Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Anorak

Europa League 19/20

9 hours ago, Mark_w said:

Here's Killie's 19 page thread about their trip to Serbia in the next round. https://www.killiefc.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7749-trip-to-serbia/ :giggle:

Christ, not even we are that presumptuous!

Might still be a decent trip though, go in the Connah's Quays end, share some Celt love and back their team.

Edited by Nalis

21 hours ago, spacemunky said:

I like looking at the scores in the Europa qualifying and trying to guess where the teams are from. :wes:

I do that as well. Impossible job even if you've spent half your life playing footy manager!

Worth watching some highlights of these rounds as well sometimes, regularly more dramatic than the often drab group stage later on. Striker from the Maltese team that beat Hadjuk scored two beauties. 

On 19/07/2019 at 09:30, isaidno said:

That's hilarious,  the prices that they have paid for the flights. 

No re-fund for them either.

What a waste of a season eh?

Might as well come 5th/6th...

Mind you its the of thing we would have done had we got into Europe.

Why were Wolves playing a competitive game at Molineux 5 days after playing a friendly in China against Man City? Couldn't they have just cancelled their appearance in the Asia Trophy once they knew they'd be playing European football?

I know it's only Crusaders but at this stage of the 'season', anything can happen and their European dream could've been over before it began. Just seems weird to me.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

The China tour was a huge step for promoting the club and the owners over there. They opened a new Wolves Megastore there at the beginning of the tournament and had lots of events planned. It couldn't really be cancelled. 

Even better for you I'd imagine with the PR nightmare Man City have had out there.

You do need to bulk out the squad though, much news on incomings?

8 hours ago, The Bear said:

The China tour was a huge step for promoting the club and the owners over there. They opened a new Wolves Megastore there at the beginning of the tournament and had lots of events planned. It couldn't really be cancelled. 

Fair point I suppose. All I know is that, if it were Leicester and we did a Kilmarnock because we were ill-prepared due to being thousands of miles away a few days before, I'd be furious. I guess the point is moot seeing as you did win, although the second leg in Belfast could be tasty.

I hope you give the Europa League a good go. I like seeing teams outside the top 6 do well in it. Fulham's run to the final was incredible, and Middlesbrough's was just fascinating, I don't know how they did it!

It'd be nice if we both sneak into the top 6 this season as well :thumbup:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Even better for you I'd imagine with the PR nightmare Man City have had out there.

You do need to bulk out the squad though, much news on incomings?

Cutrone is almost over the line. Just a medical to sort this week, and we've bid for Dani Olmo who looks a baller. 

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

Fair point I suppose. All I know is that, if it were Leicester and we did a Kilmarnock because we were ill-prepared due to being thousands of miles away a few days before, I'd be furious. I guess the point is moot seeing as you did win, although the second leg in Belfast could be tasty.

I hope you give the Europa League a good go. I like seeing teams outside the top 6 do well in it. Fulham's run to the final was incredible, and Middlesbrough's was just fascinating, I don't know how they did it!

It'd be nice if we both sneak into the top 6 this season as well :thumbup:

Fulham beat some pretty decent teams on the way too and Boro came from 3-0 down twice as well - must have been quite a journey.

Knowing us we would have probably lost in the 1st round....we never do well in early rounds of cup competitions!

Good luck to Wolves - deserve to be there and sure they will take the competition seriously - just to help increase the profile of the club.

• Like 1

Couple of surprises tonight.

AEK Larnaca beating Levski Sofia 7-0 on aggregate

Riga overcoming Piast Gliwice

Qabala out

Minnows FC Vaduz beating Fehervar (formerly known as Videoton FC) 2-1 on aggregate

Jablonec losing out against Pyunik (Armenia)

Utrecht out against Mostar

Sturm Graz out against Haugesund

Congrats to Aberdeen, Rangers, Linfield, 

Shamrock put up a great fight against Apollon Limassol.