Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

1 hour ago, MrSpaM said:

I think the issue they had was 1TB ssds are fairly cheap at around £80, but when you start going up to 2TB the price ramps up to around £220, so it would have made the console way too expensive

I've seen the 1TB addon space for the xbox series x is about £200 which is absolute extortion!

tbh i know youll be able to use an external HDD on the PS5, but ive always preferred to upgrade the internal, the problem with the 1TB sdd is the fact youll probably have enough for about 5 decent games on there(if you are getting the Digital edition)

10 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbh i know youll be able to use an external HDD on the PS5, but ive always preferred to upgrade the internal, the problem with the 1TB sdd is the fact youll probably have enough for about 5 decent games on there(if you are getting the Digital edition)

Who tf is playing 5 games at once. Just uninstall what you're done with.

1 hour ago, z-layrex said:

well some might want more than just a couple of games on their PS5, since they could solely play a certain game for MP etc, or if a game gets new DLC, meaning youll have to re-download the whole game and the DLC,

theres a few grey areas with it all imo

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

well some might want more than just a couple of games on their PS5, since they could solely play a certain game for MP etc, or if a game gets new DLC, meaning youll have to re-download the whole game and the DLC,

theres a few grey areas with it all imo

I have a 500gb nvme ssd in my pc and it's never been an issue for space. I think 1tb is a lot, especially at the price point. You really are getting a lot for not much money with these new consoles. You also don't want to keep a lot of games installed, it's not good for the speed of the device.

16 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

I have a 500gb nvme ssd in my pc and it's never been an issue for space. I think 1tb is a lot, especially at the price point. You really are getting a lot for not much money with these new consoles. You also don't want to keep a lot of games installed, it's not good for the speed of the device.

i agree with you, thats why im not getting one at launch, personally it makes more sense nowadays to have a gaming PC and say a PS5 since more Xbox exclusives will be on PC anyways unlike some PS ones

15 hours ago, z-layrex said:

I often have loads of games I'll dip in to, 2 or 3 single player games, then there's a host of multilayer games, f1, project cars, apex, fall guys, rocket league etc etc, I shouldn't be limited to not be able to have a quick blast on rocket league with my mates because it isn't installed because the hdd is miniscule. Wouldn't be a problem but the double edged sword with big file sizes and a truly unreliable service in psn is even on a good day with a lightening fast Internet connection you're waiting hours to install a game. Just isn't consumer friendly. 

21 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Some games have huge file sizes and people tend to want to dip in and out of a selection.  In the days of physical disks that wasn't a problem, but if you're storing all your titles digitally then it quickly becomes one.  It may not be an issue for you but it's still an issue.  Fwiw I'd say 1tb is about reasonable for a starting point on a console because you'll still get a lot out of it before you need to worry about chopping and changing, but I wouldn't want any less storage space than that.  I have 1tb on my pc, the other week I purged a bunch of titles I don't play and still ended up with well over 500g accounted for by games.

• Like 1

I've pre ordered both consoles but it is very annoying. I have a 2tb hdd in my ps4 & 5tb external all full. I know that some might say that's excessive but I still like to dip in & out of all the games. Depending on file size it is going to be a real pain to install what you want to play.

• Like 1

It depends on the type of game you play.  If it's one you dip in and out of, like a FIFA, racer or online MP, I guess you will run out of space quickly.  Those story based games though, and open world, once they're done with, they're off the HDD - Watchdogs, Fallout, GoW, Assassins Creed whatever, etc.  Unless of course it's HZD and Witcher 3 :thumbup:

I don't have the storage issue because of what I play.  You can only have two or three main story driven games on the HDD at any one time going through these anyway imo.

On 02/10/2020 at 07:26, z-layrex said:

Got to be able to remember to re-download before you play again too, just makes it too much hassle for me. I have about 40 games installed on my Xbox One. If my mates randomly say GTA V, or Fifa 21 in the group chat, I don't want to have to spend 3 hours downloading it I just want to jump on and play with them for a couple of hours.

On 04/10/2020 at 12:59, whoareyaaa said:

surely they can create a cloud of some sort to prevent players downloading the game

You're downloading huge amounts of data for the textures etc you see on your screen. You'd get consistent buffering and delay for any game you were playing and permanently need an internet connection. It currently just isn't practical. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Interesting video.  Won't be long until those customizable sides are available.  Will probably go all black. 

Its funny if the launch console is black i want a white one & vice versa. It opens it up to some  really cool stuff though.

29 minutes ago, howlinmadmurfdoc said:

Has anyone else Pre ordered with game? Nowhere on my order or the email they sent me does it say when it will be despatched? Am I over thinking it?

I doubt they would want to commit to a dispatch on release day. Them sending out a vague email essentially covers their arses a bit. I wouldn't worry about it

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dbtcity said:

Wooow.... I no this technically could be in either console thread but as I’m a ps boy I thought I’d lob it in here! Can’t wait for my baby to arrive lol 

Surely the current gen should be able to do better than the one of the left? Looks PS3 grade

9 hours ago, dbtcity said:

I don’t know I mean that pretty much looks like the players in Fifa on the PS4 

Fair enough , I skipped the current gen so can't comment fully, just had it in my head it was closer to the right pic then left when I played at mates houses. To be honest though every generation looks mind blowingly good until you get another. I remember people saying PS2 was so close to real life and it would be hard to better it 😁

• Haha 1