Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

On 27/06/2019 at 16:09, moore_94 said:

Head of player development for youth players has left for West Ham

A little worrying.

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

A good team to be picking him up from.

Arsenal have a habit of producing quality youth players so hopefully he'll be one of those. 

We're starting to get a big collection of talented youngsters. Its time to get loans sorted and begin to increase the pathway to the first team.

18 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Arsenal have a habit of producing quality youth players so hopefully he'll be one of those. 

We're starting to get a big collection of talented youngsters. Its time to get loans sorted and begin to increase the pathway to the first team.

Can't think of any special players to have come through since maybe... Ashley Cole? 

2 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Can't think of any special players to have come through since maybe... Ashley Cole? 

Wilshere?

He may have been an injury prone player but you can't deny his talent.

Iwobi hasn't exactly done badly and is only 23.

And they have a fair few talented youngsters coming through now. 

10 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

You clearly haven't been watching their younger teams.

They've played our development team off the park with an average age 3 -5 years lower!!!

2 hours ago, FIF said:

You clearly haven't been watching their younger teams.

They've played our development team off the park with an average age 3 -5 years lower!!!

... too right. 

Their striker looked very useful and one we could develop I am sure. Why we have Loft on our books with the quality out there I really don't know! 

On 30/06/2019 at 09:52, FIF said:

A little worrying.

Not sure what a 'lead coach' is and where they fit in the coaching hierarchy, but it might be a step up from his role with us, a role he perhaps didn't see himself getting here. I'm hoping it's not too much of a worrying development. Also, with the new training ground on the horizon, I'd hope everything would be pointing towards developing an elite academy to go along with it, including coaches and support staff.

Incidentally, apparently our very own Eric Odhiambo is a part-time academy coach with us (although the site appears to have spelt his name incorrectly)! Who knew?!

https://www.lcfc.com/academy/academy-staff/

Guest SO1
On 30/06/2019 at 15:32, Ric Flair said:

Interesting he mentions Celtic wanted him the season previous...

Congerton Out!

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Imagine going from the arsenal youth set up to nobbing it long for Loft to chase

I think he'll be off very soon. Regbha will be first choice, and Will Russ won't be far behind in coming through to the U23's. 

On ‎01‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 03:32, Ric Flair said:

Interesting he mentions Celtic wanted him the season previous...

Celtic want anyone that is free...