Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

50 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He was fantastic today! Unlucky to have a goal ruled out, won basically everything and the real plus for me - his distribution was superb. He didn’t screw up the fast short passes and was pinging it around to build attacks. Honestly if he can do that every week he would be in the conversation for a true heir to Kante’s throne. In this system he basically has to do the work of two people and somehow he manages it. 

And to top it all off he’s a really nice guy too! Love players like this. Take a bow son!

He was my MOTM in the match ratings.

Thought he, Evans & Soyuncu were all outstanding.

• Like 2

He was immense today. It seemed like he preferred to be in there on his own as he doesn't have to worry about anyone else. He jusr gets on with it and the ground he covers.

Gave Lamela a little too much space first half but BR sorted that out at HT. Unfortunate his Goals didn't stand because he deserved it.

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The attackers will get the credit tonight, but Wilfred Ndidi absolutely bossed it! 7 tackles tonight despite Southampton never having the ball (Ricardo had 6). And did you see some of his passes? Someone has been going to the Andrea Pirlo school of long passing it seems.

The improvement in this player is insane. He's IMO in the conversation for best CDM in the league. Kante no longer plays that position (he is now more box to box) so only Fabinho for me is currently better.

Yep. He had a rough patch last year but he's come out the other side of that a much better player. Whilst Ricardo, Maddison and Söyüncü have been standouts this season, Wilf has probably been the pick of the bunch. As you say, the ability to pick a pass has improved massively but even the tackles he's winning now, he's taking the ball with him. I used to find his stats misleading in that sense but he's so much more commited in the tackle and it's paying off.

The boy is pretty special.

15 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The attackers will get the credit tonight, but Wilfred Ndidi absolutely bossed it! 7 tackles tonight despite Southampton never having the ball (Ricardo had 6). And did you see some of his passes? Someone has been going to the Andrea Pirlo school of long passing it seems.

The improvement in this player is insane. He's IMO in the conversation for best CDM in the league. Kante no longer plays that position (he is now more box to box) so only Fabinho for me is currently better.

And also Strider; Kante has never been a Holding midfielder! The tactics oracle should know better! :D