Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

I can sort -of live with two CDMs on the pitch, but as long as they are the right ones and it doesn't stifle our movement up the pitch. Soumaré did OK overall, but Dean chose the wrong partner for him.

Last night, in my opinion, was last chance saloon for Wilf, and he was poor yet again. Says it all when he was subbed off on the hour. How Mendy isn't starting ahead of him is anyone's guess. A shadow of the player that I'm sure at one point was one the best CDMs in the Premier League, worth around £50m or more. Now no-one would come in for him on his current form, BR really ruined him.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

I can sort -of live with two CDMs on the pitch, but as long as they are the right ones and it doesn't stifle our movement up the pitch. Soumaré did OK overall, but Dean chose the wrong partner for him.

Last night, in my opinion, was last chance saloon for Wilf, and he was poor yet again. Says it all when he was subbed off on the hour. How Mendy isn't starting ahead of him is anyone's guess. A shadow of the player that I'm sure at one point was one the best CDMs in the Premier League, worth around £50m or more. Now no-one would come in for him on his current form, BR really ruined him.

He chose Ndidi because of his height against a very physical Everton team. I can’t really blame him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Play Mendy. I’m fed up of seeing this bloke put in 5/10 performances game after game. Sell him in the summer if there’s anyone foolish enough to pay ok coin for him. 

5/10 is generous TBH. 

Edited by RoboFox

Without the outrageous defensive stats that Ndidi produced up until 2 years ago, there really is very little to justify his selection in the match day squad never mind as a starter. He brings more risk into the team with his passing and ponderous loose play than any potential security his significantly weaker defensive attributes now provide. It’s such a shame as he was the best CDM in the Premier League for a while. I’d much rather have had Mendy last night despite his lack of height. Everton were bypassing the midfield with their long balls anyway - it was our central defence and in particular Cags that had to deal with the majority of Everton’s aerial bombardment. 

• Like 1

Don't play him. Especially if you're trying to play out from the back.  His touch is like an elephant and he can't receive the ball on the half turn. The guy is a liability at the moment. Get KDH or Mendy alongside Soumare instead

• Like 1

Lost patience with him now, was hoping he'd come good again but he's no longer good enough. 

He needs a fresh start for his career, I don't think the Premier League is for him anymore. 

Very sad what's happened to him as he seems a likeable bloke, who has been a loyal figure and a key part to recent success. It's why I have no qualms about players moving on when in demand from the biggest clubs as long as we receive a good fee. Footballers have a short career and just a couple of years ago, he was being linked with the biggest clubs in the world. Now, I doubt that we'd get £15m for him. 

I think people are being a bit harsh on his performance last night. I thought he did ok in a poor team performance. There's no doubt his form has been bad but he's playing in a disjointed team which gives away so much space to the opposition which means the defensive players are exposed. I think the whole team structure is wrong and has been for some time now. I would have liked to have seen Smith try to change this but in fairness he had 8 games and probably thought he didn't have enough time so we might as well go out swinging.

I know there is an ongoing theme with Nigerian ages, but he really is playing like a 36 year old as opposed to 26! He should be in his prime!

Mind boggling how far he has fallen from where he was. He looks like a different player altogether. Offers literally nothing these days. 

Sad to see, but we can't wait any longer for some return to form, as we are into over a year or two now, since he was great for us.

Wherever we are next season, he can't start for us anymore and if we get a strong bid, I would even let him go.

Sad times but he is costing us and there is no sign whatsoever of the player he once was. 

He's basically lost the ability to have a decent first touch which then subsequently keeps getting him into trouble. That coupled with the fact that he needs far too many touches of the ball to get it under control to be able to pass it. His ability to tackle his opponent has also drastically got worse, which begs the question - why do we still play him? Get him into the u21s and get some confidence back.

5 minutes ago, nettle said:

The guy used to be great but playing him with Soumare just doesn't work Mendy has to play for his ball retention.

It would be interesting to find out how many minutes Mendy has had under Smith so far, i don't think he fancies him

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

It would be interesting to find out how many minutes Mendy has had under Smith so far, i don't think he fancies him

I think you might be right but Soumare needs a steadying influence alongside him and i don't think N'didi is the answer.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Think you are right, I like Mendy and would start him over Wilf but appears DS isn't a huge fan.