Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

FA Cup 2019/2020

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, isaidno said:

It's the first round draw tonight.  The lowest ranked team left are 8th tier Chichester city.

And they have got the bye. So into the Second round for them. 

Obvious TV picks are Dulwich v Carlisle, Maidenhead/Wealdstone v Rotherham, Harrogate v Pompey, Chippenham v Northampton 

1 hour ago, isaidno said:

Glad Chichester got the bye. 36k is a lot of money for them. 

They may have preferred a game as you add gate receipts (get an away draw at say Bradford or Sunderland or Pompey) or TV money from home game, they’d make more than the prize money.

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

They have may have preferred a game as you add gate receipts (get an away draw at say Bradford or Sunderland or Pompey) or TV money from home game 

Hopefully they get a decent home tie in second round.  Think Harrogate vs Portsmouth,  and Hayes and Yeading / Poole vs Oxford will be the televised games.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Corky said:

To be fair, 90k are attending that match. It is a bigger game.

Strange logic in the context of this argument, no?

You can't argue that the British public are more interested in a friendly in America over the FA Cup, men's footy, women's footy, whatever - by how many people over the Atlantic are going to the game.

9 hours ago, Langston said:

Strange logic in the context of this argument, no?

You can't argue that the British public are more interested in a friendly in America over the FA Cup, men's footy, women's footy, whatever - by how many people over the Atlantic are going to the game.

Oh sorry, I didn't click the link- I assumed it was about the England women's game. 

Yes, the domestic matches should be above overseas internationals.

Anyone tried this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50288939

Bragging rights first - I got 10/10, much to my surprise. 

I got lucky with Maldon and Tiptree, which is somewhere in Essex or Suffolk (not even sure which county). I just had to point at somewhere near the lower end of what I see as the fat and round rump of England's coastline and hope for the best.

First Round.PNG

Darlo secure a replay with a last minute equalizer - took nearly 1300 supporters down to the West Midlands.

Great win for my local (ish) side Boston United negotiating a tricky tie at Carshalton Athletic, with a 4-1 win and securing a place in the second round.

Edited by Tuna