Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

FA Cup 2019/2020

Just now, deejdeej said:

Just checked his record for previous clubs, what on earth made Newcastle pay 40 million for him!? A goal every 4 games in the prestigious Austrian top flight :D

No idea at all. One of the worst transfers in top flight history. 

I reckon at some point in the near future when a team is in Newcastle's position (i.e. midtable muck in the league with little chance of winning the cup, approaching a replay with a lower league team in the early rounds) the manager is going to tell them to concede a cheeky own goal or soft winner to get out of the extra game.

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Can someone enlighten me? Commentator just said 'few understand the pain and glory Steve Bruce has of the FA Cup'

Er, what pain has he gone through? He's won the thing 3 times as a player...

Possibly referring to him losing the final as Hull manager?

Fulham look more interested than Villa, but don't have the quality to do much.  Knocky had a perfectly timed runner headed through on goal, but chose to blast a shot directly into the CB two paces ahead of him.

Guest seanfox778

Fulham v Villa was pretty crap 1st half. Might change to Brighton v Sheff Wed but I just know as soon as I do, Craven Cottage will become a goal fest.

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Tbh he probably learnt today that Success and Gray are hopeless and well we maybe had too many kids out.

Plus our best 2 players got injured.

Once they scored you could see it coming.

Credit to Tranmere.

Congrats on the win last week mate. I was out all day so saw none of it other than highlights. Pearson and Shakespeare will definitely keep you up. 

RE: Our current game against Utd. Poor is too good a word for it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Congrats on the win last week mate. I was out all day so saw none of it other than highlights. Pearson and Shakespeare will definitely keep you up. 

RE: Our current game against Utd. Poor is too good a word for it. 

The media obsession with showing every man utd cup tie means most of the watching public have got your game rather than one like ours or Man City which at least have goals and teams from different divisions.

Edited by Facecloth

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

The media obsession with showing every man utd cup tie means most of the watching public have got your game rather than one like ours or Man City which at least have goals and teams from different divisions.

As much as I agree that too many Man U ties are shown, surely Wolves v Man Utd is the logical choice over watching Man City hump yet another lower league team and our reserves against Wigan?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

As much as I agree that too many Man U ties are shown, surely Wolves v Man Utd is the logical choice over watching Man City hump yet another lower league team and our reserves against Wigan?

Not really. Premier league is on every week. If they're that desperate to Wolves v Man Uts show it during the season.

Also it didn't have to one of those two games. Could have been Watford v Tranmere, Brighton Sheffield Wednesday, Southampton v Huddersfield, Preston v Norwich. Or from tomorrow Palace v Watford with potential Wayne Rooney. Plenty of ties to choose from.

Edited by Facecloth

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Not really. Premier league is on every week. If they're that desperate to Wolves v Man Uts show it during the season.

Also it didn't have to one of those two games. Could have been Watford v Tranmere, Brighton Sheffield Wednesday, Southampton v Huddersfield, Preston v Norwich. Or from tomorrow Palace v Watford with potential Wayne Rooney. Plenty of ties to choose from.

Yes that's true, although you were the one that compared it to our game and the Man City game?

PL v Championship games are generally very uninteresting. In hindsight yes Watford v Tranmere would have been better but if they'd scheduled that nobody outside of Hertfordshire or Merseyside would have tuned in lol

Edited by ealingfox