Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

I have to say, the abuse he's getting on here is pretty poor. He's in bad form, he's made a few mistakes - but so have the rest of the team. He's apparently going through some pretty serious stuff in his personal life - who knows what, but he's entitled to his privacy as well.

These players are human beings as well - I hope they don't read this forum, because if I was playing for City and did a bit of browsing on here, I'd probably want to ****ing top myself.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He's been poor for at least 2 years, don't think he's going to get better, sorry for his personal loss.

He needs to decide whether he wants to stay and play better football or move on......we can't be a team carrying deadwood, we've shipped quite a few goals because of his errors.

We seem to carrying players around who just seem happy to collect a great wage but aren't bothered to put any effort on the pitch.

Think his time is up here.

Sorry if it’s been posted but any idea what the personal issues are? Haven’t seen anything mentioned 

1 hour ago, indierich06 said:

I have to say, the abuse he's getting on here is pretty poor. He's in bad form, he's made a few mistakes - but so have the rest of the team. He's apparently going through some pretty serious stuff in his personal life - who knows what, but he's entitled to his privacy as well.

These players are human beings as well - I hope they don't read this forum, because if I was playing for City and did a bit of browsing on here, I'd probably want to ****ing top myself.

I don't condone the abuse but if he's going through some personal stuff, it's clear his performances are being affected, why is he being picked? Our coaches are even more incompetent than was thought, an that's saying something, what must Mendy be thinking?

• Like 1

At his peak, he was amongst the elite as a destroyer. 

He looks like he’s declining rapidity though. Hard to think he’s still in his mid 20s. Injuries have ruined him. 

He might just need a summer to get himself right. 

5 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He's been poor for at least 2 years, don't think he's going to get better, sorry for his personal loss.

He needs to decide whether he wants to stay and play better football or move on......we can't be a team carrying deadwood, we've shipped quite a few goals because of his errors.

We seem to carrying players around who just seem happy to collect a great wage but aren't bothered to put any effort on the pitch.

Think his time is up here.

People forget Hes „still returning from chronic injury and after effects & knocks“

Takes at least 2 seasons to recover,and he as been played too often out of accustomed role. Despite having Mendy ,Soyuncu,Praet & Choudhury( before loan)

Trying to find some type of balanced form….Mistakes because of this will be there,it’s at present we don’t have a „team“ that covers each other…Every game some other player or 2, drop a clanger that costs us …Ndidi in this doesn’t stand alone..it’s the only thing we are good at…mistakes that costs goals…

Hes been thrown in far too early,that’s

why I always said play Mendy or Choudhury !!

,Choudhury ( never understood why we didn’t utilise him more especially after he found some decent form) or even Praet.Maybe even Amartey as DM.

Ndidi‘s  course of injuries like Periera‘s were unique.

Unfortunate circumstances,where he should of been nursed better and not rushed back 3-5 times.. Not suprising 2 years of mixed performances a few costly.

I didn’t blame at the time Rodgers for our chronic injury list,but his later descisions

on especially Ndidi, and then others…Having ,creating your name,doesn’t make you

match fit, or put into another field position. 

We had/have a squad use it,and don’t think about loaning  players out..aka Choudhury/Praet/ now Thomas…3rd choice suddenly becomes only choice,or play injured players.

Thats also a characteristic of good top 6 teams,don’t be so eager to loan out..

Such topics like this show perfectly the entitled fan up, who believes Squad goes deeper than it does , so top 6 challenges can be kept up…

Ndidi was a king-pin but he was never allowed to first rejuvinate,always too early returns. 
So though I always posted for Mendyˋs or Choudhuryˋs selection when here,it wasn’t because I underrated Ndidi..

This season and last Rodgers ruined a squad,not just the individual player…

His backfoot too carefull approach , a catastrophy across also many indirect & not so obvious  levels.

• Like 1

if we go down (hope not) the media will be doing lots of analysis on our players many who have fallen from grace so drastically. We know players fade but damn we sure have made it into an art form. Can you believe many in the public still cannot believe we are languishing in the relegation zone after all these months of struggling and could go down! We are an established premier league team who have achieved so many impossibles. We're not even considered in the same breath as Southampton or everton big clubs and also established premier league teams but always seem to flirt with relegation every season. People have gotten used to that. if they go down no way would it be as big a news as if we do. I can just see the headlines now.

2 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

if we go down (hope not) the media will be doing lots of analysis on our players many who have fallen from grace so drastically. We know players fade but damn we sure have made it into an art form. Can you believe many in the public still cannot believe we are languishing in the relegation zone after all these months of struggling and could go down! We are an established premier league team who have achieved so many impossibles. We're not even considered in the same breath as Southampton or everton big clubs and also established premier league teams but always seem to flirt with relegation every season. People have gotten used to that. if they go down no way would it be as big a news as if we do. I can just see the headlines now.

