Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

There was once a 50m footballer in there. Surely the right coaching and system might recover a bit of that. The old adage class is permanent form temporary might apply to our wilf. Having said that a seasons loss of form is pushing it a bit I accept.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

There was once a 50m footballer in there. Surely the right coaching and system might recover a bit of that. The old adage class is permanent form temporary might apply to our wilf. Having said that a seasons loss of form is pushing it a bit I accept.

well no, there was never the type of class that is timeless, he had a game built on an athleticism that he no longer possesses 

Without that acceleration he is now just late to the the tackle. He’s not going to suddenly get that back and why would we expect him to suddenly be good on the ball when he never ever was. 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

well no, there was never the type of class that is timeless, he had a game built on an athleticism that he no longer possesses 

Without that acceleration he is now just late to the the tackle. He’s not going to suddenly get that back and why would we expect him to suddenly be good on the ball when he never ever was. 

I can only assume you didn’t watch the last 2 matches seeing how advanced he was. He was denied against Liverpool because of quick reactions from the keeper. Had that have been ward he would have bagged

4 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Yep. 

He's never been much of a footballer.

Nobody wants a midfielder who can only  'destroy' anymore, plus he's not particularly good at that nowadays anyway...We should be desperate to get rid.

4 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

I can only assume you didn’t watch the last 2 matches seeing how advanced he was. He was denied against Liverpool because of quick reactions from the keeper. Had that have been ward he would have bagged

im not sure what your point is. 

If wilf suddenly becomes a star box to box midfielder I will eat my words… but he wont. 

a couple of good performances in half paced pre-season is not suddenly evidence he can play football again. 

I hope for his sake he’s turned a corner but i’d rather not see him in blue again 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

On 10/05/2023 at 11:28, desertfox2 said:

Maybe but as a defensive midfielder who was one of the best in Europe for tackles and interceptions to suddenly fall off a cliff at 26, (unless his age isn't right, which happens) it's all very strange. He seems to have lost his hunger, ability to tackle, pass, intercept, run, everything.  

I don’t think he lost his hunger,far from it…

# long run of injuries,and manager history of returning him too early

# being asked to play too many fill gap positions in a short time..

# even when selected for traditional position,there were no consistent set up of team tactics..leaving him short..

# Rodgers didn’t know how or where to play, players because Rodgers was confusing Rodgers,let alone team..

## I was never confident Ndidi,Vardy,Barnes,Praet…were really Match fit,and suffered because of team management Risks.

## A new team & challenge might be the best solution,but I would welcome seeing Enzo give him a vote of confidence..

### To get some BS out of the way,and close that shitty-side of opinions….whether the man Ndidi is / was..

24, 26, 28, even 30…This age range is the central peak of any players career,so their is no mitigating ,argumentative,

grounds or platform for truth or trash to hold for or against his performances…The problems were not his age written

on a valid or corrupt document…

@ The lad had 2-3 chronic injury periods made light by club..

@ had hard hits in his personal life,while trying to overcome injury periods & solutions

@ Being asked to cover too much in this period,more than any then present stars

@ help trying to balance a team,when form was still in question

@ Mendy had proved he was good enough cover,Ndidi should have been given more time & protection…

@ not his descision,but keeping Choudhury, Mendy, for those 1-3 positions,would of served Ndidi better.

## Not hindsight by me,but mentioned,that these last 2 seasons the above points & mentioned we need  a returning Ndidi

Playing in his original position,holding that link between defence & midfield,but when he his fit. & Choudhury had returned

3-4 good performances…

• Like 1

There's a risk this post is gonna end up looking foolish is double quick time, but I think Wilf might be far more of a player than many give him credit for. (I also don't like the lack of respect for a guy who's been integral to our previous success over a 7 year period) 

He's not a great passer, granted. But his instinctive runs into the box and disruption of play higher up the field could be really useful. If he's fit and got anywhere near his athleticism of 2 years ago, he'll walk this level. 

The 'finish' v Liverpool was textbook. It was simply a good save. I've seen plenty of training vids in the last with a super finish. Just a hunch, but I think he'll suit the role.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bourbon Fox said:

It's not archaic or racist to say that birth certificates in some African countries can be either unavailable or unreliable.

It might be discriminatory to assume that a player may be older than stated simply because he's African, but in this case the player has had an issue in the past with his wrist plate MRI not matching with his stated age in an age-restricted tournament.

