Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

FA Cup 2019/2020

Absolutely struggled past South Normanton in the last round. Hopefully we can pick up a win against Stourbridge on Saturday. The prize pots are very tasty this season

Extra preliminary round winners (184) £2,250 Losers receive £750
Preliminary round winners (160) £2,890 Losers receive £960
First round qualifying winners (116) £4,500 Losers receive £1,500
Second Round Qualifying winners (80) £6,750 Losers receive £2,250
Third Round Qualifying winners (40) £11,250 Losers receive £3,750
Fourth Round Qualifying winners (32) £18,750 Losers receive £6,250
First Round Proper winners (40) £36,000
Second Round Proper winners (20) £54,000
Third Round Proper winners (32) £135,000
Fourth Round Proper winners (16) £180,000
Fifth Round Proper winners (8) £360,000
Quarter-Final winners (4) £720,000
Semi-Final winners (2) £1,800,000
Semi-Final losers (2) £900,000
Final runners-up (1) £1,800,000
Final winners (1) £3,600,000
Edited by filbertway

My FA Cup gaze will be on King's Langley v. Folkestone Invicta.

I grew up watching Folkestone Town, Invicta's predecessor, but saw my first Folkestone match for 30 years last season (0-0 at 90 mins; 2-0 up against 10 men after 95 mins.....finished 2-2....typical! :rolleyes:).

Ended up seeing them in action again in the 1st Qualifying Round through a freak chance.

I'd arranged to visit a mate in Whitstable for the weekend & Folkestone got drawn to play at Whitstable in the FA Cup the weekend I was down.

Went along with my mate and his Whitstable-supporting cohort (bizarrely including the nephew of my school English teacher & a bloke who went to my school)......

0-4 win for a classy Folkestone Invicta, who currently sit top of the Ryman Premier & have been managed for 22 years (:blink:) by the bloke who was centre half/centre forward in my youth.

Based on extensive past experience, I'm expecting a King's Langley win. :D

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

My FA Cup gaze will be on King's Langley v. Folkestone Invicta.

I grew up watching Folkestone Town, Invicta's predecessor, but saw my first Folkestone match for 30 years last season (0-0 at 90 mins; 2-0 up against 10 men after 95 mins.....finished 2-2....typical! :rolleyes:).

Ended up seeing them in action again in the 1st Qualifying Round through a freak chance.

I'd arranged to visit a mate in Whitstable for the weekend & Folkestone got drawn to play at Whitstable in the FA Cup the weekend I was down.

Went along with my mate and his Whitstable-supporting cohort (bizarrely including the nephew of my school English teacher)......

0-4 win for a classy Folkestone Invicta, who currently sit top of the Ryman Premier & have been managed for 22 years (:blink:) by the bloke who was centre half/centre forward in my youth.

Based on extensive past experience, I'm expecting a King's Langley win. :D

I remember reading about that game, made national news, absolutely unreal haha.

Good luck to them! We've got Kings Langley in our league this year. A thorough match report and individual player analysis would be much appreciated :p

• Like 1

Just now, filbertway said:

I remember reading about that game, made national news, absolutely unreal haha.

Good luck to them! We've got Kings Langley in our league this year. A thorough match report and individual player analysis would be much appreciated :p

Things like that seemed to happen at Folkestone. I remember them playing a 4th Qualifying Round tie in front of 2000+ fans (a seriously big crowd at that level), 2-1 up after 93 mins.....Folkestone player sent an absolute rocket header into his own net. Lost the replay and missed out on a home tie against Bristol City. :frusty:

I won't be at the game, sadly, just monitoring online after watching LCFC give Spurs a tanning.....the right priority, I'm sure you'll agree.

2 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Things like that seemed to happen at Folkestone. I remember them playing a 4th Qualifying Round tie in front of 2000+ fans (a seriously big crowd at that level), 2-1 up after 93 mins.....Folkestone player sent an absolute rocket header into his own net. Lost the replay and missed out on a home tie against Bristol City. :frusty:

I won't be at the game, sadly, just monitoring online after watching LCFC give Spurs a tanning.....the right priority, I'm sure you'll agree.

Ouch! The game can be cruel at times can't it. I remember last season going out to a fairly poor St Neots team, which would have put us in the 4th Qualifying round

Away game

St Neots 2

L Knight (86'),N Shariff (97')

Coalville 2

T Berridge (36'), (65'),S McManus (53' Sent Off)

Then in the replay

Coalville 3

J Doyle-Charles (46'),A Dean (61'),T Berridge (63')

St Neots 3

C Ofosu (49'),G Wharton (88'), (92')

They want on to win on penalties. We could not hold a lead to save our lives last season. Went out in a similar fashion to Barwell in the FA Trophy as well.

Luckily (possibly unluckily) I'll be able to watch the Leicester game down the pub then have a stroll down to Owen Street to watch the game. All being well all 3 of our collective teams win :D

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Ouch! The game can be cruel at times can't it. I remember last season going out to a fairly poor St Neots team, which would have put us in the 4th Qualifying round

Away game

St Neots 2

L Knight (86'),N Shariff (97')

Coalville 2

T Berridge (36'), (65'),S McManus (53' Sent Off)

Then in the replay

Coalville 3

J Doyle-Charles (46'),A Dean (61'),T Berridge (63')

St Neots 3

C Ofosu (49'),G Wharton (88'), (92')

They want on to win on penalties. We could not hold a lead to save our lives last season. Went out in a similar fashion to Barwell in the FA Trophy as well.

Luckily (possibly unluckily) I'll be able to watch the Leicester game down the pub then have a stroll down to Owen Street to watch the game. All being well all 3 of our collective teams win :D

I've only just registered that it's Coalville that you follow.

