Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

3 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Hirst and Eppiah's agents are going to be looking outwards very soon . They are in their twenties now and being pros. they will want more money. Personally I would pick either of them above Demairi Gray and he is probably on north of £50,000 a week.

Had you made the same comment pre-restart I'd have maybe agreed. But since then Gray has been one of our top contributors from the bench. 

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach
31 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Had you made the same comment pre-restart I'd have maybe agreed. But since then Gray has been one of our top contributors from the bench. 

Money talks very loudly of course but Gray now has very little playing time. If he was back with Brum he would be a starter most weeks but of course on a lot less money. He lacks the sharp brain for top class football but would be fine in the championship.

13 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Probably a slight over exaggeration from me given the only name I can think of is George Thomas currently. Could argue Kaputska too. We just have a habit of stocking average talent and blocking progression of those with talent. 

I guess it's hard to say. Players with decent national youth experience who go nowhere are my own personal benchmark. Luke Thomas is the only one, I think, who fits that description and it's still early doors. Eppiah has some too but his injuries make assessing his progress difficult. I never saw Thomas as a potential tbh but then I thought the same with KDH and he's been doing excellently.

• Like 1

has Luke Thomas signed a contract recently? he could be the next to reject it and leave, if I couldn't get on the bench over Matty James when there is zero full back cover I'd be calling my agent

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jimmy said:

has Luke Thomas signed a contract recently? he could be the next to reject it and leave, if I couldn't get on the bench over Matty James when there is zero full back cover I'd be calling my agent

He’s got a good lot of England u17 and u18 experience, and as a captain, and he’s been in lcfc u23s for a year. I was surprised that he didn’t go out on loan in jan. But they everyone raves about Hirst and someone on here claimed no one wanted him in jan. But still Thomas looks, on paper, the best long term bet from our academy. Someone’s past successes doesn’t guarantee their future and obviously a lot of factors are involved but it would seem like an academy failure if he doesn’t both want to stay and also reach premier league level eventually

Edited by Foxxed

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

George Thomas joins QPR, decent move for him.

Superb move for him considering his last meaningful loan spell was at a Scunthorpe side that got relegated from League One. Best of luck to him.

58 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Surprised he didn’t go back to Cov if he’s going to be playing at that level. 

In their financial state can they afford to offer 3 years with the option of another? Qpr had a solid season in championship so guess he sees that as more appealing than a relegation scrap? 

Edited by Lesta2014