Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshie is God

Soyuncu

1 hour ago, STUHILL said:

Considering it was the opening game of the season, and Rodgers didn't get the set-up quite right so we were constantly exposed to fast counter attacks, I thought Soyuncu did a fantastic job today. He really is a talent and will surely only get better with more games. 

Fast as **** too. A moment before the first half ended where it looked like the had a two on one, he absolutely flew back from the corner to stop the chance.

• Like 4

On 09/08/2019 at 22:34, Dirkster the Fox said:

Probably our biggest question mark player this season now.  None of us really know how this will play out.

He will be nervous, he will take a little time to get into the "swing of things".  He will need our support for sure.

Fingers crossed for the lad.

Thanks for all the positive response to the above message.

Can i just say I thought Calgar did well today. Chuffed for the lad and impressed with the crowd/teammates towards him as well. Up the Foxes!!

Don't forget this is our future (for now), so keep supporting him game on game :)

• Like 2

On 09/08/2019 at 21:34, Paninistickers said:

I do think a lot of people are seeing what they want to see with this guy, rather than seeing what's before them. That's fine. It's human to do so.

He reminds me of Spider Kalac. I had the same dreadful realisation when I first saw him - that this guy actually doesn't know what he's doing.

I genuinely hope you optimists are right and I'm wrong with Soyuncu because from the 3/4 times I've seen him, he looks clueless 

Your hopes are fulfilled!

1 hour ago, PaulW said:

Your hopes are fulfilled!

Partly. I was pleased he had a gentle opener against a limited Wolves attack.

I was willing him.to do well. But  To say he was motm - as many on here are doing - is frankly absurd. Maybe sheer relief plays a part.

He was quick. I liked that. Couple of nice shifts to get out of a tight spot. And he won a couple of vital 50/50s (which easily could've gone against him) by the skin if his teeth.

But I'm pleased for him and he needs - as all players do - a bit of luck to build his confidence. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I was willing him.to do well. But  To say he was motm - as many on here are doing - is frankly absurd. Maybe sheer relief plays a part.

He was quick. I liked that. Couple of nice shifts to get out of a tight spot. And he won a couple of vital 50/50s (which easily could've gone against him) by the skin if his teeth.

But I'm pleased for him and he needs - as all players do - a bit of luck to build his confidence. 

Who was your MOTM?

11 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

8 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I really wish people would use less hyperbolic language on here.  Citing a belief that he was MOTM may be "debatable", it may be "arguable" it may even be just incorrect but one thing it is not is "absurd".  The Leicester Mercury have him as MOTM, 90Min.com have Ricardo, Squawka have him as our best player and Sky have him as their MOTM.  For me he was one of our top 3 players but if you don;t think he was MOTM I can fully understand but "absurd" is clearly OTT as a description for people that thought he was our best player.  I know this is the internet and all but hyperbole, in my opinion, only has the effect of ruining one's own point not strengthening it.  X

Apparently he got a round of applause in the dressing room as well, according to Rodgers.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I really wish people would use less hyperbolic language on here.  Citing a belief that he was MOTM may be "debatable", it may be "arguable" it may even be just incorrect but one thing it is not is "absurd".  The Leicester Mercury have him as MOTM, 90Min.com have Ricardo, Squawka have him as our best player and Sky have him as their MOTM.  For me he was one of our top 3 players but if you don;t think he was MOTM I can fully understand but "absurd" is clearly OTT as a description for people that thought he was our best player.  I know this is the internet and all but hyperbole, in my opinion, only has the effect of ruining one's own point not strengthening it.  X

If Maguire hadn't existed and Soyuncu had played 50 games and wasn't under the spotlight I'm not sure he'd have got MOTM. Ricardo for me looked the best player on the pitch again for us, but he was definitely in the top 3 or 4. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If Maguire hadn't existed and Soyuncu had played 50 games and wasn't under the spotlight I'm not sure he'd have got MOTM. Ricardo for me looked the best player on the pitch again for us, but he was definitely in the top 3 or 4. 

I suppose the toss up is going forward we were dog mess and although Ricardo wasn't to blame for that we still created the square root of fcuk all. Where as at the back, in the 2nd half mainly there was a number of times that Wolves broke and it was a situation that most fans were fearing with Soyuncu left exposed and he was faultless. His pace is a real asset to us compared with the limited movement we've been used to of Morgan and Maguire. Deserved his MOTM and is a great confidence boost for player and fans haha.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I suppose the toss up is going forward we were dog mess and although Ricardo wasn't to blame for that we still created the square root of fcuk all. Where as at the back, in the 2nd half mainly there was a number of times that Wolves broke and it was a situation that most fans were fearing with Soyuncu left exposed and he was faultless. His pace is a real asset to us compared with the limited movement we've been used to of Morgan and Maguire. Deserved his MOTM and is a great confidence boost for player and fans haha.

You could argue he ended up having to use his pace because he'd let his man go :D

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

8 minutes ago, Babylon said:

They were first and second for me ...   Pereira was the only who gave it a go ...   and Caglar (no matter how many times he'd played) stopped them scoring on more than one occasion by showing maturity beyond his years ..  

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Wilf. By an absolute mile.

Wilf was excellent, but so were Ricardo, Evans & Soyuncu.

Based on that performance we've improved defensively in terms of extra pace and aggression, but lost a bit of aerial dominance. Be delighted if Cags can keep up that level.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Apparently he got a round of applause in the dressing room as well, according to Rodgers.

Like Morgan when he got the winner against Burnley.  The way the Leicester team does this seems to symbolise team spirit.  Expensive players in the spotlight encouraging team-mates.

• Like 1