Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Fantasy Premier League 2019/2020

Liverpool line-up was leaked early this week (i.e. just before the deadline), and if I'd known about it I could've made my planned transfer for this week (Robertson > Kelly) early to make an extra few points... Damnit.

Ended up going to Rico instead before his price rise this morning, though, which gives me a few extra in the bank and - providing he doesn't rise before then - enough to bring in Kane next week for Jimenez rather than waiting another week and doing a double transfer to be able to afford it. Although with Jimenez' form I'm wondering if that will be a mistake... 

Son would be even harder to bring in unless I drop Maddison, so thats not an option, and already have Alli...

Through in the cup - mostly thanks to KdB - and I resisted the temptation to TC Vardy, so pretty happy with how this week turned out.

I'm doing better this year than last, but my friend I'm really competing against is still beating me. In his first season :(  It's a shame that the FPL gameweeks are now for individual games, so that the boosts (bench/captain) don't affect multiple games anymore - but I guess we can see why :P 

2 hours ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

A tale of two days, had Vardy, Ings, De Bruyne, Grealish all score decent points. Along with clean sheets for Fernandez and Lundstram, the score was looking good. 

Cue Abraham, Lucas Moura and Captain Son to crash the party. 

My captaincy choices are shocking. 

It's my failure to captainalize the right people that's helping my friend beat me too - (his Vardy vs my De Bruyne this week for example).  50 pts between us now :(

26 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

I'm doing better this year than last, but my friend I'm really competing against is still beating me. In his first season :(  It's a shame that the FPL gameweeks are now for individual games, so that the boosts (bench/captain) don't affect multiple games anymore - but I guess we can see why :P 

Its the same every season - the gameweeks will look like they're all single matches now, but once the FA cup kicks off and those plus CL/EL games cause PL games to get moved there'll be a few more double- and blank- gameweeks. They're usually around GW 29 and GW 34-35, iirc.

5 hours ago, Xen said:

Its the same every season - the gameweeks will look like they're all single matches now, but once the FA cup kicks off and those plus CL/EL games cause PL games to get moved there'll be a few more double- and blank- gameweeks. They're usually around GW 29 and GW 34-35, iirc.

Was boxing day a gameweek all to itself last year too? I can't remember... 

The 9 changes yesterday, combined with Spurs generally being crap, might've just lost me the cup this week... Praying for a boring 1-1 draw in the Liverpool/Wolves game with own goals from TAA and Jimenez... lol

Edited by Xen

9 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

Captained Vardy today.

Gutted.

I had De Bruyne as my captain (Vardy's in the team, but they get replaced if they don't play, don't they?)  Knew I should have given it to Madderz, though - I still really suck with my Captainalizing...  Still, had a good day though, compared to my friend. (54 vs 38) - I'm catching up!