Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

For a PC equivalent, look at the price of a PCIE x4 1TB M.2 NVME, this type of storage just simply isn't cheap.  It's not accurate, for once..., to say either Sony or MS are ripping us off with the storage costs as unfortunately that's the price band these things cost.

4 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Getting emails through for my pre ordered games/Cobtrollers saying they’ll be with me by the 12th... guess it will be cool having all that stuff sat there for a week before the actual bloody console turns up lol 

Game have said they’re shipping all of their preordered stuff on the console release rather than a week early.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

Game have said they’re shipping all of their preordered stuff on the console release rather than a week early.

I suppose in the grand scheme of things I’d sooner have everything sat waiting for the console than the other way round I guess, as soon as the beast lands I’ll be good to go

1 hour ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

I need to get a game or two preordered. What games are you getting?

Some of the games are free upgrades FYI. So you're better off buying the Ps4 version and upgrading them for free rather than paying the extra tenner for a ps5 version. 

List of games here

https://www.pushsquare.com/guides/ps4-to-ps5-all-games-with-confirmed-free-upgrades 

2 hours ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

I need to get a game or two preordered. What games are you getting?

Just Spider-Man and the new cod so far plus Fifa transfers over, I like the look of Black Myth Wukong and Hogwarts... I’d like an open world game I can get stuck into 

Edited by dbtcity
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Just Spider-Man and the new cod so far plus Fifa transfers over, I like the look of Black Myth Wukong and Hogwarts... I’d like an open world game I can get stuck into 

I like the look of assassins creed but they’re all a bit samey to me after a bit. I’m just getting Fifa and spiderman to start with, I’m consoleless apart from my sons switch at the minute and enjoying the break tbh.

• Like 1

So Currys have gone an interesting way to pay for my pre-order...

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/console-gaming/consoles/sony-playstation-5-825-gb-10203370-pdt.html?srcid=8324&cmpid=empartner~SER~Adobe~PS5fulfillment~20201022

The PS5 is listed for £2,449.00, and they then give you a voucher for £2,005.00 so it still comes out at the RRP minus the £5 deposit

It ends up coming out looking like this

PS5.png

Very strange way to do it, but at least my PS5 is now fully paid!

Edited by moore_94

14 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/gaming/console-gaming/consoles/sony-playstation-5-825-gb-10203370-pdt.html?srcid=8324&cmpid=empartner~SER~Adobe~PS5fulfillment~20201022

The PS5 is listed for £2,449.00, and they then give you a voucher for £2,005.00 so it still comes out at the RRP minus the £5 deposit

PS5.png

Should have paid for it through quidco and seen if you'd get 1% cashback on the 2 grand. lol

Probably not of course, but they are silly sometimes. I got £7 cashback on a fridge I ordered and then cancelled because the idiots at ao couldn't get it into my house. Always worth a try. :D

5 hours ago, moore_94 said:

PS5.png

They did that with the Xbox series X too. All went smoothly but I just don't trust Currys to actually have launch day stock. Got my PS5 from Amazon though & they have confirmed launch day so hopefully all good.

3 minutes ago, Brenfox said:

They did that with the Xbox series X too. All went smoothly but I just don't trust Currys to actually have launch day stock. Got my PS5 from Amazon though & they have confirmed launch day so hopefully all good.

Yeah I think that could be the case with most distributors due to how many seemed to have been pre-ordered

They are setting pre-order payment deadlines for 1st November and have said they will dispatch on 18th November so if anything I think it will be shipped, but the only issue I can see possibly happening is it being a day late but hopefully not!

Will be annoyed if my Spider-man and Cyberpunk get delivered on the 19th but I then have to wait for my PS5 lol

Just got to decide when to sell my PS4 now

22 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Yeah I think that could be the case with most distributors due to how many seemed to have been pre-ordered

They are setting pre-order payment deadlines for 1st November and have said they will dispatch on 18th November so if anything I think it will be shipped, but the only issue I can see possibly happening is it being a day late but hopefully not!

Will be annoyed if my Spider-man and Cyberpunk get delivered on the 19th but I then have to wait for my PS5 lol

Just got to decide when to sell my PS4 now

The amount you’ll get for your PS4 you may as well keep it as a blueRay DVD player in another room 😂 

4 hours ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

So if I buy fifa for the PS4 now but don’t own one and never play it, I’ll still be able to put it in the ps5 and it’ll work for cheaper?

I imagine it will be roughly the same price but yea you can do that, think it has to be disc to disc variant though, you can’t buy the disc then get it on the digital ps5

• Thanks 1

After thinking this over even more, I have once again changed my mind on the display to go with the PS5.  I'm getting an Asus VG289Q.  4k, 28" IPS screen, 60hz.  At its price point, probably the best one can hope for without shelling out a load of cash to get better HDR, HDMI 2.1 and 144hz - at which point I may as well buy a new TV.

Amazon is the place to go - it's around £330 on there.

I might post some pictures up when I have it  :thumbup:

Review here if interested...

This also dropped today.  Cannot wait.  Looks absolutely glorious!

Edited by Legend_in_blue

Valhalla, Spider Man ultimate edition (I never played the first instalment so i had to opt for the ue) and The new cod ordered... roll on release day... no idea when I’ll get the time to play them but I can’t wait to try! Really liking the look of Valhalla but again I’ve never played any of the Assassins creed games so I’m hoping it will be decent

On 29/10/2020 at 17:16, Legend_in_blue said:

After thinking this over even more, I have once again changed my mind on the display to go with the PS5.  I'm getting an Asus VG289Q.  4k, 28" IPS screen, 60hz.  At its price point, probably the best one can hope for without shelling out a load of cash to get better HDR, HDMI 2.1 and 144hz - at which point I may as well buy a new TV.

Amazon is the place to go - it's around £330 on there.

I might post some pictures up when I have it  :thumbup:

Review here if interested...

This also dropped today.  Cannot wait.  Looks absolutely glorious!

Not sure how effective 4k would appear on a 28" monitor, people I know who have 4k are beyond 32" and even then are sceptical about it.

For me, I'd prioritise a higher refresh rate... but you would need to find a monitor that has HDMI 2.1 to make use of it. I've got 2 x 1440p 144mhz Dell monitors for my PC and they are brilliant, just don't think they have HDMI 2.1 to make most of the PS5 ability.

5 hours ago, Rusko187 said:

Not sure how effective 4k would appear on a 28" monitor, people I know who have 4k are beyond 32" and even then are sceptical about it.

For me, I'd prioritise a higher refresh rate... but you would need to find a monitor that has HDMI 2.1 to make use of it. I've got 2 x 1440p 144mhz Dell monitors for my PC and they are brilliant, just don't think they have HDMI 2.1 to make most of the PS5 ability.

Primarily a PC gamer, I downgraded/upgraded from a 4k 60hz 27 inch to 1440p 144hz, totally worth it. Zero change in noticeable resolution at that screen size, but all the frames.