Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nickbluefox

Getting Bored Now...?!!

Guest Cujek
6 hours ago, dayday said:

He is everywhere, last week he was in the Crown at Gilmorton :D

Well, he lives close to there, so not really that surprising. 

1 hour ago, murphy said:

I think it's about time we started inventing some fictitious transfers to stir the stagnant pool that is Transfer Talk.

I hear we are linked with the Ghanaian winger Idonna Ecksiste.  Unreal player!

Noah Che'ance he's rubbish

Ah well while we all sit here wringing our hands in despair bashing the keyboard, and the media going into overdrive with their make belief and click bait just remember it is the weekend and all the people that really matter, like Rudkin and co. will be busy mowing their lawns, possibly partaking of the odd G&T or pint down the local and enjoying their Sunday roast.  NOTHING is going to happen cos there will be nobody at work. I certainly wont be as I will be doing all the aforementioned. I will however no doubt be unable not to resist the temptation to keep looking  just on the off chance. It really is too sad.

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Worst transfer window in history, for all the Premier League teams. Absolute snoozefest 

100% I can’t remember the last time the premier league has been so quite with regards to incomings especially considering we are a week away from July & there’s no major tournaments being played this summer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

100% I can’t remember the last time the premier league has been so quite with regards to incomings especially considering we are a week away from July & there’s no major tournaments being played this summer.

West Ham, Aston Villa, Manchester United and Southampton have signed players, but granted you are right it has been very quiet.

16 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Sky Sports News are bigging up their new 'Transfer Breakfast Show' which starts on the 1st July. There's going to be very little to talk about at this rate. They'll have to up the ante with their bullshit 'we really hope this happens' rumours.

Could be completely wrong here but I've got a bit of a theory as to why it's been so quiet. I think we may have actually reached a bit of a saturation point. There's only been 2 clubs in 11 years make a profit in a transfer window. That's mental. Transfer fees, especially for English players, have gone absolutely mad. Factor in FFP too and I think clubs are no longer willing to pay such stupid amounts - hence fewer transfers. Teams are looking for European bargains but clubs abroad are overcharging because they know they can fleece an English club. It's good news for clubs like us who have talented players they want to keep hold of.

Either that or one big transfer happens and you get the snowball effect and my theory is complete bollocks lol

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Window shuts earlier too. 

18 hours ago, lgfualol said:

The longer the first signing takes the more open I am for Congerton and Rudkin to spunk 60m on someone shit

Maybe we can release and resign Nacho for 60m, would give him one hell of a confidence boost :thumbup:

It's so eerily quiet on the transfer front. Must be waiting for decision from Youri I guess, as that would be our marquee signing (fingers crossed), so don't want to spend money before we've made our biggest outlay.

Bit disappointed we're not competing with Brighton for Trossard though. Seems a missed opportunity.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

It's so eerily quiet on the transfer front. Must be waiting for decision from Youri I guess, as that would be our marquee signing (fingers crossed), so don't want to spend money before we've made our biggest outlay.

Bit disappointed we're not competing with Brighton for Trossard though. Seems a missed opportunity.

I keep reading this and it's nonsensical. If we want more players than just Tielemans and assuming we have some form.of budget for these players, why do we have to wait for Tielemans to sign before we get others in? We risk missing out on targets that go elsewhere plus we put pressure on our DOF in getting numerous deals across the line in a decreasing amount of time, we've previous for struggling to do this. 

If we've still not made any signings by next week it'll be interesting to gear what Rodgers says, he isn't afraid to say what he thinks.

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I keep reading this and it's nonsensical. If we want more players than just Tielemans and assuming we have some form.of budget for these players, why do we have to wait for Tielemans to sign before we get others in? We risk missing out on targets that go elsewhere plus we put pressure on our DOF in getting numerous deals across the line in a decreasing amount of time, we've previous for struggling to do this. 

If we've still not made any signings by next week it'll be interesting to gear what Rodgers says, he isn't afraid to say what he thinks.

Maybe the alternatives the club have for Youri are cheaper therefore allows more money to be spent on better targets? The only reason I can think of.

• Like 2

I suspect YT and Dunk are the priorities. Seeing interesting stuff about Kaputska who Brendan will want to run the rule over likewise Amartey so that will possibly tie up that area around defence and attacking midfield/winger at least until Christmas. I reckon Slim’s reputation has buggered his chances of a Kaputska esque redemption so a striker to develop as 2nd fiddle to Vardy over the next season or 2 would be my 3rd guess.