Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

4 hours ago, lcfcdotell said:

Hirst scored again? Impressive season so far. 

Eppiah probably more impressive in the goals and assists in very few minutes in comparison. The types of goals he scores are very good too, he is the more versatile forward. Really hope one or both get a loan move next month. Hirst's movement seems to be top notch.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Eppiah probably more impressive in the goals and assists in very few minutes in comparison. The types of goals he scores are very good too, he is the more versatile forward. Really hope one or both get a loan move next month. Hirst's movement seems to be top notch.

Eppiah is 4th choice if he cant get in the u23s at his age (21) Then its highly unlikely hes going to make it here. Injuries have not helped but hes gone backwards here .Hes hardly impressed this year and been injury free. Wont be surprised to see him move on at the end of the season. A career in the lower leagues/non leagues is probably gonna be his level.

4 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Eppiah is 4th choice if he cant get in the u23s at his age (21) Then its highly unlikely hes going to make it here. Injuries have not helped but hes gone backwards here .Hes hardly impressed this year and been injury free. Wont be surprised to see him move on at the end of the season. A career in the lower leagues/non leagues is probably gonna be his level.

what are you on about?   he's scored or assisted in almost every game he's played in this year. he's been the most impressive forward when he's been on the pitch. He creates chances at ease.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jjridgewell said:

what are you on about?   he's scored or assisted in almost every game he's played in this year. he's been the most impressive forward when he's been on the pitch. He creates chances at ease.

So why is he behind 

Muskwe

Hirst and

Regeba?

Hes started 4 games and has 4 as sub and  scored 2 goals out of 13 league games.

It may be your opinion hes been the most impressive on the pitch but obviously the staff dont agree with you!

16 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Have you actually watched any U23 games this season? I think you're right in he'll probably only make it in the lower leagues as injuries during crucial years have stunted him, yet he has been very good this season for the U23's. I also pay very little attention to Beaglehole's selection policy, he shouldn't be 4th choice. 

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Have you actually watched any U23 games this season? I think you're right in he'll probably only make it in the lower leagues as injuries during crucial years have stunted him, yet he has been very good this season for the U23's. I also pay very little attention to Beaglehole's selection policy, he shouldn't be 4th choice. 

Ha ha. I have to watch them . 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, brucey said:

https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/4902571/marseille-boss-andre-villas-boas-ready-to-steal-leicesters-18-year-old-wonderkid-sidnei-tavares/

Tavares chose to sign with Leicester ahead of the likes of Everton, Lazio and FC Porto mainly because of Brendan Rodgers’ history in giving youth a chance.

He attended the club’s pre-season tour in Evian, but is yet to make a first-team appearance.

It has now emerged that the player is homesick, and also uncomfortable with the potential outcome of Brexit as he only possesses a Portuguese passport.

Paris Saint-Germain, Borussia Dortmund, Juventus, Napoli, Atletico Madrid, Roma and Vitesse are also all ready to promise Tavares first-team football.

Hmmmm, I doubt that very much. :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, themightyfin said:

That bit just isn't true.

4 hours ago, lcfcdotell said:

To be fair hasn’t Muskwe been pretty impressive as well? all our forwards except Reghba have done well this season 

All had a good season so far. I’ve never been 100% convinced by Muskwe for some strange reason, some OHL fans think Hirst will be found out when playing against adults and Eppiah has looked good technically now he’s back from injury. 5 goals in 1000 minutes, 8 in 900 and 2 in 250 respectively. They all look good enough for a loan then we’ll see who cuts it unless Bren starts fast tracking players into the first team.

Guest An Sionnach
1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

All had a good season so far. I’ve never been 100% convinced by Muskwe for some strange reason, some OHL fans think Hirst will be found out when playing against adults and Eppiah has looked good technically now he’s back from injury. 5 goals in 1000 minutes, 8 in 900 and 2 in 250 respectively. They all look good enough for a loan then we’ll see who cuts it unless Bren starts fast tracking players into the first team.

One thing in Hirst's favour is he towers over all of our other forwards and we haven't had that since Slimani , who by the way has scored six in eleven for Monaco. As I have said before,  all loaning will do is f**k him up , its either into the main squad or let him go.

Edited by An Sionnach

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

One thing in Hirst's favour is he towers over all of our other forwards and we haven't had that since Slimani , who by the way has scored six in eleven for Monaco. As I have said before,  all loaning will do is f**k him up , its either into the main squad or let him go.

Chil, Hamza, Barnes and Knight before his injury had great loans.

7 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Well he cant have impressed that much if he cant get a starting place in our u23s 

He's made a fair few starts and pretty much scored in every one. I know you have links to the academy so it might well be that he isn't rated but Beaglehole is a prat.

