Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

FA Cup 2019/2020

9 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Yes that's true, although you were the one that compared it to our game and the Man City game?

PL v Championship games are generally very uninteresting. In hindsight yes Watford v Tranmere would have been better but if they'd scheduled that nobody outside of Hertfordshire or Merseyside would have tuned in lol

I don't know, people talk about the magic of the cup, they want to teams see from lower league pitting themselves against bigger teams. Even if they get a battering its great to give these teams the exposure. Certainly better than offering what that offer every other week of the season. I'll happily tune in to Man Utd v wolves next weekend if they were playing, but this weekend is special because its meant to offer up something different.

Edited by Facecloth

57 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Congrats on the win last week mate. I was out all day so saw none of it other than highlights. Pearson and Shakespeare will definitely keep you up. 

RE: Our current game against Utd. Poor is too good a word for it. 

Seems like it was a very 0-0 game!

Replay will be on TV with ours I suspect.

Yes - was a good win with 10 men which kind of shows the difference between today and Wednesday in terms of quality in our squad!

I doubt had Capoue /Cathcart/Doucouré/Foster and Deeney been playing we would have let that lead slip. 

Would have used some good game management and seen the game out - or probably gone on to score more.

We didn't even have a shot 2nd half.....

Edited by Super_horns

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Bet you lot didn't want to go up there mid week. Especially given your fixtures this season in Europe.

It seems like we are just used to playing twice a week now. We've become pretty good at it! 

They're very beatable there as they have the Man City game coming up then Norwich and Liverpool. And our game is sandwiched in between those last two. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

This cvnt is such an attention seeking ****. His "bants" are cringey.

Honestly don't know much about the guy other than that tweet he wrote a couple of years back about Stones, and the one last night, and I'll be amazed if it's not the same for most people including yourself. I mean I'd love to know what he's been up to get this label as an attention seeking ****? I had flick through his Twitter, and sure he's opinionated, but a lot of people on there are, that's not a crime, its basically the point of twitter. He probably is a bit of a twat, like a lot of footballers, but he's said that Stones stuff and most people assumed they'd never play each other, and they did, so its reappeared. And let's be honest, he's not wrong about Stones is he?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Honestly don't know much about the guy other than that tweet he wrote a couple of years back about Stones, and the one last night, and I'll be amazed if it's not the same for most people including yourself. I mean I'd love to know what he's been up to get this label as an attention seeking ****? I had flick through his Twitter, and sure he's opinionated, but a lot of people on there are, that's not a crime, its basically the point of twitter. He probably is a bit of a twat, like a lot of footballers, but he's said that Stones stuff and most people assumed they'd never play each other, and they did, so its reappeared. And let's be honest, he's not wrong about Stones is he?

He's basically a Poundland Joey Barton. Opinionated and tries to be "edgy". Agree its not a crime and he is entitled to do whatvhe likes but imo he is annoying.

Yes Stones is a poor defender but Pope wouldn't even get 5 goals a season playing against Stones every week. Pope is a League 1/2 journeyman for a reason 

More annoyed than I probably should be by Jahanbakhsh trying the exact same overhead kick three days after he scored the Chelsea one. It wasn't even on this time and just smacked of desperation to pull of something spectacular and show off, and I think he's put his team mate off his header just behind him. Just because he did it a few days ago doesn't mean he'll do it every week, that's a once in lifetime goal in most cases.

Just now, Koke said:

He's basically a Poundland Joey Barton. Opinionated and tries to be "edgy". Agree its not a crime and he is entitled to do whatvhe likes but imo he is annoying.

Yes Stones is a poor defender but Pope wouldn't even get 5 goals a season playing against Stones every week. Pope is a League 1/2 journeyman for a reason 

I don't follow him, so I don't know. And he's not, nor has he ever been massively famous, so the vast majority of his stuff won't get picked up by other media outlets like it would if it was Vardy or Kane, or someone like Barton who's been at the top and dropped down. What I'm saying is with someone like Popes opinion, if you don't seek it out, you generally won't find it. So stop looking for it and it won't annoy you anymore, surely?

40 minutes ago, Koke said:

When I first saw his account I wasn't sure if it's him or some sort of parody.

Good goal yesterday, got in front of the centre half well. Always seems to score at the level he's at.

31 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I hope Joelinton goes back abroad so I don't have to hear commentators say his name anymore 

I think Hartson during our match last week thought that his name was Joe Linton. He referred to him as Linton at one point- "Linton needs to do better there".

Steve Bruce making a big thing also of Newcastle still being in- "It's been years since wor wor in the hat"- yet they've reached the fourth round in the past three seasons.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Saw this on Match of the Day, right after he'd given away a penalty...

20200105_104355.thumb.jpg.44f5fd2ec64fddad305d2e9884f4a660.jpg

Never change Sol Bamba lol

Absolute travesty Carlisle aren't through given the ball was clearly out of play for the second goal.

Which takes me too ... VAR at PL grounds but that's all? How is that fair. Tranmere, for example, get the advantage of VAR for two goals yet Carlisle have to settle with a draw. Granted they've still got to defend the cross as expected but I'd be fuming.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Absolute travesty Carlisle aren't through given the ball was clearly out of play for the second goal.

Which takes me too ... VAR at PL grounds but that's all? How is that fair. Tranmere, for example, get the advantage of VAR for two goals yet Carlisle have to settle with a draw. Granted they've still got to defend the cross as expected but I'd be fuming.

Agree should be a level playing field for all.

• Like 1