Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Players in someone’s team of the week 2019-20

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Pereira should be ahead of TAA. Can't really complain at the others.

Yeah there's no way we should only have 1 defender to Liverpool's 3 if this is supposed to be team of the season so far.  We have the best defence so far.

6 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Yeah there's no way we should only have 1 defender to Liverpool's 3 if this is supposed to be team of the season so far.  We have the best defence so far.

Yep.

Everyone knows TAA strengths which is going forward. But I think even Pereira is better than him on that this season.

Defensively there's no question Pereira is better.

Tackles:
Pereira - 54 (best in the league for a defender)

TAA - 15 (5th for Liverpool)

Tackles per game:
Pereira - 4.7 
TAA - 1.1

Interceptions:
Pereira - 1.8

TAA - 1.5

Clearances

Both 2.6

Granted the styles of both sides are fairly different but still think it's a fair barometer to compare defensive stats.

Tackle Success Percentage:
Pereira - 47/66 - 71.21%

TAA - 11/22 - 50%

TAA has been more influential passing - 3.7pg compared to Pereira's 1pg.

Dribbling:
Pereira - 22/38 - 57.89%

TAA - 5/19 - 26.32%

Aerial Duels:
Pereira - 13/30 - 43.33%

TAA - 4/12 - 33%

All the stats taken from this article written on 1st Nov so figures may have changed. But it does paint a vastly superior positive picture in favour of Pereira for this season so far, despite the contrasting styles of how we and Liverpool play.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Five England players in there, yet only one in our starting XI (and TAA is only just properly getting his claws into the position).

It’s almost like Gareth isn’t picking the team on form! Which can’t be right because he told us he would! :o

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, davieG said:

_109818734_garthtotw.png

Crooks

I shouldn't be surprised. I know I shouldn't. But he is the biggest crook on a BBC wage.

Two defenders who both conceded goals on the weekend, one of whom is a CDM. No reason as to why he put them in, just fluff like 'he was at it again, strutting around selhurst park as if he owned the place', and citing that tjeu kept their calm. How many ariel duels did they win? How many clearances?

Moutinho in because he scored a direct free kick. Spends most of the paragraph talking about the inevitability of Cook getting a 2nd yellow and then ends on the fact that Wolves can't keep up their position of 5th, which wouldn't even be surprising considering their campaign last year!

Honestly, the laziest and worst pundit around.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

I shouldn't be surprised. I know I shouldn't. But he is the biggest crook on a BBC wage.

Two defenders who both conceded goals on the weekend, one of whom is a CDM. No reason as to why he put them in, just fluff like 'he was at it again, strutting around selhurst park as if he owned the place', and citing that tjeu kept their calm. How many ariel duels did they win? How many clearances?

Moutinho in because he scored a direct free kick. Spends most of the paragraph talking about the inevitability of Cook getting a 2nd yellow and then ends on the fact that Wolves can't keep up their position of 5th, which wouldn't even be surprising considering their campaign last year!

I swear he has some kind of dirt on his BBC bosses, I just don't understand how he has a job otherwise

1 hour ago, Yes N'Didi said:

Fernandinho played well though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yes N'Didi said:

He barely does give an adequate reason as I'm guessing he doesn't watch every minute of every game. A lot of the time his reasons barely even mention the player chosen. However just because a defender can concede doesn't mean he may not have had a good game or be deserving of inclusion in his TOTW. 

38 minutes ago, StanSP said:

He barely does give an adequate reason as I'm guessing he doesn't watch every minute of every game. A lot of the time his reasons barely even mention the player chosen. However just because a defender can concede doesn't mean he may not have had a good game or be deserving of inclusion in his TOTW. 

4 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Fernandinho played well though.

Agreed on both counts. If he used any level of data to back up his stats I think it would make it more understandable. Like you say, barely mentions the player. If I wanted an article on how the match went I’d read the report. I want to know why Fernandinho has a good game, and hopefully any level of basic stat to back it up.

• Like 2

Someone seriously needs to have a word with Garth Crooks and tell him he actually needs to start watching games before he picks his team of the week. He has half the Man U team in there this week and only Maddison from us. Sure Maddison played well but he wasn’t really our stand out player.

Then in the section at the bottom where you can choose your own team, he’s got Vardy, Iheanacho and then of course Ayoze Perez, who put in a fine performance sitting on the bench. None of our defence are in there. It’s a shame you can’t comment on the article because someone needs to tell him he’s an idiot!

Edited by Samu
  • Like 2