Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Anorak

Europa League 19/20

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

@The Bear you happy with that draw?

Some fantastic away trips there. 

Got to be happy with that draw. Very winnable group. Besiktas away will be tasty as fvck! 

Nuno comes from Guimares which is 16 miles away from Braga, so he'll probably enjoy that one. 

Just seen the news that Europa League away tickets are to be capped at €45 this season, which is good news for all fans. 

• Like 1

if you plan on going for more than just the match, i’d go to porto tbh. it’s about an hour on the train and costs like 3 euros if i remember right. 

the stadium is amazing for like 10 minutes but it’s pretty dead once you get over the fact half of it is a cliff face. 

16 hours ago, The Bear said:

Got to be happy with that draw. Very winnable group. Besiktas away will be tasty as fvck! 

Nuno comes from Guimares which is 16 miles away from Braga, so he'll probably enjoy that one. 

Just seen the news that Europa League away tickets are to be capped at €45 this season, which is good news for all fans. 

Guimarães v Braga is the big derby in north of Portugal. 

Besiktas won’t be bad; it’s the nearest footy ground to Taskim Square, so very tourist. If it was Fener or Gala, then that’s a bit more complicated. 

I see the Bratislava away game is likely to be behind closed doors. 

Tbf our tickets weren’t badly priced in the group stages, it’s the latter stages where it’s eye watering 

• Like 1

On 30/08/2019 at 16:27, ScouseFox said:

braga is pretty crap like 

On 30/08/2019 at 17:21, The Bear said:

I'm sure it's more interesting than Wolverhampton! 

It's basically Jorge Mendes FC vs. Jorge Mendes FC!

Should be a feisty affair, with both teams built on such different grounds... :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

APOEL Nicosia vs. Dudelange... 0-1, 3-2, 3-4. lol

Luxembourg respect!

Noticed that, what a result for them.

Never thought I'd see a Luxembourg club in the Europa League, makes the dream of a Northern Ireland club in the Europa League not entirely impossible.

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Pity Wolfsburger didnt draw Wolfsburg.

I consider my footballing knowledge as pretty decent but I love the fact that almost every year there is at least one team in the Europa League that I've never heard of before.

Ahem.

Wolfsberger AC, WAC, RZ Pellets WAC.

Austrian football is fvcked in terms of sponsorship deals. lol Salzburg aren't the only ones with a silly club name. Also, they tend to change names on a yearly basis.

2-0 now for the Carinthian Wolves. lol

11 minutes ago, SAFC1 said:

Anyone watch Arsenal earlier? 18 y/o winger Bukayo Saka looks a real talent. He was superb. 

First half hour he looked a little lost and perhaps just nervous. After that he did become more of a presence in the game and influential. The goal was very good.

Thought Keown, Hargreaves and Hartson hyped him up far too much during/after the game.