Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
somebum

PS5

8 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yeah I want a bundle ideally, probably save myself £75-£100 or so by waiting a few weeks after release.

This is true, the last 2 generations you've been able to get massive savings on bundles as soon as the console releases, often an extra controller and 2 games for about £50 more than the console on its own

Might not be the same this year however as I imagine Covid will have an impact on manufacture

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

I am very tempted by the PS5 and i would only be kidding myself saying i wont get one.

That said, i think i'll wait as the first few editions always have the teething issues. Its a fine line between not rushing in and not waiting forever by which time the PS6 comes out!

Look at the PS4 for instance - they then bought out a PS4 pro which actually is like as PS4.5! its incomparable with the PS4.

Reality, i will probably get one and just deal with the teething issues!

18 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Which did you go for?

Like a madman I thought sod it, just buy one.

Like a crazy madman, I then went for Demon Souls lol

I'd rather not break the dualshock within a few hours but there you have it.  

This will see me through until Horizon is released and I've got 8 titles out of those free 17 on PS+ that I haven't played, so this will keep me busy no doubt.  lol

Massive slice of luck all round.  About a month ago Simply Games sent an email asking to register interest and I forgot about it.  Then at 4 this afternoon they email through a link and it's sorted.

7 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

All you fan boys getting in early. 

I will play the waiting game.

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

image.thumb.png.8f59c5f8b0a9b2ae761fae0c913cedaf.png

Mmmmmm....

Decisions, decisions... lol

image.png.58fe5f28f64359d9d885773536a77e69.png

Couldn't resist lol

You managed to wait a whole 6 hourslol

Least they're doing bundles, haven't seen anywhere else doing them yet. I'll (hopefully) manage to hold off until around Christmas time.

16 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

You managed to wait a whole 6 hourslol

Least they're doing bundles, haven't seen anywhere else doing them yet. I'll (hopefully) manage to hold off until around Christmas time.

Well, when the link dropped in my email and I went through to the pre-order screen and saw 6 options available knowing that everywhere else is at 0 (apart from Argos who start tomorrow), it was too tempting to turn down.

Demon Souls did look impressive last night on the promo and, although Dark Souls 2 had me beaten, I've never played this one.

• Like 1

On 17/09/2020 at 11:37, Legend_in_blue said:

All you fan boys getting in early. 

I will play the waiting game.

6 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Demon Souls looks mighty impressive on next gen.

PS5 pre orders for the game are in high numbers no doubt.  How many are down for XBox?  Oh, wait a sec..., wrong question to ask! lol

You're the biggest fanboy in here :D.

Some of the games looked great the other night to add onto the already impressive list so Sony still miles ahead. I do think it's ridiculous that they banged on about the need for console generations and that you needed a PS5 to deliver those new experiences, then they go and say that Horizon and Miles Morales aren't PS5 exclusives anymore when they said they would be. Imagine if Microsoft did that lol.

Apparently Amazon is emailing people telling that they may not be able to deliver on launch day which must be gutting if you've pre-ordered from there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

You're the biggest fanboy in here :D.

Some of the games looked great the other night to add onto the already impressive list so Sony still miles ahead. I do think it's ridiculous that they banged on about the need for console generations and that you needed a PS5 to deliver those new experiences, then they go and say that Horizon and Miles Morales aren't PS5 exclusives anymore when they said they would be. Imagine if Microsoft did that lol.

Apparently Amazon is emailing people telling that they may not be able to deliver on launch day which must be gutting if you've pre-ordered from there.

Yes, announcing the PS4 version for Horizon was an arrogant move by Sony imo, but they know they can do what they like.  Also, I'm expecting an outstanding sequel, but will it be as outstanding as it could be now it's being developed on PS4 and not solely PS5?  We'll probably end up with an upscaled pro version.

SimplyGames have guaranteed delivery on release day, so we shall see.  Decent company to deal with, as are ShopTo.