Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Players in someone’s team of the week 2019-20

On 15/11/2019 at 19:10, StanSP said:

Yep.

Everyone knows TAA strengths which is going forward. But I think even Pereira is better than him on that this season.

Defensively there's no question Pereira is better.

Tackles:
Pereira - 54 (best in the league for a defender)

TAA - 15 (5th for Liverpool)

Tackles per game:
Pereira - 4.7 
TAA - 1.1

Interceptions:
Pereira - 1.8

TAA - 1.5

Clearances

Both 2.6

Granted the styles of both sides are fairly different but still think it's a fair barometer to compare defensive stats.

Tackle Success Percentage:
Pereira - 47/66 - 71.21%

TAA - 11/22 - 50%

TAA has been more influential passing - 3.7pg compared to Pereira's 1pg.

Dribbling:
Pereira - 22/38 - 57.89%

TAA - 5/19 - 26.32%

Aerial Duels:
Pereira - 13/30 - 43.33%

TAA - 4/12 - 33%

All the stats taken from this article written on 1st Nov so figures may have changed. But it does paint a vastly superior positive picture in favour of Pereira for this season so far, despite the contrasting styles of how we and Liverpool play.

No brainer

20 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

To quote Garth Crooks this week:

James Maddison: This might have been a completely different result had Aston Villa's medical team done their job.

"Might have been a completely different result."

They had the ref on their side and we still battered them 4-1 despite us missing 4-5 other guilt-edged chances. He's a fvcking idiot.

Yup! 

9 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I'm so taken in by my City bias that I'm going to flat out refuse all opinions on other players, like a Boomer.

And on this voting day I shall agree with Mr White and plump for Jamie as Player of the Decade too.

Vote Vardy! 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

4 players or former players in the EFL team of the decade.

04E94AA2-03CB-4351-A883-6563ECA591B3.png

Some very, very questionable choices.

Wouldn't have Maguire in there personally. Is that George Friend at right back? Don't think i'd have Ritchie in it either.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Wouldn't have Maguire in there personally. Is that George Friend at right back? Don't think i'd have Ritchie in it either.

I think Ricky Lambert probably also has reason to be disappointed. I’d have him in over Sharp

It's a strange metric I'd imagine, so many players are too good for the championship and played briefly, probably the Newcastle team, us and wolves had the combined best 11 over the last decade with the odd exception. He was only there for around 5 months but Riyad is probably the best player to play in the second tier in the last decade.

4 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Agreed, Maguire was fine during his stint in the football league but it was in the top tier he really came on.

23 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

It's a strange metric I'd imagine, so many players are too good for the championship and played briefly, probably the Newcastle team, us and wolves had the combined best 11 over the last decade with the odd exception. He was only there for around 5 months but Riyad is probably the best player to play in the second tier in the last decade.

I would disagree if we are talking about the Championship, Knockaert was a much better player.

However, Riyad really stepped up once in the Prem, and even there it took a season for him to reach top gear.