't find the pooh emoji) ? my reply @stevieB tells him its Samatta and he deleted his tweet then the second one just got posted (2 days after his original denial) 

Screenshot_20190705-194221.jpg

Screenshot_20190705-194255.jpg

Edited by StevieB
Added stuff
  • Haha 1

Guest SO1
9 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Sounds a costly way of doing things... Slimani, Musa and Iheanacho ring any bells? I'd prefer to do our homework and buy much more wisely. Quality not quantity! 

What your saying is Samatta isn't quality? If we buy him then I assume that our scouting and recruitment team think he is capable of contributing to the team.

He joins the squad. From there its on him and the staff weather he starts or not. Nobody is guaranteed a place in the first eleven or even the bench. You have to earn it.

Every match. Even Vardy.

I haven't given up on Iheanacho yet and doubt Rodgers has either. What I long for is competition in the squad. Everyone fighting for a place. Nothing on merit or rep.

The only way to push to maximum quality. FYI Coutinho 8.5 mil from inter Sturridge 12mil from Chelsea Rodgers first year at Liverpool.

7 hours ago, KFS said:

This signing is pure Celtic. Underwhelming.

2 big statements.  I am not trolling but really want to you to breakdown why you say these things.  I know nothing about this guy so would really appreciate the input.

Can you qualify what do you mean by 'Purely Celtic'?

What is 'Purely Celtic'?

Can you qualify 'Underwhelming'?
What do you mean by 'underwhelming' in a Leicester context?

Cheers

• Like 2