Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Wilfred Ndidi

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

Lets face it, Wilf at fault for all 3 goals, such a poor performance in a season of poor performances, he really should be apologising. I hope he gets no minutes for the rest of the season tbh, his performances have cost us, I hope the 3 amigos see it.

Absolutely. I was too sad to post just before and during the match, but I said a week ago if the new manager comes in and gets influenced by the existing Rodger friendly coaches to play him, as they did during the last two games, instead of Mendy, we are done before we even kick the ball. As soon as I saw the lineup I knew we were in for a hammering. He is just not good enough and for whatever people think he brings defensively I can’t see it. He strolls instead of running like Mendy. He can’t control the ball, can’t pass, and just goes into hiding generally when we are in possession. Worst, he is bound to concede a goal or two every game. As you said, he was at fault for the first two (how many penalties has he conceded now!) and while he was not fully at fault for the third - KDH was also at fault for his crappy pass, but for a supposed destroyer he just did not put up any sort of challenge for the ball. Unless the 3 amigoes see this as you say, and STOP playing him, we will have no chance whatsoever to stay up. Playing him is worst then playing with 10 men. He makes everyone around him worst than they are - Ndidi is like the player you don’t want in a high school team but he needs to be picked and when he plays you generally try to avoid giving him the ball. Absolute a non player. Sick of seeing him get picked ahead of Mendy, Praet or any other player.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, RoboFox said:

I thought it was a poor spell. Like, he was just being crap for a while.

It’s so much more serious than that. The guy’s regression is absolutely remarkable. Unheard of, really. He was genuinely considered a world class DCM once upon a time.

I love the dude and I desperately want to see him come back, but it’s really starting to feel like he’s finished at this level.

He was never world class. Let’s not dream up something he wasn’t. He was never able to control or pass the ball, but at least he was able to tackle. Now he just commits fouls, points his hands around as if he knows what he is doing, and generally just goes into hiding. Get him out of the team or we have ZERO chance of staying up. If Smith cannot see this, he doesn’t deserve to ever manage another PL team.

• Like 1

I totally love Wilf. As I do lots of our players who've been on our journey these last four years or so. 

But it's a tragedy to see him playing at the moment. He was excellent at Brentford. Maybe as they are a team who don't play through midfield helped that performance though. But Brentford apart, it's almost heartbreaking to see him play so poorly. 

Wilf's been outstanding for us. But age, whatever age that is, has caught up with him. He's gone.

16 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Absolutely. I was too sad to post just before and during the match, but I said a week ago if the new manager comes in and gets influenced by the existing Rodger friendly coaches to play him, as they did during the last two games, instead of Mendy, we are done before we even kick the ball. As soon as I saw the lineup I knew we were in for a hammering. He is just not good enough and for whatever people think he brings defensively I can’t see it. He strolls instead of running like Mendy. He can’t control the ball, can’t pass, and just goes into hiding generally when we are in possession. Worst, he is bound to concede a goal or two every game. As you said, he was at fault for the first two (how many penalties has he conceded now!) and while he was not fully at fault for the third - KDH was also at fault for his crappy pass, but for a supposed destroyer he just did not put up any sort of challenge for the ball. Unless the 3 amigoes see this as you say, and STOP playing him, we will have no chance whatsoever to stay up. Playing him is worst then playing with 10 men. He makes everyone around him worst than they are - Ndidi is like the player you don’t want in a high school team but he needs to be picked and when he plays you generally try to avoid giving him the ball. Absolute a non player. Sick of seeing him get picked ahead of Mendy, Praet or any other player.

I would imagine it was Shakey tbh, last time he was here, Ndidi was one of the first on the teams sheet, as was vardy, I would imagine he was shocked at what he saw, Rodgers had already given up on Ndidi and Vardy 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jmono84 said:

First goal he could have made himself bigger. Second goal he should kno by now you can’t have you hands up like that. Third goal he should have been stronger in the 50/50 and maybe even fouled him once he got away. The third goal was more to do with KDH’s shocking pass to him tho.

There was a point in time he'd have come out with that ball for the 3rd goal, as bad as the pass was.

I've long defended Ndidi, have said a long time nobody has his ceiling here in his position (and Mendy for all the clamour has still never gotten close to Ndidi's best) but I've reluctantly accepted it's never coming back with him now, the same as Ricardo, and probably Justin.

It really is unreal what happened to this squad. I can't believe it went this wrong this quickly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

He was never world class. Let’s not dream up something he wasn’t. He was never able to control or pass the ball, but at least he was able to tackle. Now he just commits fouls, points his hands around as if he knows what he is doing, and generally just goes into hiding. Get him out of the team or we have ZERO chance of staying up. If Smith cannot see this, he doesn’t deserve to ever manage another PL team.

Of course he doesn't but Top is just thinking ahead.

9 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I would imagine it was Shakey tbh, last time he was here, Ndidi was one of the first on the teams sheet, as was vardy, I would imagine he was shocked at what he saw, Rodgers had already given up on Ndidi and Vardy 

I hope you are right, and he saw what we all saw, but the fact that he stayed on when Tielemans and KDH were replaced first did not give me confidence that they saw this. If Ndidi remains in the first team sheet for next game, then we know they don’t know.

Could always forgive the fact he wasn’t Andrea Pirlo because he was so good at the specific jobs he needed to do and we had other players to take on creative burdens. Now he barely looks competent at what were really strong facets of his game. Shirks so many tackles and seems prone to too many fundamentally thick moments. 