Back in 2004 (?), I decided to try to follow the FA Cup through from Extra Preliminary Round to Final (going to watch the winner of each tie in the next round).

I looked for a local team - and noticed that Coalville were taking part in the FA Cup for the first time ever.....so went with them in the Extra Preliminary.

Obviously, I didn't expect them to last more than 1-2 rounds & expected to be following a series of teams as the tournament progressed.....

Six rounds later, I was still following Coalville.....they won in the Extra Preliminary, Preliminary, 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th Qualifying Rounds (including a couple of replays).....only going down 0-1 at Wycombe in the 1st Round Proper.

I couldn't face following Wycombe after that....

They've never made the 1st Round again since then, have they?

9 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

I've only just registered that it's Coalville that you follow.

Back in 2004 (?), I decided to try to follow the FA Cup through from Extra Preliminary Round to Final (going to watch the winner of each tie in the next round).

I looked for a local team - and noticed that Coalville were taking part in the FA Cup for the first time ever.....so went with them in the Extra Preliminary.

Obviously, I didn't expect them to last more than 1-2 rounds & expected to be following a series of teams as the tournament progressed.....

Six rounds later, I was still following Coalville.....they won in the Extra Preliminary, Preliminary, 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th Qualifying Rounds (including a couple of replays).....only going down 0-1 at Wycombe in the 1st Round Proper.

I couldn't face following Wycombe after that....

They've never made the 1st Round again since then, have they?

Funnily enough that was the season I began following Coalville. Saw an advert for the FA cup extra prelim in a shop window and went down. Stopped going Leicester the season after and have followed Coalville home and away ever since.

Missed the 4th qualifying replay at home as I decided to go to watch Craig Levein's first game in charge, a 2-2 draw against Crewe.

Never made it to the first round proper since though. This year we have as good a chance as we've ever had. A lot depends on luck of the draw obviously, but we've never had a stronger squad than we have now.

There's still a few connections to that team at the club now. 2 are part of the coaching staff, with 1 being the manager and the nephew of another of the players is playing for us now and it's only a matter of time before he's playing at a higher level.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Funnily enough that was the season I began following Coalville. Saw an advert for the FA cup extra prelim in a shop window and went down.

Funny to think that we were both at that Extra Preliminary Round match. Unless I'm misremembering, there can't have been many more than 100 there?

Away to Liversedge was a seriously tense occasion. 

1 minute ago, Alf Bentley said:

Funny to think that we were both at that Extra Preliminary Round match. Unless I'm misremembering, there can't have been many more than 100 there?

Away to Liversedge was a seriously tense occasion. 

We only manage around 150 these days, so it would not shock me if it was somewhere between 50-100 haha.

Yeah the Liversedge game was horrible, knowing what was on the line for both sides. I think we rode our luck a lot in that game and actually came really close to nicking it at the end. A scuffed shot from Rich Saunders just bobbled wide right at the end of the game.

I can't remember what I did last week, but I can remember that! haha

• Haha 1

Found this article https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/size-not-a-problem-for-coalvilles-ravens-532997.html

The tie with Daventry attracted 68 spectators, 29 more than saw them beat Gelding in the preliminary round proper. However, by the time they overcame Liversedge in a replay for a place in the main competition, there were 1,400 at Coalville's ground, most standing three deep. 

31 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Found this article https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/size-not-a-problem-for-coalvilles-ravens-532997.html

The tie with Daventry attracted 68 spectators, 29 more than saw them beat Gelding in the preliminary round proper. However, by the time they overcame Liversedge in a replay for a place in the main competition, there were 1,400 at Coalville's ground, most standing three deep. 

The Daventry figure doesn't surprise me - and I remembered there being a fair crowd at the two Liversedge matches. Didn't remember that they were two down at Deeping Rangers.

Good luck for Saturday and the cup run. :thumbup:

Funny enough, that article mentions the team that I ended up with the other time that I tried to go through the FA Cup in 1998: started off at Belper (only 1st Qualifying Round) & ended up travelling to the wilds north of Blyth in Northumberland to watch Bedlington Terriers thrash Colchester 4-1. Again, though, I didn't get past the 2nd Round Proper (Scunthorpe 2 Bedlington 0) as my then partner was seriously injured in an accident.

I plan to try that FA Cup jaunt again some time. Within a couple of years, I'll probably end up moving away from Leicester & giving up my LCFC season ticket, so that would be the obvious time. Would be great to go all the way from Extra Preliminary to Wembley. Might be tough to get a ticket for certain rounds, depending on the draw - and for the Final - but could still turn up and enjoy the atmosphere.

Meanwhile, here's footage of Bedlington Terriers v. Colchester (I was in with the away fans so had to restrain my joy at the astonishing result :D).

On 22/09/2019 at 01:24, Alf Bentley said:

The Coalville dream has to wait another year, then, @filbertway....

Folkestone Invicta did even worse. Unbeaten and top of the league.....contrive to lose 0-4 at King's Langley. :blink:

Stupid rubbish competition anyway... :ph34r: haha

Yeah I saw that, Kings Langley gaffer resigned midweek as well! There's always next year :D 

Just the FA Trophy to look forward to now then. Well that and hopefully a push for the play offs!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Belper away at Notts County in the next round. did a bit of groundhopping at their place last season, look a good club with a picturesque ground.

Northern section

Hednesford Town v Boston United

Gateshead v Colne

Barrow v Solihull Moors

Whitby Town or Gloucester City v Stourbridge

Hartlepool United v Brackley Town

Nantwich Town v King's Lynn Town

Chorley v Spennymoor Town

Southport v Altrincham

Tamworth or Hereford v Darlington

York City v Stockport County

Notts County v Belper Town