Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

Wow 35 minutes in before somebody slags Matty.

Sorry about that, I get it now opinions on under 23 games are banned. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

....Notts County?

I really cannot see him near the first team again.  Kapi has looked lively as has the Admiral and Hirst.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

I really cannot see him near the first team again.  Kapi has looked lively as has the Admiral and Hirst.

Give him a chance. 

We all know what he's capable of when fully fit and Brendan has already praised him and said he would fit into his system if he can put his injury woes behind him. 

Tonight is the start of a long journey of getting back to full match fitness. If he can (and it's a big IF) he'll no doubt have a role to play in the future, especially only being 28. 

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I thought I heard someone slagging him off before kickoff but then I realised what they'd actually said is "Is that Matty James limbering up"

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can't help but feel like this article is heavily pointing the finger at the fact our current academy is win at all costs and filling the team with 20+ year old players compared to what a lot of academies in our league do. Hopefully Rodgers will start to have some input in to changing things, it's quite scandalous that only 1 U18 players from last season has been promoted regularly to the U23's this season.

Good example George Thomas does a decent job for the u23s but he’s 23 this year I believe is he ever likely to get in the 1st team squad never mind a start I doubt it, why is he still here should be playing for a lower league team and working his way up the leagues if he’s good enough

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, davieG said:

Good example George Thomas does a decent job for the u23s but he’s 23 this year I believe is he ever likely to get in the 1st team squad never mind a start I doubt it, why is he still here should be playing for a lower league team and working his way up the leagues if he’s good enough

100%

our development squad is very non developmental in many respects .....

brendan is telling it as it is ... we should have some U18’s playing 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

I’ve not been watching it but noticed that Calvin Ughelumba’s not playing. Have they said why? I fancied him for a spot on the bench tomorrow, looks a fine prospect at LB, as does the slightly younger Luke Thomas.

A bit before the match they said something about "for obvious reasons" but no idea what those reasons are -- so might be at beginning of broadcast. Eppiah also not in squad. With Vardy unavailable, I wouldn't be surprised to see Eppiah on the bench; and if Ughelumba can make the step, left back is a place we will need someone after Fuchs leaves; also wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

A bit before the match they said something about "for obvious reasons" but no idea what those reasons are -- so might be at beginning of broadcast. Eppiah also not in squad. With Vardy unavailable, I wouldn't be surprised to see Eppiah on the bench; and if Ughelumba can make the step, left back is a place we will need someone after Fuchs leaves; also wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench.

Themightyfin claims he's 4th choice in the U23's though so would be surprising, I'd love to see him involved though.

.. watching the U23s last night it appeared that we had ran out of steam. We were 3-0 up and Wolves looked like the team who were in the ascendancy. 

We start out well and pressed them well, with great interplay and backing each other up. As we approached  half time our work rate dropped significantly and Wolves had chances. It could so easily have ended level with the chances created by Wolves but their poor finishing made the score line unreal. 

We were not so much controlling the game as our conditioning is not what it should be.