More frustrating because he wasn’t brilliant for so long by fluke.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

There was a point in time he'd have come out with that ball for the 3rd goal, as bad as the pass was.

I've long defended Ndidi, have said a long time nobody has his ceiling here in his position (and Mendy for all the clamour has still never gotten close to Ndidi's best) but I've reluctantly accepted it's never coming back with him now, the same as Ricardo, and probably Justin.

It really is unreal what happened to this squad. I can't believe it went this wrong this quickly.

With Justin, you could argue that his peak was about 3 months and either side of that and injuries he hasn’t been very good but sad to see the likes of Ricky P and Wilf being finished.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

...it has been a few years playing Rodgers ball, and the instructions are not easy to erase overnight!!!

A lot like driving a manual and then having to switch to an automatic, you instinctively attempt to go for the gear stick, and you think you will never get the hang of it, but if you have to change back to manual, all the automatic processes that you have had to learn is not so easy to unlearn. You would think what you have always done would come back to you automatically,  but that is never the case.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

14 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He’s never been able to pass a ball which I’ve always thought is wrong for a top flight player. Just basics, but now they’re exposed more.

Exactly. Now as teams press, we need CBs and even goalies to be good with their feet, let alone a midfielder. No matter how good he can be in tackling, it can never work in today’s pressing game if you cannot do the basics right. I never dislike any player, but I am very dismay that he keeps getting picked when it is so wrong. What is the point of a supposed defensive player anyway when you regularly concede goals. Soyuncu got done for a few mistakes last year, yet this guy has costed us so many points this season. There is a reason why no club ever went for him. I blame the coaches and managers here who don’t see this. 

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it has been a few years playing Rodgers ball, and the instructions are not easy to erase overnight!!!

A lot like driving a manual and then having to switch to an automatic, you instinctively attempt to go for the gear stick, and you think you will never get the hang of it, but if you have to change back to manual, all the automatic processes that you have had to learn is not so easy to unlearn. You would think what you have always done would come back to you automatically,  but that is never the case.

I'm sorry I just don't see that, Ndidi is either unfitness can't be arsed, he plays like he's just come from a party at Cheech and Chongs place, he offers nothing 

The game has changed since Wilf was in his prime and alas we, nor other top flight teams can accommodate such a technically limited player at this time. Shame really. :(

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The game has changed since Wilf was in his prime and alas we, nor other top flight teams can accommodate such a technically limited player at this time. Shame really. :(

I don’t agree with this at all, his technical limitations were put to one side as he was so good at breaking down attacks and stopping teams from running at us but now he just waved teams through. That’s the difference and not what you have said.

• Like 1

We cannot judge a player on what he achieved before. It’s about the right here right now and N’didi has fallen so far off the levels he achieved a few seasons ago.

this guy does not look like an elite level professional footballer! I’m sorry but it’s embarrassing. Does he ever watch himself on MOTD? If he does how can he not accept that he looks so bad. We cannot carry him anymore. Bench him and play Mendy till the end and don’t change it. Pray Mendy doesn’t get injured. Smiffy needs to be bloody ruthless 

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

I don’t agree with this at all, his technical limitations were put to one side as he was so good at breaking down attacks and stopping teams from running at us but now he just waved teams through. That’s the difference and not what you have said.

Fair enough, but the bit in bold is not at odds with what I said, I was more trying to allude to why he gets in trouble, he just does not do the basics well enough and gets caught out or lacks the speed of thought too often and I put that down to the nature of high press.

4 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Lets face it, Wilf at fault for all 3 goals, such a poor performance in a season of poor performances, he really should be apologising. I hope he gets no minutes for the rest of the season tbh, his performances have cost us, I hope the 3 amigos see it.

I don't know what's happened to Ndidi this season, I seriously don't. There's losing form and then there's a player's form falling off a cliff. Perhaps it is the after effects of spending chunks of last season or so on the sidelines with injury or being badly coached by Brendan and having his confidence take a hammering because of it  - or both! - but I'd be amazed if he started another game for us this season after yesterday's showing!

Looks like he's disinterested in playing Football these days, I may be wrong but I think he's doing or has done a degree in Business management at DMU and is maybe more focused on that?

He's only 26 and he's looks 36 on the pitch. Smith was gesturing to him throughout the first half yesterday to get further up the pitch, he ignored it which resulted in Smith throwing his arms up in the air in frustration.  The biggest surprise yesterday was that he played 85 minutes. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Fair enough, but the bit in bold is not at odds with what I said, I was more trying to allude to why he gets in trouble, he just does not do the basics well enough and gets caught out or lacks the speed of thought too often and I put that down to the nature of high press.

But his game was always win it back and give it someone else who could pass so it was forgiven.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

Looks like he's disinterested in playing Football these days, I may be wrong but I think he's doing or has done a degree in Business management at DMU and is maybe more focused on that?

He's only 26 and he's looks 36 on the pitch. Smith was gesturing to him throughout the first half yesterday to get further up the pitch, he ignored it which resulted in Smith throwing his arms up in the air in frustration.  The biggest surprise yesterday was that he played 85 minutes. 

He started to study for that degree in 2019 so has probably just about completed it now I'd imagine....unless Covid et al delayed it in a way....and it is still on going...