Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Fantasy Premier League 2019/2020

• 1 month later...

Tempted with Salah triple captain today. Should be up to getting back to winning ways against an open Bournemouth side. But they've got Atletico mid week so will he change players around (and/or sub them off if they're winning easily on the hour mark) 

18 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Tempted with Salah triple captain today. Should be up to getting back to winning ways against an open Bournemouth side. But they've got Atletico mid week so will he change players around (and/or sub them off if they're winning easily on the hour mark) 

There's a risk of rotation there in my opinion, wait until right up to the deadline, as Liverpool are up first you're likely to get some leaked team news about 10 minutes before the GW deadline. 

If he starts and you fancy it, go for it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

Just the 19 points sat on my bench as Barnes rips apart the relegation fodder, come on Pep, do the right thing and rest KDB for Saturday/Madrid. 

No, thank you. KDB to play and have at least a goal or an assist.

I have Grealish as my first bench player (2 points this gameweek). He shall stay put.

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

Lundstram on the bench with Sheff Utd at home to the bottom side is silly tbf. You deserve everything you get for that :ph34r: lol

He hadn't started any of their their last four league games! The new signing Berge seemingly had his spot. 

Persisted with Ricardo/Barnes/Vardy despite not getting much out of them lately - finally some payoff :D Only one in my minileague to have Barnes so thats a nice little differential there.

Captained KdB and had Robertson in defense, but now with the Man City game postponed I've got another 9 points from Salah VC, and the Robertson auto-sub brings on... Lundstram. Love it when things work out like that - although I've had enough weeks where its gone the opposite way (Mane TC...) to more than balance things out lol

Thankfully still got my wildcard, FH and BB, whereas a few of those ahead of me in my cash league have wasted their wildcard/FH/TC this week (with captain Aubameyang lol). If the rest of the season goes ahead it could end up being a pretty tight finish...

17 hours ago, The Bear said:

He hadn't started any of their their last four league games! The new signing Berge seemingly had his spot. 

Exactly why I benched him. Gonna put him back in considering they've got Newcastle on Sat.

• 2 months later...

We're back :D

Unlimited transfers until next Wednesday (5pm deadline), keep your team value and all remaining chips. DGW for Man City, Arsenal, Aston Villa and Sheffield United right off the bat, then it should be standard gameweeks from there on (pending any covid-related postponements).

Should be an interesting one, for sure. Difficult to tell how teams are going to set up, form has gone completely out of the window, some games are at neutral grounds and even for the ones that aren't, home advantage is massively reduced (judging by the bundesliga).

What's everyone else thinking? I'd not looked at my team since transferring Ricardo out immediately after the Villa game and wasn't really bothered about FPL at all, but now I've spent 5 minutes tinkering I've been sucked right back into it. Still have my Free Hit, Bench Boost and my second WildCard to use with some decent cash in the bank, so I've been able to set it up quite nicely for the next few weeks. Salah was eating up a lot of the budget, but with the rearranged game weeks theres a lot of very good value elsewhere and I've been able to balance it out fairly well.

Only 20 points off the top in my cash league (very tight with about 8 of us still in contention) but I think one or two will drop off, and for the rest its anyone's game...

1 hour ago, Xen said:

We're back :D

Unlimited transfers until next Wednesday (5pm deadline), keep your team value and all remaining chips. DGW for Man City, Arsenal, Aston Villa and Sheffield United right off the bat, then it should be standard gameweeks from there on (pending any covid-related postponements).

Should be an interesting one, for sure. Difficult to tell how teams are going to set up, form has gone completely out of the window, some games are at neutral grounds and even for the ones that aren't, home advantage is massively reduced (judging by the bundesliga).

What's everyone else thinking? I'd not looked at my team since transferring Ricardo out immediately after the Villa game and wasn't really bothered about FPL at all, but now I've spent 5 minutes tinkering I've been sucked right back into it. Still have my Free Hit, Bench Boost and my second WildCard to use with some decent cash in the bank, so I've been able to set it up quite nicely for the next few weeks. Salah was eating up a lot of the budget, but with the rearranged game weeks theres a lot of very good value elsewhere and I've been able to balance it out fairly well.

Only 20 points off the top in my cash league (very tight with about 8 of us still in contention) but I think one or two will drop off, and for the rest its anyone's game...

I too have BB, WC and FH. In my opinion I've got a great team as it stands for a normal gameweek and I'm really finding it hard to change it for GW30+. 

Therefore it's likely that I will BB 30+ and then WC 31+ to leave my free hit remaining. Given the fixtures I do feel the potential for points is not massive in 30+ despite the double. But I am doing remarkably well this year considering I haven't broken into the top 1 million since Leicester won the league or ever broken the top 200,000. Let's just say I'm currently inside the top 1000....

Covid ruins everything.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

Therefore it's likely that I will BB 30+ and then WC 31+ to leave my free hit remaining. Given the fixtures I do feel the potential for points is not massive in 30+ despite the double. But I am doing remarkably well this year considering I haven't broken into the top 1 million since Leicester won the league or ever broken the top 200,000. Let's just say I'm currently inside the top 1000....

Planning the same strategy here. I've set my team up to make good use of the BB in week 30 (without going overboard, the fixtures are good but not amazing) then wildcarding straight after to finish making a few changes that don't quite make sense this week and free up some ££. Keeping an eye on Liverpool and Man City for rotation as they're both in unique situations with/without the title/CL respectively. Free Hit probably in W38 as anything can happen.

I'm just inside the top 200k at the moment, but top 100k isn't too far ahead and with some people probably not returning for the new gameweeks I'd like to think I could close that gap. That'd be my best ever finish despite a few really strong starts in recent years, so it'd be nice if I can keep it up.