Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshie is God

Soyuncu

10 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I think that is the key thing. You've seen him 3/4 times. Not saying I have seen his 24 caps for Turkey or his two seasons in the Bundesliga, but he is obviously a talent and well thought of by many, including our very own Jonny Evans. 

I definitely think there is more to be optimistic about him than not, and 3/4 games really isn't enough to decide he looks clueless, which I definitely didn't see. 

Well Jonny Evans isn't going to say he's useless is he?.. 

Lord Farquaar maybe an OK CB and eventually become very good... My concern is he's stepping into Maguire's boots with immediate effect and the pressure of that could and probably will be too much. 

• Like 1

He needs to get that first big tackle in, first headed clearance and he'll feel the support.

I think our fan base is pretty good at supporting young lads trying to make the breakthrough. He's at the right club for him to succeed, and I think he will.

:fc:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

Well Jonny Evans isn't going to say he's useless is he?.. 

Lord Farquaar maybe an OK CB and eventually become very good... My concern is he's stepping into Maguire's boots with immediate effect and the pressure of that could and probably will be too much. 

Its not like he arrived last week.

Would hope last season when he didnt get near the team was spent preparing for eventually replacing Maguire.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Probably our biggest question mark player this season now.  None of us really know how this will play out.

He will be nervous, he will take a little time to get into the "swing of things".  He will need our support for sure.

Fingers crossed for the lad.

Love this post. We need to get behind him.  He could be something special.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Royston. said:

Would hope last season when he didnt get near the team was spent preparing for eventually replacing Maguire.

I totally agree with you and that was the reason behind this £19m signing last summer!  

On 09/08/2019 at 22:34, Dirkster the Fox said:

Probably our biggest question mark player this season now.  None of us really know how this will play out.

He will be nervous, he will take a little time to get into the "swing of things".  He will need our support for sure.

Fingers crossed for the lad.

We don't need "fans" getting on his back the first time he makes a mistake. Watching MotD today and both Dunk and Tarkowski made challenges that lead to free-kicks on the edge of the box, which they fortunately didn't concede from. That's what we probably would have had to pay over the odds for and we need perspective that there's probably, really not going to be much in it between Caglar and these guys by the end of the season. Certainly not something worth paying an extra £40m for.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 09/08/2019 at 16:34, Paninistickers said:

I do think a lot of people are seeing what they want to see with this guy, rather than seeing what's before them. That's fine. It's human to do so.

He reminds me of Spider Kalac. I had the same dreadful realisation when I first saw him - that this guy actually doesn't know what he's doing.

I genuinely hope you optimists are right and I'm wrong with Soyuncu because from the 3/4 times I've seen him, he looks clueless 

the same  spider Kalac who ended up at AC Milan for a few years?.

He actually only played 2 games for us so i’m not sure how you can draw  such a steadfast conclusion of his abilities.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

On 09/08/2019 at 21:34, Paninistickers said:

I do think a lot of people are seeing what they want to see with this guy, rather than seeing what's before them. That's fine. It's human to do so.

He reminds me of Spider Kalac. I had the same dreadful realisation when I first saw him - that this guy actually doesn't know what he's doing.

I genuinely hope you optimists are right and I'm wrong with Soyuncu because from the 3/4 times I've seen him, he looks clueless 

His international manager, our recruiting system, and Brendan Rodgers and his team of coaches would seem to disagree with you.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, KingsX said:

Brendan, you can play Chaglar
Yes, he’s gonna be a star
Jawbone bigger than a car

Farquaad we love you …

beep beep m beep beep,  yeah!

509350497_DriveMyCar.JPG.e679bd94c4e5c794b5bbca0e0b13fbaa.JPG

:D somehow this work of rare genius has gone unde the radar................

• Haha 1

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 04:34, Paninistickers said:

Purely out of interest, do you consider yourself more qualified to say whether a player is good enough or not than say, BR and his entire coaching staff that watch our players every day at training?  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

We don't need "fans" getting on his back the first time he makes a mistake. Watching MotD today and both Dunk and Tarkowski made challenges that lead to free-kicks on the edge of the box, which they fortunately didn't concede from. That's what we probably would have had to pay over the odds for and we need perspective that there's probably, really not going to be much in it between Caglar and these guys by the end of the season. Certainly not something worth paying an extra £40m for.

This exactly 

I actually love him. Some players you just will to succeed and he is one of those. Obviously none of us really know how good he is/will be but I'm happy to give him a go. It's a risk but it's the reason we signed him in the first place and i just hope we give him time and patience. X 

11 hours ago, MPH said:

the same  spider Kalac who ended up at AC Milan for a few years?.

He actually only played 2 games for us so i’m not sure how you can draw  such a steadfast conclusion of his abilities.

No me neither, but I do remember that first cross he fumbled even though he was about 3' taller than anyone around him 😁

1 minute ago, RumbleFox said:

I actually love him. Some players you just will to succeed and he is one of those. Obviously none of us really know how good he is/will be but I'm happy to give him a go. It's a risk but it's the reason we signed him in the first place and i just hope we give him time and patience. X 

He'll be a cult hero soon :fc:

Harry who? 

• Like 1

He needs to keep his concentration up and not have a brain fart moment, the Prem is not forgiving so he will have to learn fast if he wants a starting spot, though he does not have much competition there at present.

Edited by ithuriel

14 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

No me neither, but I do remember that first cross he fumbled even though he was about 3' taller than anyone around him 😁

First game nerves maybe?

most players make mistakes in their first few games but with a keeper, it’s so much more obvious