Anorak Posted 18 July 2019 Posted 18 July 2019 Always some interesting results in the early qualifying rounds and this year is no exception with both Kilmarnock and Hadjuk Split being humbled by minnows.
Mark_w Posted 18 July 2019 Posted 18 July 2019 Here's Killie's 19 page thread about their trip to Serbia in the next round. https://www.killiefc.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7749-trip-to-serbia/
spacemunky Posted 18 July 2019 Posted 18 July 2019 I like looking at the scores in the Europa qualifying and trying to guess where the teams are from.
Tuna Posted 18 July 2019 Posted 18 July 2019 Excellent result for Connah's Quay who are semi-professional.
Nalis Posted 19 July 2019 Posted 19 July 2019 9 hours ago, Mark_w said: Here's Killie's 19 page thread about their trip to Serbia in the next round. https://www.killiefc.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7749-trip-to-serbia/ Christ, not even we are that presumptuous! Might still be a decent trip though, go in the Connah's Quays end, share some Celt love and back their team.
isaidno Posted 19 July 2019 Posted 19 July 2019 9 hours ago, Mark_w said: Here's Killie's 19 page thread about their trip to Serbia in the next round. https://www.killiefc.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7749-trip-to-serbia/ That's hilarious, the prices that they have paid for the flights.
foxes_rule1978 Posted 19 July 2019 Posted 19 July 2019 Scottish football; the gift that keeps giving.
Anorak Posted 19 July 2019 Author Posted 19 July 2019 21 hours ago, spacemunky said: I like looking at the scores in the Europa qualifying and trying to guess where the teams are from. I do that as well. Impossible job even if you've spent half your life playing footy manager! Worth watching some highlights of these rounds as well sometimes, regularly more dramatic than the often drab group stage later on. Striker from the Maltese team that beat Hadjuk scored two beauties.
Super_horns Posted 20 July 2019 Posted 20 July 2019 On 19/07/2019 at 09:30, isaidno said: That's hilarious, the prices that they have paid for the flights. No re-fund for them either. What a waste of a season eh? Might as well come 5th/6th... Mind you its the of thing we would have done had we got into Europe.
irishfoxkev Posted 25 July 2019 Posted 25 July 2019 Watching Wolves v Crusaders ....80 mins of total Wolves possession but only one nil.......Really struggling to break down the massed defense of the part timers from Belfast with an annual wage budget of £90k compared to Wolves 80 odd million
irishfoxkev Posted 25 July 2019 Posted 25 July 2019 Fluke of a 2nd goal with virtually last kick of the match 2 nil
MC Prussian Posted 26 July 2019 Posted 26 July 2019 10 hours ago, irishfoxkev said: Fluke of a 2nd goal with virtually last kick of the match 2 nil Thanks to a moment by the Crusaders goalkeeper. Great cross into the box, but the keeper should do better there.
ALC Fox Posted 27 July 2019 Posted 27 July 2019 Why were Wolves playing a competitive game at Molineux 5 days after playing a friendly in China against Man City? Couldn't they have just cancelled their appearance in the Asia Trophy once they knew they'd be playing European football? I know it's only Crusaders but at this stage of the 'season', anything can happen and their European dream could've been over before it began. Just seems weird to me.
The Bear Posted 27 July 2019 Posted 27 July 2019 The China tour was a huge step for promoting the club and the owners over there. They opened a new Wolves Megastore there at the beginning of the tournament and had lots of events planned. It couldn't really be cancelled.
Lovejoy Posted 28 July 2019 Posted 28 July 2019 1 hour ago, The Bear said: The China tour was a huge step for promoting the club and the owners over there. They opened a new Wolves Megastore there at the beginning of the tournament and had lots of events planned. It couldn't really be cancelled. Even better for you I'd imagine with the PR nightmare Man City have had out there. You do need to bulk out the squad though, much news on incomings?
ALC Fox Posted 28 July 2019 Posted 28 July 2019 8 hours ago, The Bear said: The China tour was a huge step for promoting the club and the owners over there. They opened a new Wolves Megastore there at the beginning of the tournament and had lots of events planned. It couldn't really be cancelled. Fair point I suppose. All I know is that, if it were Leicester and we did a Kilmarnock because we were ill-prepared due to being thousands of miles away a few days before, I'd be furious. I guess the point is moot seeing as you did win, although the second leg in Belfast could be tasty. I hope you give the Europa League a good go. I like seeing teams outside the top 6 do well in it. Fulham's run to the final was incredible, and Middlesbrough's was just fascinating, I don't know how they did it! It'd be nice if we both sneak into the top 6 this season as well
The Bear Posted 28 July 2019 Posted 28 July 2019 7 hours ago, Lovejoy said: Even better for you I'd imagine with the PR nightmare Man City have had out there. You do need to bulk out the squad though, much news on incomings? Cutrone is almost over the line. Just a medical to sort this week, and we've bid for Dani Olmo who looks a baller.
Super_horns Posted 28 July 2019 Posted 28 July 2019 1 hour ago, ALC Fox said: Fair point I suppose. All I know is that, if it were Leicester and we did a Kilmarnock because we were ill-prepared due to being thousands of miles away a few days before, I'd be furious. I guess the point is moot seeing as you did win, although the second leg in Belfast could be tasty. I hope you give the Europa League a good go. I like seeing teams outside the top 6 do well in it. Fulham's run to the final was incredible, and Middlesbrough's was just fascinating, I don't know how they did it! It'd be nice if we both sneak into the top 6 this season as well Fulham beat some pretty decent teams on the way too and Boro came from 3-0 down twice as well - must have been quite a journey. Knowing us we would have probably lost in the 1st round....we never do well in early rounds of cup competitions! Good luck to Wolves - deserve to be there and sure they will take the competition seriously - just to help increase the profile of the club.
MC Prussian Posted 1 August 2019 Posted 1 August 2019 Couple of surprises tonight. AEK Larnaca beating Levski Sofia 7-0 on aggregate Riga overcoming Piast Gliwice Qabala out Minnows FC Vaduz beating Fehervar (formerly known as Videoton FC) 2-1 on aggregate Jablonec losing out against Pyunik (Armenia) Utrecht out against Mostar Sturm Graz out against Haugesund Congrats to Aberdeen, Rangers, Linfield, Shamrock put up a great fight against Apollon Limassol.
spacemunky Posted 8 August 2019 Posted 8 August 2019 Wolves could just walk the ball around for the rest of this.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.