Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

17 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

But similar rules, six month loan deals. Clubs take players in need to know they are going to be hit rather than a short term gamble they can risk. 

Ive just been through the Eredivisie teams and of the five players I found loaned from English clubs, only one of them had appeared in more than six matches 

international loan deals aren't subject to those rules FIFA consider them to be temporary transfers and judge them the same way they would if the club bought him, yes you have to get them to the right team but playing against players younger than them doesn't help anyone

Edited by Jimmy

6 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

international loan deals aren't subject to those rules FIFA consider them to be temporary transfers and judge them the same way they would if the club bought him, yes you have to get them to the right team but playing against players younger than them doesn't help anyone

Okay my original point was that the opportunity for loan deal is vastly reduced on previous seasons. Yes loaning them abroad is an option but the loaning club has to be confident that the player they are getting will be worth the wages and playing time. 

Guest An Sionnach
1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

George Thomas and George Hurst both interesting Lincoln. 

Hirst in particular is a player to keep, every team needs a big forward in my opinion.

31 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Playing away to Newport in the Efl trophy quarter finals

31 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Our U21s away at Newport in the EFL Trophy.

Were away at Newport in the EFL trophy. 

35 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Playing away to Newport in the Efl trophy quarter finals

35 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Our U21s away at Newport in the EFL Trophy.

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

We're away at Newport in the EFL trophy. 

Anyone know who we've got in the quarter final draw?

31 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

we can play king and james …… be just like last year !

Getting Jamew fit in usual u23s is fine. But I wish we’d stop playing prem level seniors in the lower league cup competitions tbh.

39 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Getting Jamew fit in usual u23s is fine. But I wish we’d stop playing prem level seniors in the lower league cup competitions tbh.

Why if it helps to maintain their 'match' fitness plus the benefit of the youngsters playing alongside and hopefully learning from them?

32 minutes ago, davieG said:

Why if it helps to maintain their 'match' fitness plus the benefit of the youngsters playing alongside and hopefully learning from them?

Lower league teams will take these cups more seriously. For us it means nearly nothing. And using prem players to casually knock out lower league teams seems unfair.

I’ve no objection to seniors playing in the usual u23 games of course.

15 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Lower league teams will take these cups more seriously. For us it means nearly nothing. And using prem players to casually knock out lower league teams seems unfair.

Speak for yourself pal, I have coveted the EFL Leasing Trophy more than most... and gives another trophy to brag about in our repertoire of chants. 

"Champions of EFL Leasing Trophy, you'll never sing that"

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Ok misunderstood. I don't think we should even be in these cup competitions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

Speak for yourself pal, I have coveted the EFL Leasing Trophy more than most... and gives another trophy to brag about in our repertoire of chants. 

"Champions of EFL Leasing Trophy, you'll never sing that"

The chant will only work if you ensure you add the .com to the end of Leasing.

When does the u23 loan window close? I think someone said new rules make it less profitable to take on loans but I’d be sad if none of these got a loan. Bren doesn’t seem to be uttering any murmurings about direct routes into first team so loans look the best bet.

20 hours ago, st albans fox said:

the goals against Tranmere lacked any sort of 'Rodgers ball' about them !

We won.

Now the U21s can beat the team that Wes Morgan's lads failed to beat for Puel.

20 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Just out of interest, how many Prem players have we used so far in the competition? 
Genuine question and not having a dig.

Edit: Just has a look at the line ups for the 5 games we have played so far and can only see Jakupović who has played in the Premier League in any of the games and he appears to be rotated with Johansson.

Edited by Aus Fox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Just out of interest, how many Prem players have we used so far in the competition? 
Genuine question and not having a dig.

Edit: Just has a look at the line ups for the 5 games we have played so far and can only see Jakupović who has played in the Premier League in any of the games and he appears to be rotated with Johansson.

James and Benk that I can recall