Rodgers and his media friends will post as headlines: “Rodgers was right. FFP and failure to invest in squad led to ultimate demise of once darling of the Premier League”

Or:

“Sacking Rodgers costed Leicester a chance to survive relegation battle”

Or, simply:

”Rodgers: I told you so”

Edited by Tom12345

4 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

People forget Hes „still returning from chronic injury and after effects & knocks“

Takes at least 2 seasons to recover,and he as been played too often out of accustomed role. Despite having Mendy ,Soyuncu,Praet & Choudhury( before loan)

Trying to find some type of balanced form….Mistakes because of this will be there,it’s at present we don’t have a „team“ that covers each other…Every game some other player or 2, drop a clanger that costs us …Ndidi in this doesn’t stand alone..it’s the only thing we are good at…mistakes that costs goals…

Hes been thrown in far too early,that’s

why I always said play Mendy or Choudhury !!

,Choudhury ( never understood why we didn’t utilise him more especially after he found some decent form) or even Praet.Maybe even Amartey as DM.

Ndidi‘s  course of injuries like Periera‘s were unique.

Unfortunate circumstances,where he should of been nursed better and not rushed back 3-5 times.. Not suprising 2 years of mixed performances a few costly.

I didn’t blame at the time Rodgers for our chronic injury list,but his later descisions

on especially Ndidi, and then others…Having ,creating your name,doesn’t make you

match fit, or put into another field position. 

We had/have a squad use it,and don’t think about loaning  players out..aka Choudhury/Praet/ now Thomas…3rd choice suddenly becomes only choice,or play injured players.

Thats also a characteristic of good top 6 teams,don’t be so eager to loan out..

Such topics like this show perfectly the entitled fan up, who believes Squad goes deeper than it does , so top 6 challenges can be kept up…

Ndidi was a king-pin but he was never allowed to first rejuvinate,always too early returns. 
So though I always posted for Mendyˋs or Choudhuryˋs selection when here,it wasn’t because I underrated Ndidi..

This season and last Rodgers ruined a squad,not just the individual player…

His backfoot too carefull approach , a catastrophy across also many indirect & not so obvious  levels.

How’s the loan at Watford going mate?!

• Haha 1

We have to remember that these players are human and maybe he shouldn’t be in the team if he is struggling.

But if it is true that he is going through a traumatic personal time, that certainly explains a lot for me. wilf always comes across as a genuine and humble guy, I hope he comes through his issues.

Footballing wise injuries have had a big impact, if he went back to winning the most tackles in the league and then gave the ball to youri that’s his role.

It certainly doesn’t work alongside KDH at the minute, as they both gave the ball away too much.

I for one haven’t written him off and hope we see the wilf of old.

Firstly, personal abuse is not cool.

However, I do feel that on here if you pick fault in a player that someone calls it a personal thing or even worse abuse.

I’m sure EVERY LCFC fan is genuinely gutted to hear Wilf’s personal news.

However, what I see on here are people rightfully questioning his position in the starting 11 based on his performances for the past couple of seasons.

He’s not a BEAST DM any more but has one of the worse passing ranges in the league and makes continuous errors when Mendy on current form is a much better option.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SK3Blue said:

Looks like he's disinterested in playing Football these days, I may be wrong but I think he's doing or has done a degree in Business management at DMU and is maybe more focused on that?

He's only 26 and he's looks 36 on the pitch. Smith was gesturing to him throughout the first half yesterday to get further up the pitch, he ignored it which resulted in Smith throwing his arms up in the air in frustration.  The biggest surprise yesterday was that he played 85 minutes. 

... he really should not be going further up the pitch!!!

Seeing what had been asked of him by Rodgers to make him a progressive player,  has given supporters a view of his game where we view him as lacking ability in all he does.

His role was previously defined but he is now asked to be involved in areas he should not be. Posters saying he is hiding from the ball, but he should not be anywhere near supporting the attack. No doubt injuries may have affected his athleticism to a point, but Ridgers has hung him out to dry, highlighting his short comings instead of what he is best at doing.

I must admit his handball was inexplicable,  Castagne was making the challenge and Wilf was some yards further away, but Castagne did not help the situation by showing Grealish to go outside (with a clear run on goal) as opposed to letting him come inside where there will be more traffic and he would have had to release the ball.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Mike Oxlong said:

Struggling to work out how Wilf is getting picked over Mendy. Wild gifts chances to the opponents on a level similar to Amartey. Mendy is a member a much safer option in the DM role 

Purely because of his height today I should imagine. Literally nothing else.

• Like 1

Ndidi should be absolutely nowhere near the first team at the moment. The CDM with the freakishly strong ball wining attributes appears to have left the building 18 months or longer ago. The Ndidi we have now is a shadow of the player he once was. Very sad 😞 

• Like 2