Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

Just now, jonthefox said:

Yeah thought so . Having a decent game. 

Usually does play well for the u23s, really though he could have used another loan this season

Turns 23 in March and his contract is up at the end of the season and I doubt they will renew it

.. after going 2 up we went defensive instead of pushing for the third and retaining possession. 

We need to get the agricultural stuff out of our game as we started to go long with no support for Hirst. We looked very good prior to the second goal and need to continue that mindset for the 90 minutes. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. after going 2 up we went defensive instead of pushing for the third and retaining possession. 

We need to get the agricultural stuff out of our game as we started to go long with no support for Hirst. We looked very good prior to the second goal and need to continue that mindset for the 90 minutes. 

Rodgers saying today that he wants the U23s to play like the first team. Not too sure that Beaglehole is the man for that job.

1 hour ago, January47 said:

What was Benkovic like?

.. looked pretty assured!! 

Just need him to get to full fitness, then he will be as good as Caglar. When we got them both in I felt he was better than Cags, especially when recovering possession, he is quick and makes it all seem easy. Caglar now controls the barge from behind and that was going to be his downfall in order to progress. 

He will save us a fortune if he can stay fit. 

20 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Just need him to get to full fitness, then he will be as good as Caglar. When we got them both in I felt he was better than Cags, especially when recovering possession, he is quick and makes it all seem easy. Caglar now controls the barge from behind and that was going to be his downfall in order to progress. 

he should start in the FA Cup game at least, probably the Everton one too

On 09/12/2019 at 20:20, moore_94 said:

Usually does play well for the u23s, really though he could have used another loan this season

Turns 23 in March and his contract is up at the end of the season and I doubt they will renew it

I think he needs to move on for the good of his career

22 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

he should start in the FA Cup game at least, probably the Everton one too

I would like to see him on the bench for one of the 214 games between now and February, and start looking to the reality of a post-Morgan future. Problem is, if Evans gets hurts, you'd want Morgan's experience, not Benko coming in from the U23's. If we'd just managed to nip 7th last year, all these guys would be getting a run out during Europa League dead rubbers....

But putting him out on loan just seems to create the problem of having to sign someone else who will be behind Morgan in the pecking order.

Edited by MarriedaLeicesterGirl
I can't spell

On 09/12/2019 at 19:27, Ric Flair said:

I hope Eppiah hasn't picked up another injury....

Hes not it's just the fact hes 4th choice behind

Muskwe

Hurst and 

Reghba are all in front in the pecking order right now.

He was made available for loan at the start if the season but no league club came in for him presumably because of his injury record.

Hes a long way from getting in the U23s 11 never mind the first team.

At his age although never say never I think hes destined to have a career around the lower leagues at best. 

41 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Muskwe

Hurst and 

He was made available for loan at the start if the season but no league club came in for him presumably because of his injury record.

At his age although never say never I think hes destined to have a career around the lower leagues at best. 

Yet in most peoples opinion he's the best of the bunch? Id be looking at getting at least 2 of them out on loan. Im sure Hurst would attract a lot of interest seeing as he was breaking through at Wednesday. 

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

Muskwe

Hurst and 

... Reghba seems to have regressed and I am a big fan of Hirst. 

Eppiah should be used as a wide forward to match the formation of the first team. He is too good to be languishing as a 4th choice striker!! 

2 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Muskwe

Hurst and 

Wow, he's been superb for the U23's since he's overcome his injuries. I really hope he gets a loan move, his display in the cup game away at Grimsby might have made a few clubs take note. Prior to the injuries he was so highly rated.

6 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Muskwe

Hurst and 

He was still injured at start of the season so I can understand no one taking him. He’s looked decent so far, the most skillful of the strikers I’ve thought.

14 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Muskwe

Hurst and 

Made available for loan at start of season? At a time when he had been out of action for over 12 months?? 

• Like 1

Problem for a lot of the u23 boys is their wages. Some earn significantly more than the average League 1 player and League 1 or 2 clubs are understandably reluctant to pay un unproven loanee more than some of their established players. Leicester dont help the situation as they usually insist on the loan club paying a very high % of the players wages, rather than paying the bulk in order to let the player get some first team experience. Certain players over the last couple of years, however, have benefited from Leicester paying 100% of their wage, which obviously makes taking the player on loan much more appealing.

5 minutes ago, Fspen2 said:

Dont know who you are getting your information from, but it is incorrect. 

Can you please tell me what was incorrect ?

I stated yes 4th choice....and he is

I stayed he was offered out on loan and no league clubs cane in for him at the start if the season.Then I guessed probably because of his injury record.

And that's true also.

So what exactly have I said that is not true?