Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Fantasy Premier League 2019/2020

6 hours ago, Xen said:

Planning the same strategy here. I've set my team up to make good use of the BB in week 30 (without going overboard, the fixtures are good but not amazing) then wildcarding straight after to finish making a few changes that don't quite make sense this week and free up some ££. Keeping an eye on Liverpool and Man City for rotation as they're both in unique situations with/without the title/CL respectively. Free Hit probably in W38 as anything can happen.

I'm just inside the top 200k at the moment, but top 100k isn't too far ahead and with some people probably not returning for the new gameweeks I'd like to think I could close that gap. That'd be my best ever finish despite a few really strong starts in recent years, so it'd be nice if I can keep it up.

I'm keeping the players I've built a lot of value with (TAA, Mane, Salah, De Bruyne, Vardy). Then ditching the rest and going for 9 DGW players I think, albeit I might keep Doherty and go to 8 DGW players. I just can't see the DGW being that massive of an upside. 

I'm taking a risk by keeping those guys and not bringing in Auba/Aguero but longer term I just see that being the better strategy. If the title ends up going early to the Scousers then can always drop Mane/Salah to spread value elsewhere. 

Gone for similar as well - stocking up for the double game week then wildcarding back to something more suited for the next 6-7.

Still unsure on captaining KdB or Aguero, probably sticking with the Belgian as he might be more likely to play 180... I hope.

D7EC4BEE-2E41-4FD4-9B3D-2456F672127C.png

22 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I have no WC and dont want to load my team full of dgw players I may want to get rid of so will use my TC this GW. 

Biggest ? is strikers. Need to wait one game to see who looks sharpest.

Everyone has a 'wildcard' to change their team before tomorrow's deadline?

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

Everyone has a 'wildcard' to change their team before tomorrow's deadline?

I think he means he doesn't have a wildcard to change it back to a sensible team after double gameweek

O'Connell and Fleck both supposedly injured for Sheffield, rumours that O'Connell could be out for the season, even. 

He was only ever a 1 week punt for the DGW and he's easy enough to switch out for Egan/Basham but it could catch a few people out, especially if Fleck is also unavailable. Thats all dependent on if its true, of course...

Gone full in for DW with Bench Boost. I don’t even have a wildcard but am going kamikaze. Fvck it. You only live once. Keep switching between KdB and Aguero. Reckon Kev will play more minutes but there’s always a chance Aguero goes mad and nets 5 ina game. X 

26A0B572-B18A-47D5-BA5E-9CFAC180A35E.jpeg

10 hours ago, RobHawk said:

I think he means he doesn't have a wildcard to change it back to a sensible team after double gameweek. 

If you still have your Wildcard that's a good idea. I just have the free hit left which auto-switches back to the current team.

Think this is my final team, decided to keep my city spine and got auba in for Salah. 

Gone all in for double game week with a full 12 players and bench boosted it too. 

Also can't decide on El capitan 

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Lol at everyone with Aguero in their fantasy team.... On the bench.

Feeling pretty good tbh, he'll likely come on and we still have another game this week. Glad I went with kdb as el capitan though. 

0-0 first game was perfect for me, over 30 points already.

This week is going to be really high scoring after that start, the caveats would be blanks (as we stand) for Aguero and Auba. 

I'd imagine loads of people had triple Sheff U defence, plus maybe 1 Villa. Then KDB and Sterling scoring well will be popular.

Tonight alone I'd imagine if you've not got 50+ you're not above the average. 

70 points from 2 games, and still a full 15 still to play. Lovely stuff.

Of course, pretty much everyone who I'm competing with in my mini-leagues scored at least 60 so its largely irrelevant...

On a separate note, if you want to see live score/table updates including (predicted) BPS, fplgameweek.com is an excellent site for it. Updates in near-realtime including captaincy and auto subs, and lets you compare exactly how your rivals are doing plus who they have left to play. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Shocking week. Way behind at work now.

Took Riyad out for Mane and captained Aguero. 

Riyad ad already on 2 goals and Aguero has gone off lol 

I did all my transfers but forgot to change my captain lol 

Had Jimenez (not too bad) but could have had De Bruyne!

• Haha 1

Fantastic week - 126 points with a lucky Mahrez pick :D and KdB captain. Annoyingly I kept Robertson thinking he might be fit so got nothing from that, Mahrez' 59th minute sub cost me 2pts and the last minute equaliser wiped Justin's CS. Shouldn't complain too much, but when my minileague's leader (who I've held a genuine grudge against since uni 5 years ago...) matches my score to stay 20pts ahead, those extra little things kinda sting haha.

Few tough decisions to make on my WC this week. 

• Currently got Pope, swapping to either Dubravka or Patricio
  • Bringing in Aurier, unsure if I should take out Justin, Lundstram (OOP but not guaranteed to play) or Robinson (leaves me with 0 itb)
  • Do I keep Barnes, or is Traore with nicer fixtures too good to pass up?

Barnes and Lundstram have both risen since I bought them so taking them out will cost me team value - not sure if its at the stage where I can disregard that just yet...

Thought about it, decided to go Pope+Lundstram > Dubravka+Aurier and leaving Traore (for now, that may change before 5pm...). Picking my XI is ridiculously tough now and I just know I'm going to get burnt - KdB has the worst fixture (Chelsea away) and rotation risk, but I know if I bench Barnes he's going to end up having a game like the one against Villa.