Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshie is God

Soyuncu

I don't ever remember Slabhead putting in two back to back Motm performances 🤔 in all seriousness though I bloody love where we're at right now as a club. All that moaning and bitching about replacing Maguire, not replacing Maguire. Alot of fans completely overlooked Soyuncu and Benkovic even talk of sending them out on loan, but seriously what a revelation he's been. Well done that man. 

• Like 1

Are people going over the top about his performances because we're desperate to not look bothered about losing Maguire? He's done well, but MOTM on Sunday... really? Revelation? Really?

Edited by Babylon

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Are people going over the top about his performances because we're desperate to not look bothered about losing Maguire? He's done well, but MOTM on Saturday... really? Revelation? Really?

I think he's quite clearly got quality. 

For me he was definitely man of the match against Wolves and was very good against Chelsea. 

Of course only time will tell how consistent or error prone he's going to be but there's clearly enough there to sing his praises. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nwl fox said:

How does he compare to Benkovic from what you've seen @henrik_62

I'm a massive fan of Benkovic and think he could cope with the EPL no problem.  That said, he's now at the point where Soyuncu is becoming proven and ahead of him in the pecking order so it will be interesting to see going forward.  Haven't seen enough of Soyuncu other than the past two games to compare properly tbh.

Obviously there's still question marks about Benkovic. Of course they raved about him in the SPL but when he's stepped up to a higher level like Croatia U21s and Leicester U23s we haven't seen much to indicate that he makes a difference. 

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

Obviously there's still question marks about Benkovic. Of course they raved about him in the SPL but when he's stepped up to a higher level like Croatia U21s and Leicester U23s we haven't seen much to indicate that he makes a difference. 

Don't bite @henrik_62

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I think he's quite clearly got quality. 

For me he was definitely man of the match against Wolves and was very good against Chelsea. 

Of course only time will tell how consistent or error prone he's going to be but there's clearly enough there to sing his praises. 

No doubt, just seems to have gone well above solid praise for doing well, to a weird level of fawning over him. 

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Are people going over the top about his performances because we're desperate to not look bothered about losing Maguire? He's done well, but MOTM on Sunday... really? Revelation? Really?

I'm with you on this. He's played well and it looks promising, but as others have pointed out, there were two or three occasions he rushed in, got turned and there was a gap at the back. Its very promsing, but lets give him time and reflect after 10 games or so. He definately deserves a prolonged opportunity based on what we've seen so far and we are all desperate for him to do well

Edited by Jacnah
  • Like 1

He has made a great start 2 tough games 

Former £80m defender hasn’t been missed.

He has looked quite composed and not panicked.

Apart from a goal or assist not sure much more could be asked of him,

averaging 70 passes a game 89 percent accuracy, the same as Maguire

• Like 2