Guest An Sionnach

I sometimes wonder what the purpose of our U23 setup is.  Is it an expensive training ground for young players to go on and reach the heights of Colchester or Oldham or what. I constantly get reminded about our successes Chilwell , Barnes etc. then I read the threads saying they are not good enough and should be replaced. A lot of our U23s probably read this forum and think I'm going nowhere here am I. If you think that you can go into the market and buy all the players you need for success you are kidding yourself. The core of our future success must come from within. Our U23 team is performing well , why is that? Because they are good footballers. Its time for Rodgers to start using that ability. 

I just think the age group is wrong. For me if your 22 or nudging 23 you shouldn't be playing in what is fundamentally a school but should be out in the real world. If that means long term loans or even moves to a lower league club so be it.

You should have learnt the basics of professional football by that and now need to learn how to cope with the day to day and match time of proper professional football.

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach
19 minutes ago, davieG said:

I just think the age group is wrong. For me if your 22 or nudging 23 you shouldn't be playing in what is fundamentally a school but should be out in the real world. If that means long term loans or even moves to a lower league club so be it.

You should have learnt the basics of professional football by that and now need to learn how to cope with the day to day and match time of proper professional football.

I agree with that, by the age of 22 you should have learned 95% of what you will ever learn. The old reserve teams at least gave you the chance to play alongside seasoned pros and were a better stepping stone than this U23- loan -loan - Stockport  -" whatever happened to him" depressing cycle.

4 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I sometimes wonder what the purpose of our U23 setup is.  Is it an expensive training ground for young players to go on and reach the heights of Colchester or Oldham or what. I constantly get reminded about our successes Chilwell , Barnes etc. then I read the threads saying they are not good enough and should be replaced. A lot of our U23s probably read this forum and think I'm going nowhere here am I. If you think that you can go into the market and buy all the players you need for success you are kidding yourself. The core of our future success must come from within. Our U23 team is performing well , why is that? Because they are good footballers. Its time for Rodgers to start using that ability. 

You want to go extreme calling out Rodgers for not using the U23's when we're competing for places in the Top 4. Good luck with that.

Rodgers will use them if their good enough. Any manager is only as good as the players he has. Its Rodgers who pays the price for the team's under performance.

Want to play in the first team than earn it. The first team isn't some kind of charity group for those who might be good enough. Cut throat.

Its all on the players to get in first team training and prove themselves there before they ever get a whiff of match time.

Maybe that's how it will be here for Rodgers.      

Work the present group. Do want he can with what you have and move on. Sad to see the familiar play out again. Same as Liverpool and Celtic.

Build the team up. Get them punching above their weight. Get screwed over by the owners. Next job please.

I hope that new club campus is more than just some pretty buildings in a pretty field surrounded by a golf course.

If we're going to make competing at the top of the league a regular thing then we must do everything right for the players.

Recruitment and then Coaching both Mental and Physical.

I could give a squat who the coaches names are as long as they know how to coach Attack / Possession football.

Edited by SO1

Guest An Sionnach
5 minutes ago, SO1 said:

You want to go extreme calling out Rodgers for not using the U23's when were competing for places in the Top 4. Good luck with that.

Rodgers will use them if their good enough. Any manager is only as good as the players he has. Its Rodgers who pays the price for the team's under performance.

Want to play in the first team than earn it. The first team isn't some kind of charity group for those who might be good enough. Cut throat.

Its all on the players to get in first team training and prove themselves there before they ever get a whiff of match time.

Maybe that's how it will be here for Rodgers.      

Work the present group. Do want he can with what you have and move on. Sad to see the familiar play out again. Same as Liverpool and Celtic. Build the team up . Get them punching above their weight. Get screwed over by the owners . Next job please.

I hope that new club campus is more than just some pretty buildings in a pretty field surrounded by a golf course. If we're going to make competing at the top of the league a regular thing then we must do everything right for the players. Recruitment and then Coaching both Mental and Physical. I could give a squat who the coaches names are as long as they know how to coach Attack / Possession football.

I can't fault what you are saying there although I hope that at long last we are building something that will last .Like you I actually believe this team can keep it up and stay in the top four. Always keep one eye on the future though and never assume that the transfer market will solve all your problems. Think Musa , Diabate, Ghezzal , Silva, Slimani etc.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

I can't fault what you are saying there although I hope that at long last we are building something that will last .Like you I actually believe this team can keep it up and stay in the top four. Always keep one eye on the future though and never assume that the transfer market will solve all your problems. Think Musa , Diabate, Ghezzal , Silva, Slimani etc.

I agree that the transfer market will never solve all our problems but it has to solve some.

I've seen Rodgers pull a Houdini with some players but he can't turn them all into Premier League Caliber overnight. Some maybe never.

Said it before but this club needs to be stroking on all cylinders in order to be successful. Development, Recruiting, Training and Coaching. etc.

The process seems to have been in place at least since we started building the center.  We just need to give it a chance to transition and then let it grow. Patience.