In Ndidi's case it isn't 'birth certificate BS' it's a possibility.

i'm somewhat skeptical of the MRI testing, given that the initial study did not include anybody of sub-saharan background. its only really applicable within the populations which they conducted the study on.

a later study using players from ghana found there was little correlation between age and growth plate fusion. also, top level professional footballers are not normal and so are likely to deviate somewhat from the general population, or even football adolescents which didnt go on to a professional career.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I don’t think he lost his hunger,far from it…

# long run of injuries,and manager history of returning him too early

# being asked to play too many fill gap positions in a short time..

# even when selected for traditional position,there were no consistent set up of team tactics..leaving him short..

# Rodgers didn’t know how or where to play, players because Rodgers was confusing Rodgers,let alone team..

## I was never confident Ndidi,Vardy,Barnes,Praet…were really Match fit,and suffered because of team management Risks.

## A new team & challenge might be the best solution,but I would welcome seeing Enzo give him a vote of confidence..

### To get some BS out of the way,and close that shitty-side of opinions….whether the man Ndidi is / was..

24, 26, 28, even 30…This age range is the central peak of any players career,so their is no mitigating ,argumentative,

grounds or platform for truth or trash to hold for or against his performances…The problems were not his age written

on a valid or corrupt document…

@ The lad had 2-3 chronic injury periods made light by club..

@ had hard hits in his personal life,while trying to overcome injury periods & solutions

@ Being asked to cover too much in this period,more than any then present stars

@ help trying to balance a team,when form was still in question

@ Mendy had proved he was good enough cover,Ndidi should have been given more time & protection…

@ not his descision,but keeping Choudhury, Mendy, for those 1-3 positions,would of served Ndidi better.

## Not hindsight by me,but mentioned,that these last 2 seasons the above points & mentioned we need  a returning Ndidi

Playing in his original position,holding that link between defence & midfield,but when he his fit. & Choudhury had returned

3-4 good performances…

Ah, my missing batch file 🤓

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

im not sure what your point is. 

If wilf suddenly becomes a star box to box midfielder I will eat my words… but he wont. 

a couple of good performances in half paced pre-season is not suddenly evidence he can play football again. 

I hope for his sake he’s turned a corner but i’d rather not see him in blue again 

I don’t think I said a box to box midfielder you are misquoting me to fit your narrative. I simply asked that because he’s being used in a slightly different roll , might it suit Wilf and the team? Only putting out there.

Just now, mazarron fox said:

I don’t think I said a box to box midfielder you are misquoting me to fit your narrative. I simply asked that because he’s being used in a slightly different roll , might it suit Wilf and the team? Only putting out there.

that new role being a box to box midfielder🤷‍♂️ 

if you’ve got belief it will go well good for you,  but I will stick with my gut on this one 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Ah, my missing batch file 🤓

Why don’t you stick to the point…so much pages wasted on clever little buggers who have no input,

outside total irrelevant points….A forum can have a great collection of sarcastic banter…but this summer

there has been more BS pages on dross reply’s instead of decent debate more than the players actually presented over the last 2 seasons..

I prefer your ideas you might have on Ndidis further potential at the club…or suggestion that it might be wiser for him to move on…I haven’t got the time on hand to play let’s see who can be the most sarcastic/cynical poster and win points at other people’s cost….FT Its become a social media “Hello” online mag…more than a good platform for football banter…

Sorry maybe I am just in a bloody miserable mood…because you can be witty and on the point…making usefull debate..:dunno:

ps..and I love your member name…HM,one of the best if not the best guitarist of any time,made acoustic & electric strings talk..:)

Edited by fuchsntf

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Why don’t you stick to the point…so much pages wasted on clever little buggers who have no input,

outside total irrelevant points….A forum can have a great collection of sarcastic banter…but this summer

there has been more BS pages on dross reply’s instead of decent debate more than the players actually presented over the last 2 seasons..

I prefer your ideas you might have on Ndidis further potential at the club…or suggestion that it might be wiser for him to move on…I haven’t got the time on hand to play let’s see who can be the most sarcastic/cynical poster and win points at other people’s cost….FT Its become a social media “Hello” online mag…more than a good platform for football banter…

Sorry maybe I am just in a bloody miserable mood…because you can be witty and on the point…making usefull debate..:dunno:

ps..and I love your member name…HM,one of the best if not the best guitarist of any time,made acoustic & electric strings talk..:)

Chill my friend, nobody wants to win Hello magazine poster of the day 🙃

it was just the layout of your message. Not the content 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, blaaklint said:

i'm somewhat skeptical of the MRI testing, given that the initial study did not include anybody of sub-saharan background. its only really applicable within the populations which they conducted the study on.

a later study using players from ghana found there was little correlation between age and growth plate fusion. also, top level professional footballers are not normal and so are likely to deviate somewhat from the general population, or even football adolescents which didnt go on to a professional career.

Sure - but the historical doubt and subsequent disqualification means that questioning Wilf's age is more than just a racist trope, which was my point